Poll: Should Sanders keep up the good fight?
Yes (keep it up!)
No (It's over, bud.)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Should Sanders back out?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2016, 09:51 PM
RE: Should Sanders back out?
(08-06-2016 01:46 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Should he back out?

Sanders says he will keep fighting on, but Clinton has 2191 non-super delegates and the overwhelming majority of the supers.
What does Sanders gain by staying in? Does he still have a shot? Is he "hurting the party" as they say?

I guess he must be waiting to see if a Clinton indictment removes her from being a candidate? Aside from that I just don't understand why he is still in it.

What do you think?

You don't understand? So, presumably you've not heard or read any of his speeches.

Inherent in your question is an assumption of identity politics... "What does Sanders gain...?"

It's not about the label known as "Sanders" and never was. It's about shifting the power balance.

The US has a far right <--> right fulcrum. The longer he stays visible and vocal, the longer there is a platform for centre-left views. Or 'moderate' views as most of Europe and Scandinavia, Canada, Australia / New Zealand would describe them.

Also, he's sending a message to the rest of the world that not all Murikans are happy with institutionalised corruption and their decline into Kleptocratic-Feudalism or supportive of Imperialism.

That's a message of hope. Because quite honestly, we'd kinda given up on you guys. We'd love to able to say "Welcome to 21st century politics" but right now we can't even say "Welcome to 20th century politics".

Losing patience here.

signed
Rest Of The World.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post
08-06-2016, 09:58 PM
should he stay in the race ?.......yes, yes he should

the lesser of two evils is still EVIL so don't vote for hillary
09-06-2016, 10:08 AM
Clinton should step aside in favor of Sanders. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
09-06-2016, 10:17 AM
It's all over but the crying.

The thought of Hillary getting indicted is absurd. If arrogance and ignorance were felonious, DC would be a ghost town. No matter what you think he's doing, what he's actually doing is dividing the Democratic party.

It's a close call ideologically speaking, but the message has been sent. Going from 0 to 22 ain't enough, obviously.

living word
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
09-06-2016, 10:20 AM
I don't think it makes total sense for the entire goals, as dlj summed up well. It's been a message not just about the race, just no reason to not at least have it go and have a final statement or something occur at the convention still.

I'm amazed though there was a mass of backlash at least in 1 area I saw at Elizabeth Warren because she had a press statement to endorsed Hilary now. I guess that's not where people stand but I would be more akin to that the ticket if it was Clinton/Warren and have Warren as a VP dedicated to heading up some actual task forces bend on dealing with corporate/wallstreet influence in the politic field and removing the power... but I guess people somehow think her if asked, agreeing to be VP is "giving In" somehow.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
09-06-2016, 10:21 AM
(09-06-2016 10:08 AM)Chas Wrote:  Clinton should step aside in favor of Sanders. Drinking Beverage

Honestly sure, in a perfect world I'd agree.

But Sanders, short of Clinton being dragged off in the middle of a rally in handcuffs, is just not going to win.

He doesn't have the deligates, nor super delegates (which the whole concept of 'super delegate' really pisses me off anyway).

I'm just going to sit back and see what all the more rabid Sanders supporters do after the convention. The stuff they've been posting about Clinton...

Popcorn

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

09-06-2016, 10:25 AM
Should Sanders back out?
(09-06-2016 10:08 AM)Chas Wrote:  Clinton should step aside in favor of Sanders. Drinking Beverage

I agree. Actually I expect he is hoping she will step aside right into prison.
09-06-2016, 10:28 AM
(09-06-2016 10:20 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I don't think it makes total sense for the entire goals, as dlj summed up well.

Fuck DLJ. Ain't listening to no God Dammed Foreigner in mai American politics! Laugh out load

(kidding of course - you know, devil on shoulder thingy? It got away from me.)

(09-06-2016 10:25 AM)KUSA Wrote:  I agree. Actually I expect he is hoping she will step aside right into prison.

Another idiot heard from. Dodgy

living word
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
09-06-2016, 10:45 AM
I dunno.... Just once -- I'd like to see both major political party candidates arrested and jailed just before an election...

Charges???

We don't need no stinkin' charges.....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
09-06-2016, 11:38 AM
(08-06-2016 03:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I actually think he's got enough potential to upset the apple cart on both sides of the aisle.

I highly doubt that. If he couldn't get the nomination against one candidate with a well-performing primary campaign, I don't see him winning against two candidates with a probably worse-organized campaign. That, and most of the votes coming to him would only be coming from one of his two competitors.

Yeah, he's got a lot of die-hard supporters, and a lot of people hate both Clinton and Trump, but he's basically got the stench of defeat on him. That, and a lot of Bernie supporters don't recognize just how popular Clinton is with a substantial chunk of the Democratic base. There are a lot of people who do genuinely like her and aren't just voting #NeverTrump.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post