Should hunting be allowed during Sunday church services?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2017, 03:08 PM
RE: Should hunting be allowed during Sunday church services?
(26-04-2017 08:36 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(26-04-2017 07:12 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  We don't have that particular stupid law here in Michigan, but in Zeeland Michigan it's illegal to drink beer in your front yard, or wash your car on Sunday.

Fuckin' troglodyte blue laws....

Not sure the front porch thing is about beer, but about pubic nuisance preventing noise violations and parties getting too big and out of hand. Many beach communities have laws on rentals and volume of occupancy. And even outside this issue, there is nothing wrong with being a good neighbor and keeping your noise to a minimum or in your own house.

Yes if you are not being loud or noisy especially at night, sure you should be allowed to do that. But if you are one of these assholes who thinks because you own something you have the right to be dicks to your neighbors, whom might need to sleep because they have to go to work, at that point you are just being a fucking dick. Beer or no beer. Even if you are not drinking, and you are blasting your music even with the windows closed, and your neighbor cant sleep, or their kid cant do their homework, then you are simply being a fucking dick. Noise laws, and disturbing the peace, matter, even when you are not drinking. Keep your noise to yourself and you should not have a problem drinking or not.

And not washing your car on Sunday? I might buy that one. But water use restrictions are very common in areas where supply is low because of a pipe burst or drought.

You'd argue with a fencepost, wouldn't ya??

Water restrictions? Are you high? Zeeland is practically in Lake Michigan. There's no water restrictions. It's strictly blue law shit.

Same as beer in your front yard. I found out about that law when one of the guys I worked with moved there, and got accosted by the local cop. For sitting on his front porch with his wife quietly relaxing...

No noise infractions or anything else. Just pure legal fuckery....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
02-05-2017, 03:00 PM
(25-04-2017 06:30 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I live in NC and I never understood the restrictions of all sorts on Sunday. You can't buy beer until noon. WTF?
Those "blue laws" are everywhere, although not as plentiful as they once were. When I was really young, in the town I grew up in in NYS, retail stores couldn't open on Sundays (except for drug stores). But that changed before I left grade school.

Where I did my undergrad college (upstate NY) you could buy beer in pretty much any store, 24 hours a day, 6 days a week, and 15 hours on Sunday. The one period when you couldn't buy it, anywhere in town, was 3AM to noon on Sunday. Gotta get those Saturday night sinners sobered up for church, y'know.

Anything alcoholic other than beer, including wine, had to be bought in a liquor store -- but they could stay open regular retail hours which, for some stores, was 24 hours/day.

We also had a couple of completely dry towns in the middle of the state.

At that same time, a couple of hours away in Connecticut, you had to go to a liquor store ("package store") to buy any alcohol, including beer. And you could only do that from 10 am to 8pm, six days a week.

Then I got to Oregon and was surprised to find two aisles in the supermarket stacked with wine, which I had always had to go to a liquor store to buy.

The US is an insanely crazy quilt of alcohol laws that differ by state, county, and even town to town. And now it's happening with marijuana. It's legal here, for both medical and recreational use. Except not for recreational use in certain towns. But you can still grow it there if you have a medical marijuana card. Across the eastern border in Idaho, you'll get busted for what's perfectly legal in Oregon.

Things must be interesting in Ontario (Oregon), which is right smack on the Or/Id border.

ARGH!!! Hobo

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
02-05-2017, 03:11 PM
(26-04-2017 08:36 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Not sure the front porch thing is about beer, but about pubic nuisance preventing noise violations and parties getting too big and out of hand.

My town has "open-container laws" effective on public, but not private property.
Unless you are seen consuming alcohol "in view of a public thoroughfare".

Which means:
If I drink a beer on the sidewalk in front of my house; I'm busted.
If I drink a beer in my back yard, I'm OK.
If I drink a beer in my front yard, and somebody in the street can see that I'm drinking a beer, I'm busted.
BUT... if I drink a beer in my front yard with my back to the street, or if I have the bottle in a brown paper bag, then I'm legal.

And yes, there is a reason why I know these laws in such great detail . . . Censored

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
02-05-2017, 03:17 PM
Hunting should be allowed during services, it's a natural state of affairs.

Pew, pew, pew!!!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Gawdzilla's post
02-05-2017, 03:20 PM
As long as it's "open season" on preachers, it should be.
Would I need a hunting license for priests ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
02-05-2017, 04:18 PM
(02-05-2017 03:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  As long as it's "open season" on preachers, it should be.
Would I need a hunting license for priests ?

They are considered invasive species and a license is not required. No size or bag limits either.

Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
02-05-2017, 04:43 PM
Reading through this thread I'd like to propose the irradiation of the entire southern USA using neutron bombs, it would be a blessingDrinking Beverage
02-05-2017, 04:56 PM
Should hunting be allowed during Sunday church services?
(02-05-2017 04:43 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Reading through this thread I'd like to propose the irradiation of the entire southern USA using neutron bombs, it would be a blessingDrinking Beverage

You wouldn't be able to enjoy my posts anymore if that happened.
02-05-2017, 05:11 PM
(02-05-2017 04:56 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(02-05-2017 04:43 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Reading through this thread I'd like to propose the irradiation of the entire southern USA using neutron bombs, it would be a blessingDrinking Beverage

You wouldn't be able to enjoy my posts anymore if that happened.

I'll tip you off so you can take a vacation, with neutron weapons radiation is prompt and infrastructure stays largely intact so your house will be fine and once you have buried your neighbours you can appropriate their real estate, make ya rich.
05-05-2017, 05:00 PM
(25-04-2017 06:15 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Gasp

Fucking click bait, I really thought life was about to get more interesting.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/politic...source=Pew

"House Bill 559, titled “Outdoor Heritage Enhanced,” passed the House Wildlife Resources Committee Monday in a split voice vote. The bill passed the House Tuesday in a 102-17 vote and now goes to the Senate, where an identical bill has so far not received a hearing.

If it becomes law, hunters would be allowed to use firearms between 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. on Sundays – when churches are typically in session – as long as they don’t come within 500 yards of a church.”

If nothing else North Carolina has rearranged its priorities, hunting comes first, church somewhere below that. Laugh out load

Should have read:

If it becomes law, hunters would be allowed to use firearms between 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. on Sundays – when churches are typically in season.” Angel

You mean they are going to catch up with the rest of the country?

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself