Should I try skydiving?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2015, 12:03 PM
RE: Should I try skydiving?
You do what makes you feel good.

As for me, hell no. I wouldn't pay someone to jump out of an airplane. I wouldn't jump out of an airplane if someone paid me. If the plane were going down I still might not have to balls to jump out.

The very idea of it is nauseating.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
08-03-2015, 01:54 PM
WHEN I go through with this! I am gonna pay the extra hundred bucks to have it video taped so I can share it with you all!

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 6 users Like Shadow Fox's post
08-03-2015, 03:07 PM
I did low level combat jumps while serving in the US Army 82nd Airborne Division. The highest we jumped from (if I remember correctly) was around 800 ft. You've only got a minute or so before you hit the ground--the idea is to not be a floating target in the sky. It was still a huge rush despite the low altitude. I highly recommend it. I would love to do proper sky diving some day.

(08-03-2015 12:03 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  I wouldn't jump out of an airplane if someone paid me.

Oddly enough, I joined the 82nd because I got extra money on my paychecks.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like ghostexorcist's post
08-03-2015, 03:37 PM
(08-03-2015 12:03 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  You do what makes you feel good.

As for me, hell no. I wouldn't pay someone to jump out of an airplane. I wouldn't jump out of an airplane if someone paid me. If the plane were going down I still might not have to balls to jump out.

The very idea of it is nauseating.
You sir, are obviously a man of vast intellect.....

Cool

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
18-03-2015, 07:48 PM
A few years ago I was in Playa del Carmen, Mexico and there was a skydiving outfit. I had always said I'd never jump out of a perfectly good airplane, but presented with the opportunity I knew that if I didn't do it I'd regret it for the rest of my life. A tandem skydive with a professional is safer than driving to the airport. But it's scary as hell.

All the way up in the plane, I kept thinking to myself, "This is really, really, stupid!" I was scared shitless. But once we were out of the plane, all the fear was gone. It was amazing! Supposedly we had 45 seconds of free-fall. It felt like a couple of minutes. The flight on the parachute lasted probably 5 or 10 minutes, it seemed like. I never looked at my watch.

In order to land at the exact point he had planned (right in the middle of the beach, even with where their van was parked) and into the wind (just like an airplane) he had to maneuver, which meant swooping around and about. He landed exactly where he planned, and the landing was as soft as can be. But in that half minute of swooping, I got so airsick that I had to sit down. I get VERY motion-sick, very easily. I get motion-sick on porch swings and rocking chairs.

But it was entirely worth it. Really exciting.

Absolutely, if you can afford it, do it!!! Don't let irrational fear rule your life. There is a big difference between scary and dangerous. The difference is rationality. Done properly, and without the fancy tricks that hotdoggers sometimes do, skydiving is safer than driving on the freeway. But be sure to go to the bathroom before you get on the plane. Big Grin
[+] 5 users Like daniel1948's post