Should I get a Vita?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2014, 09:20 AM
RE: Should I get a Vita?
(25-04-2014 09:18 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(25-04-2014 09:05 AM)Jasozz Wrote:  How do people just get rid of stuff like that? What is the average income around there?

I've got a free netbook (300$ at the time) because the hard drive stopped working and it was deemed "trash".

Nah, just throw a new 2.5" in there and its good as new.

The average income in the greater Cleveland area is actually pretty low. We also have ridiculously low cost of living, so anyone who is above the poverty line usually has some money to spare. Also, I grew up 2 towns over from one of the wealthiest communities in the area. Rich people get rid of all kinds o stuff that is either slightly out of date or slightly broken.

Like the netbook you got, people don't realize how ridiculously easy it is to fix things when they have the money to just replace them. It's easier, and hey, new toy!

A while back, a friend and I started building cheap computers for Veterans and people who couldn't afford one. At one point, I had to tell people to stop sending me things because my computer storage area in my garage was full. I still haven't sifted through all the parts I have laying around.

Oh nice, that's a cool thing to do!

Oh, and back on the Vita topic, I located one about 10 miles from here that is selling for 150, almost brand new, comes with a case, a charger, a 4GB card, ACIII: Liberation, Cock of Duty: DC, and NFS.

I'm thinking if I pick that up and trade the 3 games (no interest in any of them) and the 4GB card off towards a larger card at GameStop (girlfriend works there, extra trade-in and extra discount) I can probably be sitting pretty.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Jasozz's post
25-04-2014, 11:03 AM
OR you can not buy it to start with and be sitting prettier without having to do anything.
25-04-2014, 11:18 AM
(25-04-2014 07:34 AM)Jasozz Wrote:  I'm looking into getting a used Vita; around my area they're about 100 bucks.

I'd avoided it for the longest time because I was less than impressed by the PSP, and wasn't won over by the exclusive library of the Vita either.

Honestly that all changed when I found out it has Spelunky on it.

While I'd honestly be happy with a portable Spelunky machine, I also looked into the massive list of PlayStation games (MediEvil, SotN, Metal Gear Solid) on it and gotta say, I really want one now.

Any of you guys own Vitas? How good is it for playing those old classics and as a console in general?

I already own a 3DS, 360, PS3, Wii, and a gaming PC, so I'd just be adding this onto my list of consoles.

My short answer? No

Handhelds are a waste of money.
25-04-2014, 11:33 AM
(25-04-2014 11:03 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  OR you can not buy it to start with and be sitting prettier without having to do anything.

You could provide some feedback besides your cynical nonsense.
25-04-2014, 11:34 AM
(25-04-2014 11:18 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(25-04-2014 07:34 AM)Jasozz Wrote:  I'm looking into getting a used Vita; around my area they're about 100 bucks.

I'd avoided it for the longest time because I was less than impressed by the PSP, and wasn't won over by the exclusive library of the Vita either.

Honestly that all changed when I found out it has Spelunky on it.

While I'd honestly be happy with a portable Spelunky machine, I also looked into the massive list of PlayStation games (MediEvil, SotN, Metal Gear Solid) on it and gotta say, I really want one now.

Any of you guys own Vitas? How good is it for playing those old classics and as a console in general?

I already own a 3DS, 360, PS3, Wii, and a gaming PC, so I'd just be adding this onto my list of consoles.

My short answer? No

Just in general? I spend alot of time on the road with my job and my 3DS has been indispensable for keeping me entertained, so I personally love handhelds.
25-04-2014, 11:44 AM
I am proud to say that I understand nothing in this thread.

But I have a question...

What is the difference between 3G and 4G?

I've asked this question to many so-called IT-people.

Best answer so far:
1G

25-04-2014, 11:48 AM
(25-04-2014 11:44 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I am proud to say that I understand nothing in this thread.

But I have a question...

Best answer so far:
1G

Essentially the G just represents an iteration (or generation) of cell phone technology.

4G networks/phones are able to handle higher data speeds than 3G, similar to DSL vs. Dial-Up, so you can download stuff faster on your phone.

Additionally, 4G is fast enough that many phones can be used as wifi hotspots for other devices.
[+] 2 users Like Jasozz's post
25-04-2014, 12:00 PM
(25-04-2014 11:48 AM)Jasozz Wrote:  
(25-04-2014 11:44 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I am proud to say that I understand nothing in this thread.

But I have a question...

Best answer so far:
1G

Essentially the G just represents an iteration (or generation) of cell phone technology.

4G networks/phones are able to handle higher data speeds than 3G, similar to DSL vs. Dial-Up, so you can download stuff faster on your phone.

Additionally, 4G is fast enough that many phones can be used as wifi hotspots for other devices.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
25-04-2014, 12:08 PM
(25-04-2014 12:00 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(25-04-2014 11:48 AM)Jasozz Wrote:  Essentially the G just represents an iteration (or generation) of cell phone technology.

[+] 1 user Likes Jasozz's post
25-04-2014, 03:29 PM
(25-04-2014 11:34 AM)Jasozz Wrote:  
(25-04-2014 11:18 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  My short answer? No

Just in general? I spend alot of time on the road with my job and my 3DS has been indispensable for keeping me entertained, so I personally love handhelds.

I guess if youre on the road a lot thats different

I had a DS light. I played on it for maybe two months then never touched it again. Most people I know that game have handhelds they never use.