Should hunting be allowed during Sunday church services?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2017, 05:10 PM
RE: Should hunting be allowed during Sunday church services?
(25-04-2017 06:34 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(25-04-2017 06:30 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I live in NC and I never understood the restrictions of all sorts on Sunday. You can't buy beer until noon. WTF?

I lived in Tennessee once upon a time, we lived in a dry county. Weeping

I was stationed at Little Rock Air Force Base. At that time Little Rock was in a dry county surrounded by wet counties. But here's the kicker, any time a drug store was open you could (anyone) buy Graves Strait Grain Alcohol, good ole medical alcohol good for external and internal diseases. Made a tolerable screwdriver if a little strong.

Came in sizes ranging from half pints to fifths.

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2017, 05:28 PM
(25-04-2017 07:11 PM)Dom Wrote:  In the 70s, I smuggled beer from Mississippi to Alabama, and booze from Alabama to Mississippi for my first husband's relations. One state had booze legal and beer illegal, the other one vice versa. And on Sundays there was literally nothing, not a single thing, that was not religious on the radio.

When I was stationed in Arkansas we used to go up to a little town north of Little Rock to a luncheonette where we ordered a milkshake without specifying a flavor and got (in a milkshake container) beer. If we didn't want beer we'd have to specify a flavor. What a state, all the grocery stores peddled alcohol beverages out the back door if they knew you. Everyone knew it including the local, state and federal authorities but as long as it was kept quiet and everyone looked both ways before handing it over no one objected.

On the other hand the worst thing I've ever tasted was bootleg. The stuff I had (on a number of occasions and places) was straight alcohol flavored with panther piss. [Image: t2105.gif]

Robert himself
05-05-2017, 05:31 PM
(25-04-2017 07:11 PM)Dom Wrote:  In the 70s, I smuggled beer from Mississippi to Alabama, and booze from Alabama to Mississippi for my first husband's relations. One state had booze legal and beer illegal, the other one vice versa. And on Sundays there was literally nothing, not a single thing, that was not religious on the radio.

OMG you were a bootleger! [Image: t2027.gif]

Robert himself
05-05-2017, 05:41 PM
(25-04-2017 07:13 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I think they should allow hunting in churches.

Halleluiah bro ya'al.

Robert himself
05-05-2017, 05:58 PM
(26-04-2017 08:23 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Blue laws of any kind are bullshit and this is simply another blue law. This is simply another bullshit loophole Christians use to say "Oh no, it is not a religious law" when they fucking know it is to encourage people to attend church.

Other laws that don't exist now were stupid "You cant sell kitchen appliances on Sunday", and the common one still today is, "You cant sell booze/beer util noon on Sunday".

I could give a shit less about hunting on Sunday as long as the species isn't endangered and as long as you are going to kill it quickly so it doesn't suffer, and eat the meat.

These same morons who insist on these bullshit blue laws, don't understand, for example, in Morocco during Ramadan even if you are not Muslim, it is also illegal for you to eat in public in the middle of the day.

There are so many blue laws on the books it in incredible. How about (I don't know which state or states) having to have someone walk in front of your car with a lantern to warn horses of the noisy machine approaching so they don't panic. There are others relating to sex in the home (behind closed doors) with the curtains up. Try this for some laughs. More blue laws

Robert himself
[+] 2 users Like Ro3bert's post
05-05-2017, 09:43 PM
(25-04-2017 06:36 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(25-04-2017 06:30 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I live in NC and I never understood the restrictions of all sorts on Sunday. You can't buy beer until noon. WTF?

That's funny...

In California at the grocery store I could pick up a bottle of booze...and even set it next to my kid while I shopped.

Here I have to go to a liquor store that's only open 6 hours a day and closed on sundays.

Want me to go buy some booze at 3am for ya? Smile I mean by the time I get it to you it'll be days later but it was PURCHASED at 3am clearly illegal where you are.

Fucking stupid ass rules...

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
06-05-2017, 12:53 PM
My belief is that church services should be banned between 9:30AM and 12:30PM on Sundays – during the hunting season when hunters are allowed to use firearms. Tongue

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
08-05-2017, 11:39 AM
(05-05-2017 05:58 PM)Ro3bert Wrote:  
(26-04-2017 08:23 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Blue laws of any kind are bullshit and this is simply another blue law. This is simply another bullshit loophole Christians use to say "Oh no, it is not a religious law" when they fucking know it is to encourage people to attend church.

Other laws that don't exist now were stupid "You cant sell kitchen appliances on Sunday", and the common one still today is, "You cant sell booze/beer util noon on Sunday".

I could give a shit less about hunting on Sunday as long as the species isn't endangered and as long as you are going to kill it quickly so it doesn't suffer, and eat the meat.

These same morons who insist on these bullshit blue laws, don't understand, for example, in Morocco during Ramadan even if you are not Muslim, it is also illegal for you to eat in public in the middle of the day.

There are so many blue laws on the books it in incredible. How about (I don't know which state or states) having to have someone walk in front of your car with a lantern to warn horses of the noisy machine approaching so they don't panic. There are others relating to sex in the home (behind closed doors) with the curtains up. Try this for some laughs. More blue laws

Florida for the win!

I live in such a fucked up State. Weeping

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce