Should of waited to buy xbox one ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2014, 04:08 PM
RE: Should of waited to buy xbox one ..
(12-01-2014 02:35 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  Its pointless buying a next generation console so soon after release... For one thing there's only a handful of next-gen games available... Games already available for the 360 and PS3 are not dramatically improved on the new consoles.

It seems that next-gen consoles are no longer the giant leap forward they used to be... In all areas. There are improvements, but they seem very subtle. Remember the huge leap in graphics from the original PlayStation to the PS2? Doesn't seem to happen now because graphics are sort of approaching the peak of what is possible.

I'm waiting for more game choice before I buy... Well, more specifically I'm waiting for The Witcher 3 to come out. Then I'll probably get a PS4.

I second that. I don't even believe we should be in the next gen. These companies have a bad habit of making the new generation of gaming happen every 6 years with or without new tech. This shit ain't formulaic What's the new technology? Ps1 bought us cd based gaming. Ps2 brought dvd based. The Ps3 was justified in having it's $600 price tag because it was the cheapest blue ray player on the market. What's the Ps4 brought us?

It's not backwards compatible even though it's using the same goddamn cd as the ps3. I think the ps3 can do what the ps4 can. Bear in mind that the ps3 was not put through it's paces. For example most games weren't fully optimised to run on 1080p. The ps4 is 4k capable. But guess what? I don't think most games will be optimised to play on that high spec. I believe with the right software updates the ps3 could effectively be a ps4.

Xbox one is a joke so I won't bother with that. I mean watching tv on your console. Microsoft needs to employ a whole new value engineering team.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes BlackMason's post
14-01-2014, 04:09 PM
should HAVE waited................. HAVE............not "of"

AHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

LOL

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
14-01-2014, 10:29 PM
Should of waited to buy xbox one ..
My son-in-law (haven't used those words much before) bought both PS4 and Xbox1. While I haven't has a chance to play on his Xbox1, all he says is how much he likes it better than the PS4. He barely uses the Sony and let's me use it to watch Blu-ray Discs, which is very generous of him indeed.

So, tell me. What platforms will The Division be released on? That game might encourage me to buy a next gen console.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
14-01-2014, 10:35 PM
(14-01-2014 10:29 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  My son-in-law (haven't used those words much before) bought both PS4 and Xbox1. While I haven't has a chance to play on his Xbox1, all he says is how much he likes it better than the PS4. He barely uses the Sony and let's me use it to watch Blu-ray Discs, which is very generous of him indeed.

So, tell me. What platforms will The Division be released on? That game might encourage me to buy a next gen console.

Both and PC.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
20-01-2014, 02:37 PM
(12-01-2014 06:08 AM)Anudist Wrote:  And this is why I never buy hardware on or near release day.

Normally I don't either, although I did get the PlayStation Vita pre-release edition and have never regretted it. That said, it'll probably be near the end of the year before I bother picking up a PS4.

[Image: MegahentaiSignature_zps7c4b73b2.jpg]
24-01-2014, 01:55 AM
(14-01-2014 04:08 PM)BlackMason Wrote:  I second that. I don't even believe we should be in the next gen. These companies have a bad habit of making the new generation of gaming happen every 6 years with or without new tech. This shit ain't formulaic What's the new technology? Ps1 bought us cd based gaming. Ps2 brought dvd based. The Ps3 was justified in having it's $600 price tag because it was the cheapest blue ray player on the market. What's the Ps4 brought us?

It's not backwards compatible even though it's using the same goddamn cd as the ps3. I think the ps3 can do what the ps4 can. Bear in mind that the ps3 was not put through it's paces. For example most games weren't fully optimised to run on 1080p. The ps4 is 4k capable. But guess what? I don't think most games will be optimised to play on that high spec. I believe with the right software updates the ps3 could effectively be a ps4.

Xbox one is a joke so I won't bother with that. I mean watching tv on your console. Microsoft needs to employ a whole new value engineering team.

This entire post shows nothing but an extreme ignorance of hardware.

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody
24-01-2014, 02:10 AM
(24-01-2014 01:55 AM)Anudist Wrote:  
(14-01-2014 04:08 PM)BlackMason Wrote:  I second that. I don't even believe we should be in the next gen. These companies have a bad habit of making the new generation of gaming happen every 6 years with or without new tech. This shit ain't formulaic What's the new technology? Ps1 bought us cd based gaming. Ps2 brought dvd based. The Ps3 was justified in having it's $600 price tag because it was the cheapest blue ray player on the market. What's the Ps4 brought us?

This entire post shows nothing but an extreme ignorance of hardware.

While I agree for the most part... I have my doubts that PS4 will perform very well with 4k. Xbone certainly wont.

Sure PS4 is capable of 4k resolution, but I see it being a selling point. At that resolution it doesn't have the power to support the textures or framerate (60) that I would find acceptable. It will be impressively sharp for the games with beautiful artistic expression but lesser technical aspects.
24-01-2014, 06:10 AM
(24-01-2014 02:10 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(24-01-2014 01:55 AM)Anudist Wrote:  This entire post shows nothing but an extreme ignorance of hardware.

While I agree for the most part... I have my doubts that PS4 will perform very well with 4k. Xbone certainly wont.

Sure PS4 is capable of 4k resolution, but I see it being a selling point. At that resolution it doesn't have the power to support the textures or framerate (60) that I would find acceptable. It will be impressively sharp for the games with beautiful artistic expression but lesser technical aspects.

That wasn't necessarily what I was pointing out, but I'll go ahead and address that now.

Sony hasn't stated anything about the PS4s ability to handle gaming at 4k, only that still image and video playback may be supported. They haven't ruled out that it's a possibility, but unless games are more heavily optimized for the system, one shouldn't even think to hold their breath. Also, 4k (UHD) was never a selling point for the PS4. MS were the only ones spouting off about UHD being possible on the Xbox One, and they're likely going to be putting their feet in their mouths.

Neither of these consoles can even do native 1080p with current AAA titles properly (60fps for TYPICAL television sets, nevermind high end 120hz+ TVs), mostly because the system hardware is so new, and the game engines haven't caught up yet. But with that in mind, why is anybody looking toward double that resolution right now, whether upscaled or not? We're talking probably 2 years before the first proper next gen titles hit the market that actually takes full advantage of the hardware to display native 1080p. 4k is so not an issue or a selling point, but for whatever reason the technologically ignorant think it is. Why? Because next-gen.

My original point was more to the statement that differences in hardware between the PS3 and PS4 being so minimal that a patch could bring the PS3 up to the PS4's level of performance. Frankly, that's absurd and ridiculous. Hardware wise they are night and day different from each other, and if you don't know why you shouldn't be commenting about generational differences and the lack of "next-gen"-ness. Sure, the Cell architecture has only recently been fully utilized, but that still isn't saying much. In fact, that's more a negative than a positive because it speaks to how difficult that architecture was to program for. It isn't anywhere near as capable as the new CPUs which are clocked at nearly half the frequency.

To his credit, there is a point to be made about the lack of leap from the BD-drives to BDXL-drives, but where gaming is concerned it makes almost zero difference. When talking about UHD video playback it could make all of the difference in the world (see why The Hobbit didn't get a 48fps BD release). Also, backwards compatibility extends FAR beyond disc technology. Code is completely different and emulating takes a LOT of power. You have to use power just to emulate the CONDITIONS the previous technology produced, and then on top of that compute everything within those conditions compounding computational tasks and multiplying resource requirements. Hence why you won't be seeing effective Xbox 360 or PS3 emulators for some time. It just isn't that simple.

And to answer his question about what the PS4 has brought us, next-gen graphics. Easy.

I don't mean to come across as rude here, but it is a bit irritating as it just feeds the same fanboy BS that we've dealt with for years and years now.

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody
24-01-2014, 12:43 PM
Graphically the potential is greater in the new gen (hardware spec boost and all). But for gamers, or just people with eyes in general, next gen isn't giving the visual boost that we've seen in previous generation transitions. I will get a PS4 eventually, but that's only because I want to experience the new FF and new KH (and the like).

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
24-01-2014, 11:58 PM
I almost bought a next gen this morning at the Mall, but the minor graphics update in current games from the 360 and no compelling exclusives just felt sheepish.
Gaming is 80% social theses days, why have a next gen when you are playing 360/PS3 on-line with friends most of the time.

Odd for someone with a stupidly expensive PC rig to say but, the graphics on 360 when viewed from 3 meters away is good enough. compared the xboxone/PS4 at least.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".