Should chemical weapons be internationally illegal?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2013, 01:23 AM
Should chemical weapons be internationally illegal?
Israel, Syria, and North Korea are just a few of the countries that have not signed any treaty or ratified any treaty to ban the making and using of chemical weapons. So who and how should the world respond when Israel uses white phosphorus (deadly chemical weapon) or if the Syrian government is found to have used chemical weapons?

Is it ok for some to use and some not to use?

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-u-s-bri...rs/5347073
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2013, 03:37 AM
RE: Should chemical weapons be internationally illegal?
You're an idiot.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
02-09-2013, 09:07 AM
I realize I'm feeding into I&Is strange anti-Israel fetish by responding, but the point about Israel and white phospherous is a valid one. The UN and the group Human Rights Watch both found that that the IDF used white phospherous against civilian populations in Palestine in 2008-09. The Israelis claimed they used the chemical to provide screens for their souldiers but the fact is that they chose a substance that they knew would cause buildings to burn, would kill people, used it in an area with dense concentrations of civilians, and had other options but chose not to use them. It was a chemical attack and a lot of people died. Not as many as in Syria, but it was still a chemical attack where people died.

And, no one said "boo" about it in the west. It was barely a blip on the news. There was no chest beating about it in Congress, there was no 24 hour coverage in CNN, there was almost nothing. Most people don't even know that it happened. But, it most certainly did. Google "White Phospherous" and you'll find all kinds of links to reports that provide details of what happened.

And now, after 2 years of bloody civil war in Syria that has taken the lives of tens of thousdands of innocent people, mostly civilians, we are going to go to war because they found a means of killing people that we suddenly think is unacceptable.

Does that really make sense to anyone? It certainly doesn't to me.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
02-09-2013, 09:10 AM
http://www.opcw.org/

... this is my signature!
09-09-2013, 02:57 AM
In order for anything to be banned globally it would require a World Government with a strong police force to enforce its rulings. I do not want that, but even if I did I would know it isn't possible in the foreseeable future. Why did I even have to type any of this?

12-09-2013, 02:17 PM
You mean the same white phosphorus that the US used in Iraq? (Link)
12-09-2013, 08:05 PM
(12-09-2013 02:17 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  You mean the same white phosphorus that the US used in Iraq? (Link)

You just criticized the US, you will be labeled a conspiracy theorist on this forum if you keep that up.
12-09-2013, 08:57 PM
(12-09-2013 08:05 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(12-09-2013 02:17 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  You mean the same white phosphorus that the US used in Iraq? (Link)

You just criticized the US, you will be labeled a conspiracy theorist on this forum if you keep that up.

I nominate this for most retarded statement of the week.

Just more proof that I and I doesn't read what other people post outside of carefully selected topics of his choosing.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post