Should my afterlife be a mystery to me?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2016, 08:49 PM
RE: Should my afterlife be a mystery to me?
(07-11-2016 11:55 AM)KerimF Wrote:  
(07-11-2016 09:04 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  2 Macabees 14
Kerim, your Bible says no "afterlife".

Being "raised up" (*exalted* is NOT *resurrected* to another *life*) is what the Hebrews thought happened to heroes. There is a HUGE difference. You really ought to take a class and learn something, some day. I realize the nuances are not something you idiots are interested in, but really ?

"After he had died,
they tortured and maltreated the fourth brother in the same way.
When he was near death, he said,
“It is my choice to die at the hands of men
with the hope God gives of being raised up by him;
but for you, there will be no resurrection to life.

Well, you talk history. But, as you know me, historical references/books (social, economical, political... etc.) are, to me in the least, equivalent to the various holy books.

No, there is evidence for history, none for holy books. Your comparison is inane.

Quote:In brief, I am the man of today. I am sorry for telling you this because, if I remember well, you told me that you are a serious believer in history.

Word salad.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2016, 08:53 PM
(07-11-2016 11:35 AM)KerimF Wrote:  
(07-11-2016 08:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  There is no afterlife for anyone. You are not special.

I wonder how you did know this. I mean on which experiment this is based and on which UUT.

The experiment has been run on every unit. The result is always the same. You are not special.

Quote:But if you feel better that we should be alike in some respects, I have no reason to be against it. After all, we are friends and whatever lets you be fine, makes me fine too.

We are not friends. You are, however, just like everyone else in your mortality.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-11-2016, 02:04 AM
(07-11-2016 12:23 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(07-11-2016 12:16 PM)KerimF Wrote:  Okay... You are in a good mood. I wish you be always like that

That is so patronising considering you bombard this forum with woo posts that make no sense

I am sorry, I didn't know you have one eye only by which you can read just my posts in this forum.
But this shouldn't prevent you doing your job as a good judge... based on your one good eye.

Have a nice day.

Facts that don't need evidences:
Sheep for milk live in peace because it is the will of their rich owners.
Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
Whoever has ears will hear.
Find all posts by this user
08-11-2016, 02:16 AM
(07-11-2016 12:58 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Thanks for quotations out of context, my respect for you has died. You are only interested in seeing if you beat people because you have a massive ego. Dickwad.

Thank you for being sincere.
In general, every person tends seeing others as he sees himself (though at a different level; higher or lower).
So please don't worry. Since I know this natural rule, I have no reason not to keep respecting you. After all, you are brave and sincere.

Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
08-11-2016, 02:29 AM
(07-11-2016 01:12 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(07-11-2016 12:03 PM)KerimF Wrote:  I hope you understand what you liked telling me because I couldn't.

Reward?!
From whom and to whom?!
Sorry, this is new to me.

Heaven. A reward. Afterlife. A reward.
You can't be THAT stupid.

Oh! I see now.

Weird! You talk to me as if you knew me yesterday only!

How many times you heard me saying:
"I don't trust any ruling system; said of Heaven or Men.
I guess you know that the man-made ruling systems only (the heavenly and earthly ones) offer rewards (based on certain rules).

I hope it is clear now... unless your memory, as mine, may fail anytime later Big Grin

08-11-2016, 02:50 AM
(07-11-2016 05:22 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(07-11-2016 12:12 PM)KerimF Wrote:  If you tell me that you met in person those you are talking about, I have no reason not to believe what you said about them (assuming they had no reason not to be sincere with you).

What about you Big Grin

So you've met George Bush and everyone else involved in the 9/11 conspiracy, eh?

This is a trap... right? Wink
The fruits generated later by events have the power to reveal their true stories.
But those who cannot live these fruits, for one reason or another, are ready to believe any other stories.

Sorry for repeating myself. But many here don't mind forgetting the natural rules that don't bring them any benefit... if not let them also lose the glory of some men... right?
Oh! What a silly question here... Of course I am wrong... as I am always Big Grin

08-11-2016, 03:00 AM
(08-11-2016 02:29 AM)KerimF Wrote:  How many times you heard me saying:
"I don't trust any ruling system; said of Heaven or Men.
[Image: respond-like-a-broken-record.jpg]

But of course he trusts his own, made up, nonsensical bullshit, because....."personal logic".

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
08-11-2016, 03:00 AM
(07-11-2016 08:09 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(07-11-2016 02:59 AM)KerimF Wrote:  Please note that on the title of this thread I said ‘my afterlife’ and not ‘afterlife’ in general.
Also, I said ‘should it be a mystery... to me only?’ So I don't mean it shouldn't be a mystery ‘to anyone else' in general.

The reason of doing this... is that the ‘Unit under Test’ (I have) is ‘my being’ only.
I hope this is clear and you remember it while you are reading my post, since my English is not as good as of many here.

It was clear to me since I was a teenager that I couldn’t live in total peace with no doubts and fears of any sort without discovering first the logical answers to all important questions about ‘my existence’.
One of these questions was:
“What will happen to me after the death of my human living flesh?”

First, I had to define/understand what I refer to as ‘death of my body’.
To me in the least, this ‘death’ will take from me both ‘my will’ and ‘my perception’ of the realm, we call life, which is limited by time and space. In other words, my death will return me to the state of void (the state before my perception of my actual existence) as in the following simplified algorithm:

State of Void >>> Forced birth (into time/space realm) >>> State of Void (after my death)

Naturally (that is logically speaking), these two ‘States of Void’, the first and the last, are alike.
So the first thought I had afterwards is recalling the rule (sorry, if some members here don't believe it):
"Whatever could happen once could happen twice".

This means that as I was forced to exist into this life from a ‘State of Void’, there is always the 'possibility' that this same process (forcing to exist) could be repeated after 'my' next ‘State of Void’.

This leaded me to find out what could be the kind/nature of the possible realm in which I may be forced to exist after my return back to the ‘State of Void’ (at the death of my actual body; the 'Unit under Test').

Analysing the idea of reincarnation generated more questions than answers. And it throws me into an endless loop instead of a real and concrete fact for which I am looking.

So I simply asked myself: "Wasn’t possible for me to also live the state of death (as defined above) while I am in the time/space realm?"

To my big surprise, the answer was YES.
I couldn’t (cannot) deny that, every time I need to sleep, I am temporarily killing myself by losing all conscious controls (my will) and my personal perception of space and time. In other words, my ‘Unit under Test’, in this case and practically speaking, becomes in a ‘State of Void’ Wink

To be continued... Kerim
How did you determine that the answer is YES.

Sorry, your 'YES' is about what?

Anyway, when the atmosphere around here will be calmed it will be the time for another storm to start Big Grin

And I hope you will have a pleasant time while reading the replies that will be posted after I wrote the remaining of my experiment Big Grin

08-11-2016, 03:17 AM
(07-11-2016 08:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-11-2016 11:55 AM)KerimF Wrote:  Well, you talk history. But, as you know me, historical references/books (social, economical, political... etc.) are, to me in the least, equivalent to the various holy books.

No, there is evidence for history, none for holy books. Your comparison is inane.

Quote:In brief, I am the man of today. I am sorry for telling you this because, if I remember well, you told me that you are a serious believer in history.

Word salad.

You are totally right when you say:
"No, there is evidence for history, none for holy books".

I mean; I have no reason to be surprised by seeing every believer in the world chooses, as being his trusted sources, some historical books that suits better his priorities in life.

For instance, I heard a lot here... about the existence of evidences. But no one seems ready to present me even one... in order to correct my view about something in the least Wink

08-11-2016, 04:19 AM
I'm unsubscribing from the thread, too much woo and psycho babble from the op