Should adults be allowed view this section?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2012, 06:29 PM
RE: Should adults be allowed view this section?
(28-11-2012 06:26 PM)Leela Wrote:  1. yes it is a teen section, but we also have a music section, so we should really only let musicians in, and the health section should be only for doctors. The coffee house should be only for coffee drinkers, and I am very much for having the food section only for cooks. The teen section was created for you guys to find other teens and probably talk. if there is embarrassing stuff, pm or skype or yahoo or tinychat or whateverthehack.
2. I am 15 years old, I can post here as much as I want!
1. The teens section is set up for teens. The music section is not specifically set up for Musicians. Nor is the health section for doctors. Yes, Leela. I am going to Skype Magoo about my girlfriend problems. That doesn't seem creepy at fucking all. Also, I am going to PM all the teen members about a specific issue and deal with all the messages that come my way in terms of memory. That's just not user friendly or even efficient.

2. Form of ID, please. I have mine, what about you?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2012, 06:34 PM
It seems like you adults just can't keep out. If you would just leave it alone, and not post, we wouldn't be so supportive of privacy.

28-11-2012, 06:41 PM
(28-11-2012 06:34 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  It seems like you adults just can't keep out. If you would just leave it alone, and not post, we wouldn't be so supportive of privacy.

Us not posting would solve nothing for you. Even if we don't post you have no proper way of knowing who's reading the posts. Surely if a matter is that private you wouldn't post it somewhere you know we can all look, even if we aren't posting. Besides, I really don't see how there can be such a huge number of issues that are private but can be shared online with people aged 13-19 only and not anyone older.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
28-11-2012, 06:43 PM
(28-11-2012 06:41 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(28-11-2012 06:34 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  It seems like you adults just can't keep out. If you would just leave it alone, and not post, we wouldn't be so supportive of privacy.

Us not posting would solve nothing for you. Even if we don't post you have no proper way of knowing who's reading the posts. Surely if a matter is that private you wouldn't post it somewhere you know we can all look, even if we aren't posting. Besides, I really don't see how there can be such a huge number of issues that are private but can be shared online with people aged 13-19 only and not anyone older.
Yup, but we can see who is looking.

There are some instances where teens don't LIKE adult input, and there are issues in which teenager just want other teenagers to comment and give advice.

I would tell you what problems we have, but you are not a teenager.

28-11-2012, 06:46 PM
(28-11-2012 06:24 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  1. There is no way to identify if you are who you say you are either. We go on trust.

2. We have a forum section that can't be viewed by everyone. It's called the Forum Team Matters section. This thread is aimed at teens, and it is for teens. We wouldn't need this action if you kept out of this section.

3. Proves nothing but the fact that I have been busy and dealing with life and am forgetful. If the section was not at the bottom, I think I would have remembered.

1. What i do here doesn't require proof of age, what you are suggesting does.

2. That section isn't exclusive anyone can post there. Plus its for dealing with forum related matters. there's nothing interesting posted there.

3. You aren't the only one, the section went unused for a long time. at the bottom Are you joking? its the first thing anyone sees when they go into TTOT which is by far the most used section, so its not exactly hidden.
28-11-2012, 06:48 PM
(28-11-2012 06:43 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Yup, but we can see who is looking.

There are some instances where teens don't LIKE adult input, and there are issues in which teenager just want other teenagers to comment and give advice.

You can see who's looking unless their profile is set up to stop you seeing. Your statements seem contradictory.

Besides, if you don't want adult input then you can always specify it in giant bold letters in the OP of a thread.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
28-11-2012, 06:48 PM
(28-11-2012 06:46 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(28-11-2012 06:24 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  1. There is no way to identify if you are who you say you are either. We go on trust.

2. We have a forum section that can't be viewed by everyone. It's called the Forum Team Matters section. This thread is aimed at teens, and it is for teens. We wouldn't need this action if you kept out of this section.

3. Proves nothing but the fact that I have been busy and dealing with life and am forgetful. If the section was not at the bottom, I think I would have remembered.

1. What i do here doesn't require proof of age, what you are suggesting does.

2. That section isn't exclusive anyone can post there. Plus its for dealing with forum related matters. there's nothing interesting posted there.

3. You aren't the only one, the section went unused for a long time. at the bottom Are you joking? its the first thing anyone sees when they go into TTOT which is by far the most used section, so its not exactly hidden.
1. Proof of age wasn't what I was talking about, I am talking about your pictures and your posts.

2. Anyone can post, but no one can see what's in there besides your thread. Who knows if its interesting or not, I wouldn't know.

3. I am talking about the main forum page. It is right at the bottom.

28-11-2012, 06:50 PM
(28-11-2012 06:48 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  

You can see who's looking unless their profile is set up to stop you seeing. Your statements seem contradictory.

Besides, if you don't want adult input then you can always specify it in giant bold letters in the OP of a thread.
It should have been stated CLEARLY in the description of the section. It almost was, in fact. The whole section is a big giant sign that says "ADULTS PLEASE KEEP OUT." But you don't extend the curtesy and leave us be.

28-11-2012, 06:51 PM
(28-11-2012 06:48 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  

How do they seem contradictory? There are some legit issues where I don't want your opinions. Is that such a problem to you?

28-11-2012, 06:59 PM
(28-11-2012 06:51 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  There are some legit issues where I don't want your opinions. Is that such a problem to you?
Perhaps there is a silver lining to this. Maybe you could practice what us grown ups are expected to do all the time. Disregard the opinions that are of no interest to you.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]