Should men be forced to pay child support?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2014, 08:48 AM
RE: Should men be forced to pay child support?
(21-08-2014 07:31 AM)Antonis Wrote:  
(21-08-2014 07:24 AM)pablo Wrote:  I think you're trying to put the genie back in the bottle.

Feminists complain that if you ban abortion you punish them for having intense sexual life and they are right, but the same thing happens to mens too.

Only that isn't what abortion is about. Abortion gives a woman a right to her body. Getting out of baby is a side effect of being able to choose whether or not you want to carry a fetus in your womb or not. When the child is born, it is definitely a person, and that person needs food, shelter, and clothing.

It is exactly what Bows and Arrows said. It doesn't matter what the parent wants anymore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
21-08-2014, 09:03 AM
Thanks, i hadn't thought about it this way! Smile
21-08-2014, 09:31 AM
(21-08-2014 07:13 AM)Antonis Wrote:  If a woman don't want the child and the man wants it she can get an abortion despite the mans wishes, but if the reverse thing happens he can't force her to get an abortion, and thats fine its her own body she can do what she wants, but the man then shouldn't be forced to pay child support for a kid he didn't want.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter who wanted what, who cheated on who, the court cares (rightfully so) about one thing, the safety and well being of the children who didn't ask to come into this world. I pay $32k a year in child support and that bothers me not. Their quality of life didn't change, they are well adjusted, go to great schools, are on various sport teams and feel happy and loved, which is all that matters. I worked very hard on the post divorce relationship with their mom, we are good friends and live 15 mins apart. Why? Because my relationship with my kids and their ability to be happy, safe and provided for is more important then the adult problems between their mom and me. Ego goes out the door, and it becomes a business relationship in "Kids First inc."

Just my two cents

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 4 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
21-08-2014, 09:44 AM
If you support a woman's right to choose (I do) but don't support the equivalent of that for men then you are a hypocrite and inconsistent.

Feminists talk about how if you ban abortion then you are punishing the women for having sex. Conservatives are derided as sexist if they justify their argument on personal responsibility. This is the true hypocrisy of feminism. It is a double standard.

I, on the other hand, believe that both men and women deserve the right to choose.

Edit: By feminists I mean the crazy totalitarian ones on this fourm, I have met many feminists elsewhere who actually agree with me on this issue.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
[+] 2 users Like Res Publica's post
21-08-2014, 10:14 AM
(21-08-2014 09:44 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  If you support a woman's right to choose (I do) but don't support the equivalent of that for men then you are a hypocrite and inconsistent.

I hate to have to explain this to you, but men can't get pregnant, therefore there is no equivalent. But men get to choose, they choose whether or not they have sex. That decision comes with responsibilities. If it leads to a pregnancy, you can't just walk away unless you want to be considered a shitty little coward.

Quote:Feminists talk about how if you ban abortion then you are punishing the women for having sex. Conservatives are derided as sexist if they justify their argument on personal responsibility. This is the true hypocrisy of feminism. It is a double standard.

I, on the other hand, believe that both men and women deserve the right to choose.

Edit: By feminists I mean the crazy totalitarian ones on this fourm, I have met many feminists elsewhere who actually agree with me on this issue.

And once again you're making up any old shit about what you describe as "feminists" to justify the fact your misogyny.

Hate the belief, love the believer.
[+] 5 users Like Elder Cunningham's post
21-08-2014, 10:33 AM
Hmm, this is a tricky one.

A point no-one has raised is adoption. If both parents decide they don't want to be responsible for a child they can put them up for adoption and have no more responsibility toward them. However, if one parent wants to put them up for adoption, and the other wants to keep them, then both parents still have to finance the child. Is this an inconsistency, I'm not sure.

I agree with the point about pregnancy/abortion. I think it's defo unfair on men that they have no say over an abortion and the consequences of having/not having them. However, this unfairness hasn't come about because of human choice, but because of human biology that is beyond our control. Does that mean we shouldn't try and affect it? Again, I'm not sure.

I don't know if I could say I have any definitive views on this. It's a very interesting topic though.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
21-08-2014, 10:39 AM
(21-08-2014 07:44 AM)Antonis Wrote:  
(21-08-2014 07:36 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Keep it in your pants, or wear protection.

thanks for the advice but i am 17 Smile

Yeah so ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
21-08-2014, 10:45 AM
Here's some of the main points to consider:

Men are almost always entirely consensual about the sex they have with women.

No one should have the right to tell a woman what to do with her body.

A child deserves, at the very least, the best opportunities those that created him or her can offer them.

Everyone is responsible for the consequences of their actions.

Anyone disagree?

21-08-2014, 10:52 AM
(21-08-2014 10:45 AM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  Here's some of the main points to consider:

Men are almost always entirely consensual about the sex they have with women.

No one should have the right to tell a woman what to do with her body.

A child deserves, at the very least, the best opportunities those that created him or her can offer them.

Everyone is responsible for the consequences of their actions.

Anyone disagree?

By that logic though, would you ban parents from giving up their children? Make adoption illegal except in cases where both parents are dead?

Also, whilst I agree no-one should have the right to tell a woman what they do with their body, should they be responsible for the their consequences of their choice alone? Or should another person be held responsible for it too regardless of their own views?

This really isn't a simple topic.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
21-08-2014, 10:57 AM
(21-08-2014 10:52 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  By that logic though, would you ban parents from giving up their children? Make adoption illegal except in cases where both parents are dead?

No. Sometimes the best a child's parents can give them is to give them up for adoption.

Quote:Also, whilst I agree no-one should have the right to tell a woman what they do with their body, should they be responsible for the their consequences of their choice alone? Or should another person be held responsible for it too regardless of their own views?

This really isn't a simple topic.

When you choose to have sex, you accept you may produce a child. It's that simple. You take all the precautions you feel you need to, but there's always that chance. If you aren't ready to man up and face your responsibilities, there's always your hand to keep you company.

[+] 2 users Like Elder Cunningham's post