Should US continue to support Crucifixion?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-10-2015, 08:30 AM
Should US continue to support Crucifixion?
Should the USA continue to support regimes which impose punishments involving crucifixion as in this article:

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/09/23/middle...index.html
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-10-2015, 08:51 AM
RE: Should US continue to support Crucifixion?
(17-10-2015 08:30 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Should the USA continue to support regimes which impose punishments involving crucifixion as in this article:

Why focused on what the USA should do? Should the majority or any UN Console member really support regimes imposing punishments they collectively disprove of.

Though should 1 issue of any issue involve a good enough reason to shift stances. Would not a combination of various types of behavior and rulings be what is used to judge more effectively?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
17-10-2015, 02:04 PM
I would think USA, just like any other country, takes actions to improve their own country's economy and security.

Any interference in the affairs of other countries, amounts to an aggressive act. An attempt to push Western ways and values onto people who don't like the west, results in improved recruitment for terrorist agencies seeking to oppose the West.
17-10-2015, 02:12 PM
(17-10-2015 08:30 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Should the USA continue to support regimes which impose punishments involving crucifixion as in this article:

How is post-mortem crucifixion a problem? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-10-2015, 02:49 PM
(17-10-2015 02:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  

It attracts pigeons.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 8 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
18-10-2015, 02:08 AM
(17-10-2015 02:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Gee, I dunno Chas, maybe it's ok. Why don't you suggest doing it in public to your mayor there in Moose Jaw? See how it would go down there.
18-10-2015, 02:41 AM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2015 03:38 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(18-10-2015 02:08 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(17-10-2015 02:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  How is post-mortem crucifixion a problem? Consider

Gee, I dunno Chas, maybe it's ok. Why don't you suggest doing it in public to your mayor there in Moose Jaw? See how it would go down there.

The person is already dead, hanging the body out after the fact doesn't do him any more harm or suffering; he's already dead, unless you missed the part where he gets decapitated beforehand.

Plus the US still operates Guantanamo Bay, starts unwarranted wars of aggression, and performs extra-legal assassinations of our own citizens with drone strikes that violate the sovereign airspace of other nations. Oh, and we also allow the death penalty, and given the random cocktails they've been inventing recently for lethal injections, we probably cause a hell of a lot more suffering to the accused before they're killed under our watch.

Not saying it's good or that I find it agreeable, just noting that the US doesn't have the moral high-ground to condemn this barbaric shit; and it hasn't had it for a long time.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
18-10-2015, 03:00 AM

America is in no position to moralise to the world. They have instituted state murder as a policy.

I mean WTF??

And their health care system is the joke of the civilised 1st world. Getting ill there is as bad or even worse than their instituted State murder.

Add to that all the civilians murdered by the police. The best thing about America is the music. And even that is derived from slavery!

America? No thanks!

No disrespect to my American friends. Of whom I have many.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
18-10-2015, 03:20 AM
As an American, my greatest shame is not that the United States does these things, but that most of us refuse to acknowledge the above are even an issue, let alone a national shame in the eyes of the entire rest of the globe.

Before I read the whole thread, and saw that others had already made such comments, my first thought to the OP was exactly that, "On what basis would the USA, who gives life sentences for drugs while peddling state-approved, highly-lethal opiates manufactured by drug companies faster than we hand out candy on Halloween, and who have a Prison-Industrial Complex so massive that its myriad human rights abuses cannot even be fully cataloged, not to mention what we do to our poor and otherwise disenfranchised every day, possibly presume to make a moral judgment about the behavior of another country?"

Not that this has ever stopped us. We're quick to point out any regime that does worse than we do (e.g. North Korea), while ignoring that Human Rights Watch (along with other, similar watchdog groups) has tagged us for dozens of offenses to which the rest of the first world nations are not party.

https://www.hrw.org/united-states/criminal-justice

https://www.hrw.org/united-states

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 5 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
18-10-2015, 03:22 AM
(18-10-2015 02:41 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(18-10-2015 02:08 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Gee, I dunno Chas, maybe it's ok. Why don't you suggest doing it in public to your mayor there in Moose Jaw? See how it would go down there.

The person is already dead, hanging the body out after the fact doesn't do him any more harm or suffering; he's already dead, unless you missed the part where he gets decapitated beforehand.

Plus the US still operates Guantanamo Bay, starts unwarranted wars of aggression, and performs extra-legal assassinations of our own citizens with drone strikes that violate the sovereign airspace of other nations. Oh, and we also allow the death penalty, and given the random cocktails they've been inventing recently for lethal injections, we probably cause a a hell of a lot more suffering to the accused before they're killed under our watch.

Not saying it's good or that I find it agreeable, just noting that the US doesn't have the moral high-ground to condemn this barbaric shit; and it hasn't had it for a long time.

I can't argue with that.

But here we are on an forum set up because Christianity is such a powerful religion in the US and a major ally is Saudi Arabia. I posted a report by Seymour Hersh which suggests Saudis were supporting Osama Bin Laden when he was in Abbottabad, Pakistan. Here we have them engaging in this sort of stuff. I don't agree with capital punishment at all. What brought an end to public displays of dead bodies was that the public found it revolting and disgusting. It goes to show how barbaric and backward these people are, and we get politicians from all countries cozying up to the Saudi's. We try to stop ISIL and end up in a quagmire of self hate and blame. The Saudi's decide to launch an invasion of Yemen and indiscriminately bomb civilians when the Houthi's are the majority and don't go around beheading anyone. What do we in the west do? Sit back and watch and say "hmmm, yeah, oh, that's ok, damned Yimonies er whoever them guys are". I mean, seriously, what a joke.

I, unfortunately, have a bit of inside knowledge that one of the countries participating in this debacle in Syria has as the head of defense contracting, ie., buying weaponry for the troops, a war profiteer who has a huge house at the end of my road along with a business he runs here, while taking a government salary, as does his wife, and that they have a million or so bucks stashed away which they got from bribes working in the Middle East and Washington from defense contractors.

The true face of our industrial/military complex.
[+] 3 users Like Deltabravo's post