Should I go back to LDS church again?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2016, 02:58 PM
RE: Should I go back to LDS church again?
No, you shouldn't. Find somewhere safer and saner. The LDS church is loony.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
15-07-2016, 04:00 PM
To be a christian you need to fairly stupid. To be a mormon you need to be incredibly stupid.

Avoid the fuckers like the plague.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
15-07-2016, 04:04 PM
The two above posts echo my feelings on the matter. There should be other choices in your area. Secular choices.

And we can help if needed.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
16-07-2016, 05:31 AM
(15-07-2016 01:05 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Welcome to TTA Smile

I don't think it's a good idea to go back to the church. Churches groom and brainwash people. If you are looking for somewhere to belong why not join a group that shares some of your interests--a group that lets you be yourself and does not try to mind control you. You are very young--do not get sucked up into this church brainwashing. You have your whole life to live the way you want--if however, you go the church route these nice "well-meaning" religious folk will try and tell you how to live your life, who to marry, how to act, what to do, think, feel, believe.

Thanks Jennybee! You're so right! Every time when I tried to talk something different they just changed the subject back to church, eternal marriage, tithing, etc. I know the feeling of wanna sharing something you like to others, but it totally went to far!
I guess I've already found the group--- Here!!!
[+] 4 users Like Tyler777's post
16-07-2016, 05:43 AM
If your goal is to be happy and hanging out with Mormons makes you happy, then you should hang out with Mormons.

Be honest with them. Tell them you like Church, you like Mormon people, but you don't believe Mormonism to be true so you're not going to get baptized. They won't be shocked, lots of people have already told them they don't believe in Mormonism. If they reject you, find another group that will accept you.

Regarding tithing, if the church is providing value to you, then you should try to support it within your means.
20-07-2016, 01:02 PM
If you don't plan on becoming "one of them" don't go back. After they figure you aren't going to convert they will lose interest in you. They like to keep to themselves.
[+] 2 users Like OceanTherapist's post
20-07-2016, 06:29 PM
(16-07-2016 05:43 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Regarding tithing, if the church is providing value to you, then you should try to support it within your means.

Better yet. Pay a professional.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
20-07-2016, 06:34 PM
Have they offered you a set of magic underwear as yet? I'd hang around long enough to get mine!
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
20-07-2016, 06:36 PM
(20-07-2016 06:34 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  Have they offered you a set of magic underwear as yet? I'd hang around long enough to get mine!

Will they pick up the cleaning bill?

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
22-07-2016, 08:16 AM
(15-07-2016 12:52 PM)Tyler777 Wrote:  Recently I start to miss the time in church and I intend to go back but I know that the same thing could happen again, so what do I do? Can someone help me with that please?

It's normal to need community, but there are groups that are not church-related where you can find community. I go to Unitarian Universalist "church" and am a member of a local humanist group. They are out there.