Should I get a Vita?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2014, 06:23 PM
RE: Should I get a Vita?
(25-04-2014 03:29 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(25-04-2014 11:34 AM)Jasozz Wrote:  Just in general? I spend alot of time on the road with my job and my 3DS has been indispensable for keeping me entertained, so I personally love handhelds.

I guess if youre on the road a lot thats different

I had a DS light. I played on it for maybe two months then never touched it again. Most people I know that game have handhelds they never use.

Oh, I'll agree with you on the DS. There were so few good games for it. It was kind of in that gimmicky "lets do everything touch" thing that the Wii did with motion controls.

The 3DS has revived my faith in handheld gaming. Ocarina of Time 3D, RE: Revelations, Link Between Worlds, etc. etc.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2014, 10:42 PM
(25-04-2014 11:48 AM)Jasozz Wrote:  
(25-04-2014 11:44 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I am proud to say that I understand nothing in this thread.

But I have a question...

What is the difference between 3G and 4G?

I've asked this question to many so-called IT-people.

Best answer so far:
1G

Essentially the G just represents an iteration (or generation) of cell phone technology.

4G networks/phones are able to handle higher data speeds than 3G, similar to DSL vs. Dial-Up, so you can download stuff faster on your phone.

Additionally, 4G is fast enough that many phones can be used as wifi hotspots for other devices.

Erm... 1G.... joke. Facepalm Jeeez!

26-04-2014, 08:25 AM
(25-04-2014 10:42 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(25-04-2014 11:48 AM)Jasozz Wrote:  Essentially the G just represents an iteration (or generation) of cell phone technology.

4G networks/phones are able to handle higher data speeds than 3G, similar to DSL vs. Dial-Up, so you can download stuff faster on your phone.

Additionally, 4G is fast enough that many phones can be used as wifi hotspots for other devices.

Erm... 1G.... joke. Facepalm Jeeez!

Huh
26-04-2014, 08:27 AM
UPDATE

Thanks for the input everyone. I did go ahead and decide to get one. Got a used Vita with a case and cover, as well as a 16GB Memory card, for 150.

Console appears to be almost brand new, no marks except for a small surface scratchon the back.

Already loaded it with MediEvil, Dino Crisis, Castlevania:SOTN, MGS, RE2, Spelunky, and Alundra.

It fits nicely in my hands, I really like the feel of it. The touch keyboard is my biggest complaint. Its responsive, which is nice, but the key placement is hella weird. It was designed for people with 4 inch long thumbs.

Loving the battery life so far. Played MediEvil for 2 hours last night, barely made a dent in the battery.
[+] 2 users Like Jasozz's post
28-04-2014, 06:37 PM
Welcome to the fold, new Vita owner! When time and resources permit, I'll recommend Dokuro, Touch My Katamari, and Sound Shapes to you. I also had tremendous fun with Hello Kitty to Issho: Block Crash V, but that's a pricey import.

[Image: MegahentaiSignature_zps7c4b73b2.jpg]
30-04-2014, 07:23 AM
(28-04-2014 06:37 PM)MegaHentai Wrote:  Welcome to the fold, new Vita owner! When time and resources permit, I'll recommend Dokuro, Touch My Katamari, and Sound Shapes to you. I also had tremendous fun with Hello Kitty to Issho: Block Crash V, but that's a pricey import.

I may have an unhealthy bias against JRPGs due to my girlfriend's unhealthy obsession with them Tongue

I'm currently indulging myself in the myriad of PSOne classics, and feeding my addiction to Spelunky.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll look into them, if anything at least for my girlfriend's sake Tongue
30-04-2014, 10:06 PM
Luckily, none of those are JRPG games! Dokuro and Sound Shapes are platformers, Touch My Katamari is an action game, and the Hello Kitty one is a block breaker.

[Image: MegahentaiSignature_zps7c4b73b2.jpg]