Poll: Should Sanders keep up the good fight?
Yes (keep it up!)
No (It's over, bud.)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Should Sanders back out?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2016, 11:05 AM
RE: Should Sanders back out?
(10-06-2016 07:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  The allegation is worthless [...]
That's an opinion, not a fact. Why do you think it's worthless?

(10-06-2016 07:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  [...] and mentioning it is a disingenuous rhetorical tactic.
All I did was answer a question that morondog posed to me, there's nothing disingenuous about that.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2016, 11:36 AM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2016 11:40 AM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(10-06-2016 09:42 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  But a third party vote is a wasted vote if that person doesn't win.

The resurgence of a viable third party has done nothing but cause whichever major party is closest to it's platform to lose the election. So if you're a liberal, voting for a true third party progressive would do nothing but cost the Democrats votes they'd otherwise count on and give the election over to the Republicans; something both Democratic and liberally minded independent voters would both hate more than just their preferred candidate losing to another liberal. So you play it smart, you vote for the candidate most likely to actually stand up to the candidate you fear the most getting into office. Repeat ad nauseum. It's not stupid, it's the smartest thing you can do given the system in place; it's just that this system will always favor diametrically opposed two parties, and so that's what we get.

... and this is why things will not change.
10-06-2016, 11:45 AM
(10-06-2016 11:05 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 07:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  The allegation is worthless [...]
That's an opinion, not a fact. Why do you think it's worthless?

It is baseless, therefore worthless.

Quote:
(10-06-2016 07:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  [...] and mentioning it is a disingenuous rhetorical tactic.
All I did was answer a question that morondog posed to me, there's nothing disingenuous about that.

It is baseless. Repeating it is to attempt to give it credibility it does not deserve.
And you know that.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-06-2016, 11:48 AM
(10-06-2016 11:36 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 09:42 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  But a third party vote is a wasted vote if that person doesn't win.

The resurgence of a viable third party has done nothing but cause whichever major party is closest to it's platform to lose the election. So if you're a liberal, voting for a true third party progressive would do nothing but cost the Democrats votes they'd otherwise count on and give the election over to the Republicans; something both Democratic and liberally minded independent voters would both hate more than just their preferred candidate losing to another liberal. So you play it smart, you vote for the candidate most likely to actually stand up to the candidate you fear the most getting into office. Repeat ad nauseum. It's not stupid, it's the smartest thing you can do given the system in place; it's just that this system will always favor diametrically opposed two parties, and so that's what we get.

... and this is why things will not change.
This plus the partisan line voting and vitriol ensures enduring mediocrity in government.
"Congress, where good ideas go to die"
14-06-2016, 11:08 AM
Quote:Should Sanders back out?
Yes (keep it up!)
No (It's over, bud.)

Wait... what?
14-06-2016, 11:10 AM
(14-06-2016 11:08 AM)jojorumbles Wrote:  
Quote:Should Sanders back out?
Yes (keep it up!)
No (It's over, bud.)

Wait... what?

After the poll was posted the OP realized the wording was wrong.

Drinking Beverage

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces