Poll: Should Sanders keep up the good fight?
Yes (keep it up!)
No (It's over, bud.)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Should Sanders back out?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2016, 04:11 PM
RE: Should Sanders back out?
I think I chose the wrong option in the poll.
But generally, I would say he should stay in.
No matter what the media says, no matter what Clinton and her dicks say.
Why?
Because they want him out. By leaving, they get what they want. And then everybody will be like "oh we knew from the beginning ...." they'd rip him apart even more than they already do.
By staying, he shows a fight and in the next election he can start over and people will already know how strong he is.
The American people need someone like him to show that fighting for something good is worth the effort.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2016, 06:27 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2016 06:57 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
Bernie's too old to angle for the next election. At this point, he is staying in in order to garner enough delegates to influence the platform -- reasonable enough.

The fact that he may and has exposed uncomfortable facts in Hilary's background is not necessarily a bad thing. American football has a preseason for exactly this reason: to expose weaknesses in the overarching scheme and address them before it counts.

Trump has never faced a team of Hilary's caliber. Clinton's team has already done their research, and the fact that Trump is sailing in uncontested waters right now is not to his benefit. Clinton's team already has the goods on him, he has a few months of running his mouth in case Clinton's team runs short on ammo, and Trump's team gets little practical knowledge of and experience in how to deflect a major offensive.

I'm no fan of Clinton's, and before this campaign would never have considered voting for her. But her operatives are steering her straight: charge into the opponent's strength, answer the points, and use the primaries to work out in preparation for the Big Show. Trump's advisors, on the other hand, seem to be happy they have a break. They'd better be hitting the weight-room. No one in the Republican primaries hit as hard as Clinton will. No one.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
09-06-2016, 06:34 PM
(09-06-2016 06:27 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Bernie's too old to angle for the next election. At this point, he is staying in in order to garner enough delegates to influence the platform -- reasonable enough.

The fact that he may and has exposed uncomfortable facts in Hilary's background is not necessarily a bad thing. American football has a preseason for exactly this reason: to expose weaknesses in the overarching scheme and address them before it counts.

Trump has never faced a team of Hilary's caliber. Clinton's team has already done their research, and the fact that Trump is sailing in uncontested waters right now is not to his benefit. Clinton's tean already has the goods on him, he has a few months of running his mouth in case Clinton's team runs short on ammo, and Trump's team gets little practical knowledge of and experience in how to deflect a major offensive.

I'm no fan of Clinton's, and before this campaign would never have considered voting for her. But her operatives are steering her straight: charge into the opponent's strength, answer the points, and use the primaries to work out in preparation for the Big Show. Trump's advisors, on the other hand, seem to be happy they have a break. They'd better be hitting the weight-room. No one in the Republican primaries hit as hard as Clinton will. No one.

Hillary needs to bring him on board in some capacity and I am sure that is being discussed.

Actually, as I am typing this, Sanders is on the news saying that he and Hillary will work together against Trump.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
09-06-2016, 06:52 PM
(09-06-2016 06:27 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Trump has never faced a team of Hilary's caliber. Clinton's team has already done their research, and the fact that Trump is sailing in uncontested waters right now is not to his benefit. Clinton's tean already has the goods on him, he has a few months of running his mouth in case Clinton's team runs short on ammo, and Trump's teamgets little practical knowledge of how to deflect a major offensive.

I'm no fan of Clinton's, and before this campaign would never have considered voting for her. But her operatives are steering her straight: charge into the opponent's strength, answer the points, and use the primaries to work out in preparation for the Big Show. Trump's adviser's, on the other hand, seem to be happy they have a break. They'd better be hitting the weight-room. No one in the Republican primaries hit as hard as Clinton will. No one.

I just saw Warren eviscerate Trump. The Trump team has no idea of the caliber of the hard hitters in the lineup they face. It's not really fair. But the Republican establishment sure as shit does. They've lost to a weaker lineup twice in a row with stronger candidates and they know they have no hard hitters in the lineup willing to hit back. His lead off hitter appears to be some woman who basically claimed Michael Reagan has no better insight into his own father' character than her or anybody else. And apparently his clean up hitter is Ted Nugent. David Duke could bat either second or eighth. Same with Kim Jong-un and Putin. Wait, I think those might be reserves on Clinton's team. I might start a thread on Trump v. Clinton lineups.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-06-2016, 07:00 PM
(09-06-2016 06:34 PM)Dom Wrote:  Hillary needs to bring him on board in some capacity and I am sure that is being discussed.

Actually, as I am typing this, Sanders is on the news saying that he and Hillary will work together against Trump.

I've been listening to the news much of the day, and Sanders is coming across as if he has accepted the inevitable,will still make a stand (hence my comment about influencing the platform), but -- and this is something anyone who follows politics could see -- you always knew he'd pick up arms against a cuntmuffin like Trump.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
09-06-2016, 08:01 PM
(09-06-2016 06:27 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Bernie's too old to angle for the next election. [...]

Actually, Sanders is too old for this election. Older in fact than Reagan was at a similar period in his career. Which means the guy could be POTUS at age 83 years!

Do Americans really want another senile geriatric like Sanders with his finger on the button.....

[Image: BERNIE-SANDERS.jpg]

Sadcryface

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
09-06-2016, 08:14 PM
(09-06-2016 08:01 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Actually, Sanders is too old for this election. Older in fact than Reagan was at a similar period in his career. Which means the guy could be POTUS at age 83 years!

Do Americans really want another senile geriatric like Sanders with his finger on the button.....

[vid deleted -- Thump]

Sadcryface

He doesn't seem so senile to me. Your mileage seems to vary.
09-06-2016, 08:34 PM
He is smart as a whip and definitely not senile.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
09-06-2016, 08:57 PM
Uh... am I confusing this Sanders bloke?

[Image: SandersChickenvotes.jpg]

Big Grin

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
09-06-2016, 10:06 PM
Sander supporting hillary would be the most disgusting thing in my eyes.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube