Should I get my hair cut?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-10-2014, 05:08 PM
RE: Should I get my hair cut?
(06-10-2014 05:03 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Shave underneath and leave the rest long. Maybe a good trim of the ends. Then you can pull it into a ponytail out of your way but let it down when you play.

Oooo this is a great idea!!!!!

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2014, 05:08 PM
Re: RE: Should I get my hair cut?
James did it.

[Image: upe4ehu5.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
06-10-2014, 07:06 PM
My dad went from long hair and beard to totally shaved at the end of last summer. It wasn't that much of a shock since he almost always had it in a braided ponytail. The shaved face however freaked the hell out of me, since so much facial expression comes from that region, and I couldn't look directly at him for about a week. I would look up and to the side. My dad started growing it when I was born so after 21 years it was a big shock.

I have also thought about cutting my hair. I've been growing it out since I was 14 and right now its about 8 inches past my shoulders. I cut it to my nape about once a year. In some ways I want to cut it since I'm becoming less crazy and more responsible but I also don't want to cut it since it basically means the death of Tarzan (people do actually call me Tarzan, including three professors)

Also I find it really easy to care. I bought one bottle of treseme shampoo and one conditioner at the start of September and its not even a fifth empty. You could probably use a lot less shampoo and conditioner. I also don't bother with drying my hair, I just let it dry on my head.

Pro tip: brush hair before showering. It makes life a lot easier. Very few knots after shower.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
[+] 1 user Likes TarzanSmith's post
06-10-2014, 07:17 PM
I had the long Jesus hair when I was in my 20's. Kinda got tired of it as I got older, so I cut it short in my late 20's. Used to have a beard too, it grayed out pretty good in my 40's so I just cut it off, that made me look younger.

It's a lot easier to deal with, practicality just seems to win out as you get older sometimes.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
06-10-2014, 07:18 PM
I have always liked healthy, long hair on men. Broke my little heart when the trend went to shorter cuts. Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
06-10-2014, 07:33 PM
(06-10-2014 04:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 02:53 PM)Sam Wrote:  I've had long, unstyled hair since I was 13...

I'm starting to get sick of it now... I go through gallons of Head And Shoulders every month, and my hair drier nearly caught fire last week.

But getting a haircut is not a very Rock 'n' Roll thing to do.

Just can't imagine what anyone could do with it besides going right to the bone and starting from scratch...

Any blokes on here gone from long Jebus hair to a short style? Did it go well?

Will I look even more of a twat after?

I would start by getting rid of the hair dryer - bursting into flames is even too metal for metal. Ask Hetfield.

Not for Michael Jackson. He didn't even stop dancing for the fire extinguisher. Thumbsup

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
06-10-2014, 07:35 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2014 07:41 PM by GirlyMan.)
(06-10-2014 07:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have always liked healthy, long hair on men. Broke my little heart when the trend went to shorter cuts. Sadcryface

Why hello there, pretty lady.
[Image: zappa.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
06-10-2014, 08:22 PM
(06-10-2014 07:06 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  I also don't bother with drying my hair, I just let it dry on my head.

I usually leave mine on my head too, but only until it's dry.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
06-10-2014, 08:39 PM
I don't like anything on me that isn't eye brows or eye lashes.

With a shaved head, I can shower in approximately 8.3 seconds. With shaved armpits, people make fun of me but screw them. I don't have to use as much anti-antiperspirant and I don't get crusty stains on my shirts. It also makes it easier to pluck out ticks before the 24 to 48 hour incubation period of Lyme disease while out in the boonies.

I'm getting off topic. Shave your head Tongue

'Murican Canadian
06-10-2014, 09:04 PM
Don't go too short, your picture makes it look like you've got a little bit of wave to your hair. You could pull off a midlength cut and it be quite attractive on you.

Some random examples that could potentially work with your face shape via google search midlength men hair:
[Image: classic-cuts-men.jpg]

[Image: hairstyles-for-men-with-thick-hair-medium-length.jpg]

I don't know if your hair is thick enough for this, but if so this is awesome:
[Image: Latest-mens-hair.jpg]

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post