Should I get a Vita?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2014, 07:34 AM
Should I get a Vita?
I'm looking into getting a used Vita; around my area they're about 100 bucks.

I'd avoided it for the longest time because I was less than impressed by the PSP, and wasn't won over by the exclusive library of the Vita either.

Honestly that all changed when I found out it has Spelunky on it.

While I'd honestly be happy with a portable Spelunky machine, I also looked into the massive list of PlayStation games (MediEvil, SotN, Metal Gear Solid) on it and gotta say, I really want one now.

Any of you guys own Vitas? How good is it for playing those old classics and as a console in general?

I already own a 3DS, 360, PS3, Wii, and a gaming PC, so I'd just be adding this onto my list of consoles.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Jasozz's post
25-04-2014, 07:38 AM
RE: Should I get a Vita?
(25-04-2014 07:34 AM)Jasozz Wrote:  I'm looking into getting a used Vita; around my area they're about 100 bucks.

I'd avoided it for the longest time because I was less than impressed by the PSP, and wasn't won over by the exclusive library of the Vita either.

While I'd honestly be happy with a portable Spelunky machine, I also looked into the massive list of PlayStation games (MediEvil, SotN, Metal Gear Solid) on it and gotta say, I really want one now.

Any of you guys own Vitas? How good is it for playing those old classics and as a console in general?

I already own a 3DS, 360, PS3, Wii, and a gaming PC, so I'd just be adding this onto my list of consoles.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
25-04-2014, 07:38 AM
HA! YOU DON'T HAVE A GAMECUBE! MUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 2 users Like Alex_Leonardo's post
25-04-2014, 07:43 AM
(25-04-2014 07:38 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  HA! YOU DON'T HAVE A GAMECUBE! MUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Wii is backwards compatible Thumbsup

I've got a SNES, GBA, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, DS, and Sega Genesis too.
[+] 1 user Likes Jasozz's post
25-04-2014, 07:44 AM
(25-04-2014 07:34 AM)Jasozz Wrote:  I'm looking into getting a used Vita; around my area they're about 100 bucks.

I owned one for a few months back when they came out, but I sold it to a friend shortly after.

Pros: Great graphics and a access to a crap ton of older games.

Cons: It cramped my hands up terribly. It was worse than the old PSP. I have ridiculously large hands, though, so experience may vary.
Not a fan of the download only thing. I've been burned too many times by digital downloaded games/media to fully trust them. And it's Sony, so if something goes wrong, you just get the middle finger.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
25-04-2014, 07:45 AM
(25-04-2014 07:43 AM)Jasozz Wrote:  
(25-04-2014 07:38 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  HA! YOU DON'T HAVE A GAMECUBE! MUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Wii is backwards compatible Thumbsup

I've got a SNES, GBA, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, DS, and Sega Genesis too.

Still, it isn't the antique.... It's just compatible. (Actually, my new Wii will arive somewhere around today.)

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
25-04-2014, 07:52 AM
No

[Image: oscar.png]
25-04-2014, 07:55 AM
(25-04-2014 07:52 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  No

Reasoning?
25-04-2014, 07:56 AM
The only reason I don't have one is the god-damn proprietary memory cards.

Motherfucking $100 for 64Gb? NOPE.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
25-04-2014, 07:56 AM
(25-04-2014 07:44 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  

I owned one for a few months back when they came out, but I sold it to a friend shortly after.

Pros: Great graphics and a access to a crap ton of older games.

Cons: It cramped my hands up terribly. It was worse than the old PSP. I have ridiculously large hands, though, so experience may vary.
Not a fan of the download only thing. I've been burned too many times by digital downloaded games/media to fully trust them. And it's Sony, so if something goes wrong, you just get the middle finger.

I have played a Vita before, and to me it was a pretty comfortable fit. Not as comfortable as my 3DSXL, but no complaints.