Poll: Should martinb59 stay or go>
Yes
No
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Should martinb59 stay or go?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2010, 11:53 PM

Should martinb59 stay or go?
Based on Kelly's post should I, martinb59 stay or go? I will never go on here again if you don't want me here based on the poll results.
Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2010, 12:11 AM

RE: Should martinb59 stay or go?
(15-03-2010 11:53 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  Based on Kelly's post should I, martinb59 stay or go? I will never go on here again if you don't want me here based on the poll results.

I am free to break my own rule, and I must to share my amusement.

The poll is flawed and unanswerable as you have asked an either/or question but only made a yes or no answer possible. This leaves the final result left to your interpretation of whether voters meant "Yes, he should stay" or "Yes, he should go."

This poll is a tidy way to sum up my entire post to Unbeliever. Thanks!
16-03-2010, 10:19 AM
I'm not sure which poll option means which, but I think you should stay. I don't think anyone should be banned simply for holding a differing point of view.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2010, 10:32 AM
I truly don't mind a theist here, and I think it's good for balance, but that is on paper. You tend to get too emotional, and your beliefs are too different from ours, so you tend to argue (And they do end up as an argument) in every thread, no matter what it started as.

Status Quo is not okay. I would like things to remain always respectful (No more calling Unbeliever childish), for the fighting to be kept in a single thread, and for you to relax some.

If you are unable to do so, I would wish for you to leave.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
16-03-2010, 10:57 AM
(16-03-2010 10:32 AM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  I truly don't mind a theist here, and I think it's good for balance, but that is on paper. You tend to get too emotional, and your beliefs are too different from ours, so you tend to argue (And they do end up as an argument) in every thread, no matter what it started as.

Status Quo is not okay. I would like things to remain always respectful (No more calling Unbeliever childish), for the fighting to be kept in a single thread, and for you to relax some.

If you are unable to do so, I would wish for you to leave.

Quoted for truth. I may be on my second day here (first day if you consider that I joined last night) but I think most people anywhere would agree you're welcome so long as you're respectful.

16-03-2010, 12:31 PM

As the rest, I'm really confused with the poll. You voted "yes" though... yes, you want to leave or yes you want to stay?
16-03-2010, 01:30 PM

I don't think anyone should leave any forums as long as they are following the rules. I'm new here, so I'm sure I don't have much say in that, but I used to be a member of forums devoted to anime (I know, I know. Nerd, right Tongue?), but I spent most of my time in the philosophical debate forum.

There was one person there who seemed to be devoted to turning us atheists (for whatever reason, most of us on the forums were although it was not a religious forum) into christians. People hated him, called him a troll, and begged for his ban, but although I disagreed with him on nearly everything, I sort of became friends with him. We started communicating through private messages, and I posted in all of the threads asking for him to be banned saying that he should not, as he had not broken any forum rules.

He also established a thread where he could debate using a very strict set of rules (i.e., citing every source, not wikipedia, and no flaming allowed).

At any rate, martin, I'm not implying that you are like that guy (as I said, I'm new here), but I'm all for having you here. I respect people's right to choose what to believe in, and I would not discriminate against anyone for sharing their beliefs anywhere or for holding any particular set of beliefs; the only point at which it needs to stop is when the debates turn into flame wars.
16-03-2010, 01:58 PM
I think the Joker best summed up my position on this:

[laughs]I don't want to kill you! What would I do without you? Go back to ripping off mob dealers? No, no, NO! No. You... you... complete me.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-03-2010, 02:50 PM
(16-03-2010 01:58 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  I think the Joker best summed up my position on this:

[laughs]I don't want to kill you! What would I do without you? Go back to ripping off mob dealers? No, no, NO! No. You... you... complete me.

Creepy.

Even creepier because it's true.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How To Stay Young embertin 6 958 20-06-2014 06:18 AM
Last Post: Drunkin Druid
  Unbeliever vs. martinb59: General Bickering Thread Unbeliever 25 2,093 18-03-2010 03:30 PM
Last Post: Unbeliever