Should I try skydiving?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2015, 08:06 PM
RE: Should I try skydiving?
(07-03-2015 06:31 PM)smileXsmileXsmile Wrote:  It's so much fun. Go for it. Zero gravity. It's wild! I can't wait to go again

Wait, is it zero gravity, or 100% gravity? Consider

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2015, 08:18 PM
(07-03-2015 08:06 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(07-03-2015 06:31 PM)smileXsmileXsmile Wrote:  It's so much fun. Go for it. Zero gravity. It's wild! I can't wait to go again

Wait, is it zero gravity, or 100% gravity? Consider

50% gravity, 50% air resistance
after you reach terminal velocity, of course.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
07-03-2015, 10:05 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2015 10:17 PM by smileXsmileXsmile.)
Should I try skydiving?
Idk about 50/50 that doesn't sound right. You mean u only go half the speed of true terminal velocity with wind resistance accounted for? I wonder the actual ratio. Okay okay ALMOST weightlessness/zero gravity. Still badass weighing next to nothing Wink

100% gravity would be standing on earth normally. 0% gravity is free fall at terminal velocity

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
07-03-2015, 10:21 PM
Don't look down.

[Image: 2049.jpg]

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 3 users Like Minimalist's post
07-03-2015, 10:32 PM
Didnt bother reading the thread.

Because the thread doesn't matter.

Yes. Skydive. Holy shit, if you never read another word I type, read these ones.....

Go. Fucking. Skydiving.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
07-03-2015, 10:44 PM
I've never done it, but I plan to do a tandem in the next few years and then if I'm not scarred for life get a license to do it solo. So yeah, definitely go do it.

(30-03-2015 08:47 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  IT'S THE HOLY GHOST oooOOOOOOOOOOooooooo
07-03-2015, 10:47 PM
(06-03-2015 06:40 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  What do ya think? Should I go through with it? Or pussy out?
Would any of you do it if you had the money?
My very first plane flight was for a sky jump.

It was a great experience.
07-03-2015, 10:51 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2015 10:59 PM by cactus.)
(07-03-2015 10:05 PM)smileXsmileXsmile Wrote:  Idk about 50/50 that doesn't sound right. You mean u only go half the speed of true terminal velocity with wind resistance accounted for? I wonder the actual ratio. Okay okay ALMOST weightlessness/zero gravity. Still badass weighing next to nothing Wink

100% gravity would be standing on earth normally. 0% gravity is free fall at terminal velocity

I'm referring to the absolute values (just the magnitudes) of the forces acting on your body, not the net force, which is zero at terminal velocity Wink

Also, technically I'm experiencing 100% of the force of gravity from Mars right now, however small it may be at my current distance. I guess that makes me a Martian. Cool 8)

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
08-03-2015, 06:49 AM
(07-03-2015 10:05 PM)smileXsmileXsmile Wrote:  Idk about 50/50 that doesn't sound right. You mean u only go half the speed of true terminal velocity with wind resistance accounted for? I wonder the actual ratio. Okay okay ALMOST weightlessness/zero gravity. Still badass weighing next to nothing Wink

Terminal velocity is the speed limited by air resistance. Without air, the maximun velocity is only limited by hitting the ground.Big Grin

Wikipedia Wrote:Terminal velocity is the highest velocity attainable by an object in free fall. It occurs once the sum of the drag force (Fd) and buoyancy equals the downward force of gravity (FG) acting on the object. Since the net force on the object is zero, the object has zero acceleration.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-03-2015, 10:16 AM
The only way I jump out of a plane is if the damn thing is on fire.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post