Should I go back to LDS church again?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2016, 12:52 PM
Should I go back to LDS church again?
This is my very first time posting article and I'm not a native English speaker so SORRY IF I'VE DONE ANYTHING WRONG!

So the thing is that I went to a LDS church recently for it's free English courses on Wednesday, well, not that "free" actually cause it's like students there get preached after the English class. Missionaries there were really nice and I love spending time with them, so I promised them to go to church on Sunday. It was really a lot of fun at first but I started to feel like that I didn't get it whenever there's people on stage sharing their testimonies(those are just too unreal to me), I don't understand why people there credit every good things they've done to God, most of all, something in my brain tells me that the elders are treating me nice just to convert me.
I got more and more guilty whenever I was in the church cause people there cared me a lot yet I know that I'll never get baptized and be a Mormon--- they're doing an investment that will never profit( by the way I was the only one in the church who hadn't get baptized).
Last Wednesday I did something actually stupid which made me make up my mind to leave the church. One of the elder I was close to had completed his missionary service and was leaving so I prepared him a goodbye gift--- a Book of Mormon he gave me before. I thought it was fine but then I figured it out latter that it might be rude to do this, therefore I left the church with shame.
Recently I start to miss the time in church and I intend to go back but I know that the same thing could happen again, so what do I do? Can someone help me with that please?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2016, 01:05 PM
RE: Should I go back to LDS church again?
Welcome to TTA Smile

I don't think it's a good idea to go back to the church. Churches groom and brainwash people. If you are looking for somewhere to belong why not join a group that shares some of your interests--a group that lets you be yourself and does not try to mind control you. You are very young--do not get sucked up into this church brainwashing. You have your whole life to live the way you want--if however, you go the church route these nice "well-meaning" religious folk will try and tell you how to live your life, who to marry, how to act, what to do, think, feel, believe.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
15-07-2016, 01:14 PM
Hello! Big Grin

Well..... since you found us...

WE can help you with your English! Thumbsup

Though.... probably not me since I'm not English. No
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
15-07-2016, 01:31 PM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2016 01:42 PM by cactus.)
Welcome to the forum Smile
English-speaking forums can be a great way to learn English.
Mormon church services are a great way to learn a lot of worthless nonsense.

It's cool if you want to hang out with Mormons, have discussions with them about their beliefs, or even attend a church service or two out of curiosity, but don't let them guilt you into participating regularly in their cult rituals.

If you do consider going to another church service, ask yourself this:
"Will I be learning anything valuable by attending another church service?"
"Would I still have a worthwhile relationship with these people if I decided to be completely honest with them about our difference in beliefs?"

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
15-07-2016, 01:37 PM
They can teach you how to dress all geeky.
That's a plus. Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
15-07-2016, 01:38 PM
(15-07-2016 01:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  They can teach you how to dress all geeky.
That's a plus. Thumbsup

Pffffffft! Tongue

We can do that too! Tongue
[+] 4 users Like Peebothuhul's post
15-07-2016, 01:40 PM
(15-07-2016 01:38 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(15-07-2016 01:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  They can teach you how to dress all geeky.
That's a plus. Thumbsup

Pffffffft! Tongue

We can do that too! Tongue

But do we have the magic undies ?
I wonder ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
15-07-2016, 01:41 PM
*Checks self. ...*

Blush
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
15-07-2016, 02:03 PM
(15-07-2016 12:52 PM)Tyler777 Wrote:  This is my very first time posting article and I'm not a native English speaker so SORRY IF I'VE DONE ANYTHING WRONG!

So the thing is that I went to a LDS church recently for it's free English courses on Wednesday, well, not that "free" actually cause it's like students there get preached after the English class. Missionaries there were really nice and I love spending time with them, so I promised them to go to church on Sunday. It was really a lot of fun at first but I started to feel like that I didn't get it whenever there's people on stage sharing their testimonies(those are just too unreal to me), I don't understand why people there credit every good things they've done to God, most of all, something in my brain tells me that the elders are treating me nice just to convert me.
I got more and more guilty whenever I was in the church cause people there cared me a lot yet I know that I'll never get baptized and be a Mormon--- they're doing an investment that will never profit( by the way I was the only one in the church who hadn't get baptized).
Last Wednesday I did something actually stupid which made me make up my mind to leave the church. One of the elder I was close to had completed his missionary service and was leaving so I prepared him a goodbye gift--- a Book of Mormon he gave me before. I thought it was fine but then I figured it out latter that it might be rude to do this, therefore I left the church with shame.
Recently I start to miss the time in church and I intend to go back but I know that the same thing could happen again, so what do I do? Can someone help me with that please?

Seriously, everyone needs a community of friends.
If you found one there, and you're comfortable there, there's probably nothing wrong with it. But you already know, basically you probably don't really share their crazy beliefs. So beware how much you invest in that group, and maybe be looking around for a group that provides what they do, without the nutty part. It will serve you better in the long run.

BTW, why should you "leave in shame" ? You did nothing wrong. In fact you were motivated by a generous impulse. That's a good thing.

[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
15-07-2016, 02:49 PM
You have to be careful with religions, especially christianity. First they brainwash you into thinking that you're a sinner and shameful, then they tell you the only solution is to believe that some guy was sacrificed on a piece of wood 2000 years ago. It's all a bunch of nonsense.

You're not a sinner, you're not shameful, you are a human being just like everyone else on this planet and you probably have faults like the rest of us too. Don't let anyone convince you that you're a horrible, dirty, bad person just so they can sell you down the river of religion. They'll want your money too.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post