Should I feel guilty for eating at chick fil a?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2015, 03:41 PM
RE: Should I feel guilty for eating at chick fil a?
(31-08-2015 06:27 PM)Rkane819 Wrote:  Man do I love chick fil a. There is one right on my way home from work and I stop there at least twice a week. I took a stand against hobby lobby, but mainly because that place sucks anyways so it wasn't hard to not go there but chick fil a is fantastic. I don't feel good about eating there but it's convenient and delicious. Does anyone else here directly or indirectly support Christian businesses or charities?

I avoid Chic-Fil-A more for animal rights issues.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2015, 01:01 PM
(04-09-2015 10:09 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Drunkin - Don't be an asshat. The "I'm cool 'cuz I'm not like those silly wussy hipsters" kind of hipster. Knock it off.

When food stops costing money, then you won't mix politics and food, and not a moment before.

Money is politics; dollars are votes. Do I think we should avoid eating at CFA? No, I think they're fine and within their rights as a company, and do the best they can to follow their beliefs, and are more ethical than most companies out there.

People do what they can on the small scale. The pick small battles to fight and then they fight them. If we did nothing because we can't fix global problems, then nothing ever changes for the better.

So take your "Billy likes to be outraged at things" and go fuck yourself. And no, I'm not outraged, I just think you're the worst kind of douchebag, who use mockery and sneering to look down on people who even try to pay attention to things going on in the world, even on the micro scale. You're ten times worse than the fake-concern types you're mocking, especially since it's generally a straw man argument, and you're a hundred times worse than those who actually try to care.

I think you missed my fucking point. Billy will not go to the chicken shop because of his convictions but he won't refuse to pay taxes for his convictions. It had fuck all to do with "fixing global problems."Billy is a fucking hypocrite. Plain and simple.
That said try not to jump to conclusions and perhaps even in the future ask what a person means rather that making up your own bullshit. Aside from that I think I've been here long enough for folks to know that I generally make light of most things. You need to lighten the fuck up. Just slide that stick out of you ass. It'll feel good. I promice.
That said I'll leave with one I used before (on Chas I think).
I'll give to you the same advise my grandmothers chickens gave me when I chased them. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck off...
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
06-09-2015, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2015 01:13 PM by Drunkin Druid.)
Notice how I didn't insult you personally by calling you childish names. That's because I'm morally superior to you and you're a fucking idiot.
Oh shit. There goes my moral superiority. Huh. Well, you're still a fucking idiot though so there's that. Wink
[+] 2 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
06-09-2015, 01:17 PM
(06-09-2015 01:08 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Notice how I didn't insult you personally by calling you childish names. That's because I'm morally superior to you and you're a fucking idiot.
Oh shit. There goes my moral superiority. Huh. Well, you're still a fucking idiot though so there's that. Wink

I'm pretty sure RS was fired up on some other shit, and you just got the overflow. Good rebuttal, however.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
06-09-2015, 01:24 PM
(31-08-2015 10:07 PM)cactus Wrote:  
(31-08-2015 09:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I never heard of it.

I guess I win.

My mind is blown. Blink

I can't drive 20 miles without running into one.

They used to sponsor events at my high school and hand out coupons for free sandwiches. I'd pick up all the spare coupons that people left on the floor, and I started a little collection of them. I've probably still got some laying around, and they'd probably still be good over a decade later, since they never put an expiration date on their coupons Big Grin

This was all in the days before they became widely known for their bigotry.... I think. Maybe I was just sheltered and never heard about it until college. lol

In all my 29 years Angel (cough cough forty something, cough) I've never seen one like anywhere.

The only chicken places I've seen is Popeyes(?) and KFC.

I am fond of Wendy's chicken sandwiches, but haven't had one in a very long time.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-09-2015, 01:29 PM
(06-09-2015 01:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  In all my 29 years Angel (cough cough forty something, cough) I've never seen one like anywhere.

You may have gotten that last digit reversed. 26, surely. Heart

In my case, there was one by my pad in Phoenix. I went there once, wasn't impressed. Easily sustained moral outrage is the best kind. Thumbsup

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
06-09-2015, 01:32 PM
(06-09-2015 01:17 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 01:08 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Notice how I didn't insult you personally by calling you childish names. That's because I'm morally superior to you and you're a fucking idiot.

I'm pretty sure RS was fired up on some other shit, and you just got the overflow. Good rebuttal, however.

Something to do with cycles perhaps?
Ohhh. That comment might cost me... Smile
06-09-2015, 01:33 PM
(06-09-2015 01:29 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 01:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  In all my 29 years Angel (cough cough forty something, cough) I've never seen one like anywhere.

You may have gotten that last digit reversed. 26, surely. Heart

In my case, there was one by my pad in Phoenix. I went there once, wasn't impressed. Easily sustained moral outrage is the best kind. Thumbsup

This is why I Heart you HoC.

You're my hero! Thank Gwynnies for you!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-09-2015, 01:34 PM
Don't know if you Yanks got Mary Browns but it's damn good. Try it if it's available.
06-09-2015, 01:34 PM
(06-09-2015 01:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(31-08-2015 10:07 PM)cactus Wrote:  My mind is blown. Blink

I can't drive 20 miles without running into one.

They used to sponsor events at my high school and hand out coupons for free sandwiches. I'd pick up all the spare coupons that people left on the floor, and I started a little collection of them. I've probably still got some laying around, and they'd probably still be good over a decade later, since they never put an expiration date on their coupons Big Grin

This was all in the days before they became widely known for their bigotry.... I think. Maybe I was just sheltered and never heard about it until college. lol

In all my 29 years Angel (cough cough forty something, cough) I've never seen one like anywhere.

The only chicken places I've seen is Popeyes(?) and KFC.

I am fond of Wendy's chicken sandwiches, but haven't had one in a very long time.

I'd never heard of the place until the all the hubbub started.