Should Infantile Baptism be Illegal?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2012, 09:03 AM
RE: Should Infantile Baptism be Illegal?
There isn't defection any longer, but there is still excommunication.

Come up with a legal and safe way to seriously offend the church. Evil_monster
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2012, 09:05 AM
got baptized as a baby, went to catholic school, made me believe in a race of aliens who, while not being gods, were godlike. hmmm....

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
09-09-2012, 09:06 AM
PPP,

I agree that the catholic church should offer a means for you to remove yourself from their roles. That they don't is just another indication of how hollow they are as an institution.

As to your thread title, and whether infantile baptism should be illegal, I can't go along with that one as I am an advocate of strong parental rights. However if you want to find more support for your idea you might check out some of Richard Dawkins' stuff related to childhood religious indoctrination as a form of child abuse. See this video as an example:

09-09-2012, 09:56 AM
(09-09-2012 12:44 AM)Atheist Chiefs fan! Wrote:  No it shouldn't be illegal.

There should be separation of church and state.

Besides. It's just a ritual. So who gives a shit. It doesn't change anything.

It's more than a ritual. They use you for statistics and for their own personal gain.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
09-09-2012, 11:50 PM
I think that as long as they're just counting you as one of their members but not trying to bring you back to them or otherwise pestering you with their religious nonsense, it's not too bad. What they think ultimately doesn't make any difference in the greater scheme of things. But, if they're using it for some worse practice, that's not good. Are you only being counted as an active member, or are they using your count for something else?
10-09-2012, 03:21 AM
(08-09-2012 09:17 PM)Diablo666 Wrote:  Don't they just throw some water on your head or something? Consider yourself lucky! I had my penis mutilated, and now its only 6 inches long.

It is not the size of the boat, but the motion of the ocean. I actually believe that shorter can be better if used right.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
10-09-2012, 04:24 AM
If you do a cross country baptism marathon between catholic churches could they all count you as their lifetime member?

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
10-09-2012, 01:55 PM
Illegal, no silly. As long as they aren't holding the baby underwater until it is brain damaged. Why do you care what the Catholic Church says. What gives them the power to define you? None, unless you give them that power. If I called you a black female Canadian with a mental disorder what would you do? How would you react. Would you try to make is illegal for people to call you that or would you just ignore it because I had absolutely no impact on you whatsoever. Who gives a damn?

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
10-09-2012, 03:52 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2012 03:58 PM by Janus.)
Since the church obtained/created those records of you when you were baptized as an infant, underage, and did not consent, they are guilty of willfully maintaining false records on private citizens. Surely the ACLU can do something with that?
There is nothing even remotely legal about those records.
10-09-2012, 04:07 PM
(10-09-2012 01:55 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Illegal, no silly. As long as they aren't holding the baby underwater until it is brain damaged. Why do you care what the Catholic Church says. What gives them the power to define you? None, unless you give them that power. If I called you a black female Canadian with a mental disorder what would you do? How would you react. Would you try to make is illegal for people to call you that or would you just ignore it because I had absolutely no impact on you whatsoever. Who gives a damn?

That's like expecting a child not to be influenced by their parents.
"No Timmy, don't listen to the institution that has governed over you since birth."

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]