Should hunting be allowed during Sunday church services?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2017, 06:15 PM
Gasp

Fucking click bait, I really thought life was about to get more interesting.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/politic...source=Pew

"House Bill 559, titled “Outdoor Heritage Enhanced,” passed the House Wildlife Resources Committee Monday in a split voice vote. The bill passed the House Tuesday in a 102-17 vote and now goes to the Senate, where an identical bill has so far not received a hearing.

If it becomes law, hunters would be allowed to use firearms between 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. on Sundays – when churches are typically in session – as long as they don’t come within 500 yards of a church.”

If nothing else North Carolina has rearranged its priorities, hunting comes first, church somewhere below that. Laugh out load

Should have read:

If it becomes law, hunters would be allowed to use firearms between 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. on Sundays – when churches are typically in season.” Angel

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Full Circle's post
25-04-2017, 06:30 PM
I live in NC and I never understood the restrictions of all sorts on Sunday. You can't buy beer until noon. WTF?
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
25-04-2017, 06:34 PM
RE: Should hunting be allowed during Sunday church services?
(25-04-2017 06:30 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I live in NC and I never understood the restrictions of all sorts on Sunday. You can't buy beer until noon. WTF?

I lived in Tennessee once upon a time, we lived in a dry county. Weeping

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
25-04-2017, 06:36 PM
(25-04-2017 06:30 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I live in NC and I never understood the restrictions of all sorts on Sunday. You can't buy beer until noon. WTF?

That's funny...

In California at the grocery store I could pick up a bottle of booze...and even set it next to my kid while I shopped.

Here I have to go to a liquor store that's only open 6 hours a day and closed on sundays.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-04-2017, 06:56 PM
(25-04-2017 06:36 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

That's funny...

In California at the grocery store I could pick up a bottle of booze...and even set it next to my kid while I shopped.

Here I have to go to a liquor store that's only open 6 hours a day and closed on sundays.

I'm not picking you out, but I'll bet there is every bit as much of an alcohol problem in Oregon as there is in California, yes? That restriction on buying times I saw in Idaho, when I lived there. Drunks everywhere, just like California.
25-04-2017, 07:11 PM
In the 70s, I smuggled beer from Mississippi to Alabama, and booze from Alabama to Mississippi for my first husband's relations. One state had booze legal and beer illegal, the other one vice versa. And on Sundays there was literally nothing, not a single thing, that was not religious on the radio.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
25-04-2017, 07:12 PM
(25-04-2017 06:56 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(25-04-2017 06:36 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  That's funny...

I'm not picking you out, but I'll bet there is every bit as much of an alcohol problem in Oregon as there is in California, yes? That restriction on buying times I saw in Idaho, when I lived there. Drunks everywhere, just like California.

You are right, I lived in both states too and it makes no difference.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
25-04-2017, 07:13 PM
I think they should allow hunting in churches.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
25-04-2017, 07:14 PM
Spraying lead on Sunday morning IS my church.

So, fuck 'em...

Cool

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
25-04-2017, 08:22 PM
(25-04-2017 07:13 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I think they should allow hunting in churches.

Gotta chase the devil out with something.
[+] 2 users Like KUSA's post