Should US continue to support Crucifixion?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2015, 03:25 AM
RE: Should US continue to support Crucifixion?
Saudi Arabia shouldn't be carrying out such barbaric punishments. US should definitely condemn this action, if possible apply pressure to ensure that it doesn't happen. Supporting the regime or not is dependent on lots more factors though - one boy's life against regional and international politics. It sounds cruel and it is cruel, but there is definitely more to it than "Saudi regime evil, must not support". Without the Saudis there, there would be others, and as long as they're producing oil, strategic interests are at stake. If the American government withdraws support and as a result America's position in World politics takes a nose-dive, American people will definitely be angry with the government. If apply too much pressure, SA will execute him in most barbaric fashion possible just to make a statement that they won't be pushed around by international community.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
18-10-2015, 01:22 PM
(17-10-2015 08:30 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Should the USA continue to support regimes which impose punishments involving crucifixion as in this article:

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/09/23/middle...index.html

Is there an economic cost in avoiding "support" of regimes that impose crucifixion? What percentage of our GDP would we forgo to avoid supporting regimes that commit acts, or practices we fine distasteful?

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
18-10-2015, 07:19 PM
(18-10-2015 02:08 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(17-10-2015 02:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  How is post-mortem crucifixion a problem? Consider

Gee, I dunno Chas, maybe it's ok. Why don't you suggest doing it in public to your mayor there in Moose Jaw? See how it would go down there.

Quite an amusing non-answer there, bucko.

Moose Jaw? Where did you come up with that? Pulled it out of your ass?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-10-2015, 10:34 PM
(18-10-2015 02:08 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(17-10-2015 02:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  How is post-mortem crucifixion a problem? Consider

Gee, I dunno Chas, maybe it's ok. Why don't you suggest doing it in public to your mayor there in Moose Jaw? See how it would go down there.

Why wouldn't it be ok? Crucifixion in effigy is already extremely popular with Christians, why not upgrade to the real deal?

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
19-10-2015, 07:05 AM
(18-10-2015 07:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-10-2015 02:08 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Gee, I dunno Chas, maybe it's ok. Why don't you suggest doing it in public to your mayor there in Moose Jaw? See how it would go down there.

Quite an amusing non-answer there, bucko.

Moose Jaw? Where did you come up with that? Pulled it out of your ass?

He pull it out of there, nah. The Moose Jaw is actually about six feet in front of mooses's ass.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
19-10-2015, 10:06 AM
(18-10-2015 10:34 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(18-10-2015 02:08 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Gee, I dunno Chas, maybe it's ok. Why don't you suggest doing it in public to your mayor there in Moose Jaw? See how it would go down there.

Why wouldn't it be ok? Crucifixion in effigy is already extremely popular with Christians, why not upgrade to the real deal?

Yep. Why not perform a actual crucifixion as a actual method of execution ( not hanging corpses on the cross) Roman style ? Isis or Saudi Arabia " crucifixions " are about putting death bodies on crosses. They don't actually use crucifixion as a method of execution.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
19-10-2015, 03:47 PM
It's still fucking horrible and they should fuck right off with that shit. Bastards.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
19-10-2015, 03:55 PM
(19-10-2015 10:06 AM)Leo Wrote:  
(18-10-2015 10:34 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Why wouldn't it be ok? Crucifixion in effigy is already extremely popular with Christians, why not upgrade to the real deal?

Yep. Why not perform a actual crucifixion as a actual method of execution ( not hanging corpses on the cross) Roman style ? Isis or Saudi Arabia " crucifixions " are about putting death bodies on crosses. They don't actually use crucifixion as a method of execution.

It is a political statement "Fuck with us and look what happens!"

Exactly the same from the Roman method. They left bodies there to rot, eaten by birds and the legs by dogs. And crucifixion was for crimes against the state. Not theft like it says in the bible. Roman laws were very specific. Most criminals were either sold into slavery of killed by animals in the amphitheatre.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
19-10-2015, 09:43 PM
I've decided I think the world should crucify crucifixion.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
19-10-2015, 10:00 PM
(19-10-2015 09:43 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I've decided I think the world should crucify crucifixion.