Should I get a Vita?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2014, 08:36 AM
RE: Should I get a Vita?
(25-04-2014 08:35 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  
(25-04-2014 08:32 AM)Jasozz Wrote:  Oh of course, that makes way more sense!

Yeah it would be awful if he had gotten an iPod Touch 4th Generation for 50 bucks last year and loved how easy it was to have all of his music on the go. That would just be the worst!

Seriously. I should have been a bit more clear. Okay, you have to pay like $100 to get more GBs on the Iphones and Ipods.
[Image: iphone_4s_pricing.jpg]

Hahaha Laugh out load I gotcha. No, I would have never purchased an iAnything at full price. I just happen to like Craigslist. Alot.

I live near a university town and a military base, so there's alot of good stuff goin' cheap.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Jasozz's post
25-04-2014, 08:40 AM
(25-04-2014 08:36 AM)Jasozz Wrote:  
(25-04-2014 08:35 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  Seriously. I should have been a bit more clear. Okay, you have to pay like $100 to get more GBs on the Iphones and Ipods.
[Image: iphone_4s_pricing.jpg]

Hahaha Laugh out load I gotcha. No, I would have never purchased an iAnything at full price. I just happen to like Craigslist. Alot.

I live near a university town and a military base, so there's alot of good stuff goin' cheap.

I own several Apple products. 2 old iPods, a 4th gen iPod touch, a 3rd gen iPod touch, a first gen iPad, a 5th gen iPod nano, and a 2 year old Macbook Pro.

Total amount of money I've ever given to Apple: $0

Livin the dream.

yes, they were all acquired legally. people seem to like to give me their old apple stuff for some reason.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
25-04-2014, 08:42 AM
(25-04-2014 08:40 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(25-04-2014 08:36 AM)Jasozz Wrote:  Hahaha Laugh out load I gotcha. No, I would have never purchased an iAnything at full price. I just happen to like Craigslist. Alot.

I own several Apple products. 2 old iPods, a 4th gen iPod touch, a 3rd gen iPod touch, a first gen iPad, a 5th gen iPod nano, and a 2 year old Macbook Pro.

Livin the dream.

My family owns:
Two Ipod touches 4th gen.
"The new" Ipad
Iphone 5 S
Iphone 4 S
Iphone 3 S

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
25-04-2014, 08:43 AM
(25-04-2014 08:40 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(25-04-2014 08:36 AM)Jasozz Wrote:  Hahaha Laugh out load I gotcha. No, I would have never purchased an iAnything at full price. I just happen to like Craigslist. Alot.

Livin the dream.

yes, they were all acquired legally. people seem to like to give me their old apple stuff for some reason.

Haha awesome.

I bought a 3rd Gen iPod touch back in high school for 60 bucks or so, but it got stolen when my car got broken into.

Got my iPhone from my cousin who got the iPhone 5 and just didn't want her old 4 anymore.
25-04-2014, 08:46 AM
(25-04-2014 08:43 AM)Jasozz Wrote:  
(25-04-2014 08:40 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I own several Apple products. 2 old iPods, a 4th gen iPod touch, a 3rd gen iPod touch, a first gen iPad, a 5th gen iPod nano, and a 2 year old Macbook Pro.

Livin the dream.

Haha awesome.

I bought a 3rd Gen iPod touch back in high school for 60 bucks or so, but it got stolen when my car got broken into.

Got my iPhone from my cousin who got the iPhone 5 and just didn't want her old 4 anymore.

I have been a direct beneficiary to the "how do you upgrade your apple product? buy a new one" joke on several occasions. The macbook, ipad, and one of the iPod touches came from one person who ran out to buy the latest and greatest the year after they came out and just gave me all his old crap... What a good little Apple fanboi he is.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
25-04-2014, 08:52 AM
(25-04-2014 08:46 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(25-04-2014 08:43 AM)Jasozz Wrote:  Haha awesome.

I have been a direct beneficiary to the "how do you upgrade your apple product? buy a new one" joke on several occasions. The macbook, ipad, and one of the iPod touches came from one person who ran out to buy the latest and greatest the year after they came out and just gave me all his old crap... What a good little Apple fanboi he is.

Laugh out load "One man's trash" is getting ridiculous.
25-04-2014, 08:56 AM
(25-04-2014 08:52 AM)Jasozz Wrote:  
(25-04-2014 08:46 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I have been a direct beneficiary to the "how do you upgrade your apple product? buy a new one" joke on several occasions. The macbook, ipad, and one of the iPod touches came from one person who ran out to buy the latest and greatest the year after they came out and just gave me all his old crap... What a good little Apple fanboi he is.

Laugh out load "One man's trash" is getting ridiculous.

It really amazes me what people consider "trash" when it comes to technology. I also have about 6 Android devices laying around simply because someone didn't want them. Someone gave me an HTC Rezound, Beats headsets and all, because "it was old garbage".... Thanks for the free $100 earbuds, man.

I also have a section in my garage that is nothing but buckets of computer parts. Those do go obsolete fairly quickly, but you'd be surprised how many times someone needs an old part to fix their computer. Oh, you need an ISA wireless network card. Yeah, I've got those.

25-04-2014, 09:05 AM
(25-04-2014 08:56 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(25-04-2014 08:52 AM)Jasozz Wrote:  Laugh out load "One man's trash" is getting ridiculous.

It really amazes me what people consider "trash" when it comes to technology. I also have about 6 Android devices laying around simply because someone didn't want them. Someone gave me an HTC Rezound, Beats headsets and all, because "it was old garbage".... Thanks for the free $100 earbuds, man.

I also have a section in my garage that is nothing but buckets of computer parts. Those do go obsolete fairly quickly, but you'd be surprised how many times someone needs an old part to fix their computer. Oh, you need an ISA wireless network card. Yeah, I've got those.

How do people just get rid of stuff like that? What is the average income around there?

I've got a free netbook (300$ at the time) because the hard drive stopped working and it was deemed "trash".

Nah, just throw a new 2.5" in there and its good as new.
25-04-2014, 09:10 AM
(25-04-2014 09:05 AM)Jasozz Wrote:  
(25-04-2014 08:56 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  It really amazes me what people consider "trash" when it comes to technology. I also have about 6 Android devices laying around simply because someone didn't want them. Someone gave me an HTC Rezound, Beats headsets and all, because "it was old garbage".... Thanks for the free $100 earbuds, man.

How do people just get rid of stuff like that? What is the average income around there?

I've got a free netbook (300$ at the time) because the hard drive stopped working and it was deemed "trash".

It's because people don't understand computers. When it stops working repeatably, they deem it "trash" because they don't understand how they work. [Image: 04i9a.gif][Image: mI0vW.gif]

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 2 users Like Alex_Leonardo's post
25-04-2014, 09:18 AM
(25-04-2014 09:05 AM)Jasozz Wrote:  
(25-04-2014 08:56 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  It really amazes me what people consider "trash" when it comes to technology. I also have about 6 Android devices laying around simply because someone didn't want them. Someone gave me an HTC Rezound, Beats headsets and all, because "it was old garbage".... Thanks for the free $100 earbuds, man.

The average income in the greater Cleveland area is actually pretty low. We also have ridiculously low cost of living, so anyone who is above the poverty line usually has some money to spare. Also, I grew up 2 towns over from one of the wealthiest communities in the area. Rich people get rid of all kinds o stuff that is either slightly out of date or slightly broken.

Like the netbook you got, people don't realize how ridiculously easy it is to fix things when they have the money to just replace them. It's easier, and hey, new toy!

A while back, a friend and I started building cheap computers for Veterans and people who couldn't afford one. At one point, I had to tell people to stop sending me things because my computer storage area in my garage was full. I still haven't sifted through all the parts I have laying around.