Should Trump value economic stability ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2016, 10:18 PM
RE: Should Trump value economic stability ?
(07-07-2016 07:14 PM)Vosur Wrote:  We know from his own statements that his wife and kids keep telling him to act more presidential.

This single statement is possibly the best indication that Donald Trump should never be allowed within shrieking distance of the Whitehouse.

If a candidate must act presidential it is because he is not presidential. Image without substance is a disastrous trait in a head of state.

If a candidate must be told to act presidential it is because they are unaware of their own short-comings. Compounding incompetence with imbecility is hardly a trait you look for on a president's resume.

If, having been told to act more presidential, the candidate is either unable or unwilling to do so then they are demonstrating such profound failure as should disqualify them from holding public office of any sort. I would not trust such an individual as a dog catcher.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Paleophyte's post
07-07-2016, 11:06 PM
(07-07-2016 10:18 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Compounding incompetence with imbecility is hardly a trait you look for on a president's resume.

But then every politician ever would be disqualified from office Dodgy Well OK, not quite every. But 99.9999%

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
08-07-2016, 12:17 AM
(07-07-2016 11:06 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(07-07-2016 10:18 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Compounding incompetence with imbecility is hardly a trait you look for on a president's resume.

But then every politician ever would be disqualified from office Dodgy Well OK, not quite every. But 99.9999%
Damn, you beat me to it. Tongue

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
08-07-2016, 04:08 PM
(07-07-2016 11:06 PM)morondog Wrote:  

I'm not seeing the problem.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
08-07-2016, 04:56 PM
I don't think much of anything is gonna happen when he's president.
The Republicans and Democrats are gonna block his stupid shit in the house and senate. I don't know how much news you watch but whenever I see world news it's always Kerry doing the foreign affairs thing, never Obama. I think the EU and US and whoever else are gonna be still perfectly happy dealing with Kerry or whoever replaces Kerry.

And if they don't they wont which comes back to nothing much of anything happening.

[Image: oscar.png]
08-07-2016, 05:26 PM
From what I read, he profits off economic instability.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-07-2016, 07:40 PM
(07-07-2016 12:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  Or would he continue to be a giant dickhead, piss off the rest of the world, and send the U.S. into recession with his nutbag ideas? Consider

Any President or leader of a nation state “should” value economic stability, because economic instability tends to end in recession. However, you are correct to fear dickhead, pissing off the rest of humanity, and ending in recession. Just ask W. Bush.

Economic stability means economic growth, something all leaders of any group strive to achieve. Bill Clinton achieved it in his Presidential term. Trump may be a micro-economics genius, but he is a macro-economic moron. One can only hope that he listens to his hopefully competent economists. Personally, I would go with Clinton, a Rhodes (Macro-Economics) Scholar.
[+] 1 user Likes oneofshibumi's post