Should adults be allowed view this section?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2012, 07:57 PM
RE: Should adults be allowed view this section?
(29-11-2012 05:21 AM)Filox Wrote:  Joking about this seems fun, but in reality, if you want to have a place of your own, you are free to open up some free forum and invite only atheist teens from this forum. You can not demand admins and mods to deal with your wishes here. The Internet is full of free forums, so, what is stopping you?
I'll tell you exactly what's stopping me. Computer literacy, Internet know how, time, and advertising. TTA forums eliminates almost all of those issues.

We don't want a place of our own or at least I don't. I quite like it here, but it would be a lot nicer if you guys would not post, just saying Drinking Beverage .

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2012, 08:19 PM
(29-11-2012 07:57 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  We don't want a place of our own or at least I don't. I quite like it here, but it would be a lot nicer if you guys would not post, just saying Drinking Beverage .
What's the big deal anyway? The teen section is barely being used. Most of the threads have been dead since one and a half months.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
29-11-2012, 08:21 PM
(29-11-2012 08:19 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(29-11-2012 07:57 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  We don't want a place of our own or at least I don't. I quite like it here, but it would be a lot nicer if you guys would not post, just saying Drinking Beverage .
What's the big deal anyway? The teen section is barely being used. Most of the threads have been dead since one and a half months.
The big deal is that this is a section for teens, and we asked adults to stay out, they have not done so.

This section is going to get better, as it really can only go uphill from here Tongue

29-11-2012, 08:21 PM
Actually Magoo, you're special treatment is actually the opposite of what you believe it to be.

Other people have suggested new forum sections before, many times. Almost always refused outright. Twice the teens have been given their own section. This being the second time.

There usually isn't much discussion about it to be honest. It boils down to a do we need it, which is almost always no. It was also a no in the case of the teens but the mods and admin believed that it would be nice for you guys to have a place to call your own so to speak.

But I guess you could call it a discussion of sorts. As for making it private, that isn't a discussion. It's a no. For any section other than one. Period.

Sure it would be nice if the adults kept out of your section, but every so often they wander over there. It isn't a big deal. It might be a big deal were this a forum for teens only. But it isn't.

Should they be allowed to see it. Yeah sure why not? What's so special about what you guys have to say that adults shouldn't be allowed to see it?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-11-2012, 08:24 PM
(29-11-2012 08:21 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Actually Magoo, you're special treatment is actually the opposite of what you believe it to be.

Other people have suggested new forum sections before, many times. Almost always refused outright. Twice the teens have been given their own section. This being the second time.

There usually isn't much discussion about it to be honest. It boils down to a do we need it, which is almost always no. It was also a no in the case of the teens but the mods and admin believed that it would be nice for you guys to have a place to call your own so to speak.

But I guess you could call it a discussion of sorts. As for making it private, that isn't a discussion. It's a no. For any section other than one. Period.

Sure it would be nice if the adults kept out of your section, but every so often they wander over there. It isn't a big deal. It might be a big deal were this a forum for teens only. But it isn't.

Should they be allowed to see it. Yeah sure why not? What's so special about what you guys have to say that adults shouldn't be allowed to see it?
Sure, I can dig that. I know when the fight is lost, but you can't blame Magoo from trying. He didn't know that this was the case, and he thought it would be productive. Though, to be fairly honest, I can't speak for him, so I might be wrong.

I am ecstatic about just having this section, and I don't want to push anything, because I know you guys know better than I.

29-11-2012, 08:29 PM
I never blame anyone for trying. It's a lack of effort that is keeping my soiled underwear on right now.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
29-11-2012, 08:31 PM
(29-11-2012 08:29 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I never blame anyone for trying. It's a lack of effort that is keeping my soiled underwear on right now.
Well. I guess this thread is pointless?

29-11-2012, 08:32 PM
I dunno, not my forum. Just my two cents and speculative pondering. Followed by a distasteful underpants comment.

29-11-2012, 08:33 PM
(29-11-2012 08:32 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I dunno, not my forum. Just my two cents and speculative pondering. Followed by a distasteful underpants comment.
It was your forum though, when you took over as admin for a time.

I remember. Cool

30-11-2012, 04:41 AM
(29-11-2012 08:21 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Actually Magoo, you're special treatment is actually the opposite of what you believe it to be.

Fair enough.