Should only taxpayers be allowed to vote?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-02-2013, 08:28 AM
RE: Should only taxpayers be allowed to vote?
(12-02-2013 06:32 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Taxation defines citizenship?
Yes and citizens pay it. They do not suck on the public tit or negate the vote of those that pay for the system.
Regards
DL
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2013, 08:30 AM
(12-02-2013 07:58 AM)Zat Wrote:  
(12-02-2013 07:33 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  The rich are getting richer and the poor better off and the middle is squeezed by both side and any election basically becomes a war against the middle thanks to the fact that politicians are owned by the rich.

This is unjust and unsustainable and must end.
The solution is simple: kill both the poor and the rich so the middle can starve to death by themselves without the contribution of the poor. Undecided
You mean without the draining of it. Right?
You did not mean their contributing to it. Right?
Regards
DL
12-02-2013, 08:37 AM
What is the last time you worked in a mine, dug a ditch, served hamburger at Macjobs, babysitted children, worked in daycare, planted some crops, worked in a sweatshop, baked a bread, mixed mortar,...........?

They are all poor by standards of the 'middle'.

If you did, you should know better.

If you did not -- better educate yourself about reality of the 'poor'.

If you mean those who live on welfare -- try it sometime and see if they do it out of choice.
[+] 1 user Likes Zat's post
12-02-2013, 08:39 AM
What does your vote get you?

It doesn't have a say in who we go to war with, it doesn't decide monetary policy... it is nothing but an illusion.

You want people to pay taxes.... and huge amounts of people do ..... governments still get more and more increasingly in debt (something else that your vote doesn't decide upon)

Keep your voting.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-02-2013, 08:43 AM
(12-02-2013 08:37 AM)Zat Wrote:  What is the last time you worked in a mine, dug a ditch, served hamburger at Macjobs, babysitted children, worked in daycare, planted some crops, worked in a sweatshop, baked a bread, mixed mortar,...........?

They are all poor by standards of the 'middle'.

If you did, you should know better.

If you did not -- better educate yourself about reality of the 'poor'.

If you mean those who live on welfare -- try it sometime and see if they do it out of choice.
I have and did not like it and took the steps to do better.
Some do not and those are the ones I target.
We presently feed the taxtakers instead of teaching them to feed themselves. Politicians keep it that way as a make work project for themselves and we all lose because of it.
Regards
DL
12-02-2013, 08:51 AM
(12-02-2013 08:39 AM)bemore Wrote:  What does your vote get you?

It doesn't have a say in who we go to war with, it doesn't decide monetary policy... it is nothing but an illusion.

You want people to pay taxes.... and huge amounts of people do ..... governments still get more and more increasingly in debt (something else that your vote doesn't decide upon)

Keep your voting.
And so your idea is to sit back and refuse to do anything? Your idea is to start a revolution? Oh yes, that has worked out well in the past.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
12-02-2013, 08:56 AM
(12-02-2013 08:51 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(12-02-2013 08:39 AM)bemore Wrote:  What does your vote get you?

Keep your voting.
And so your idea is to sit back and refuse to do anything? Your idea is to start a revolution? Oh yes, that has worked out well in the past.
I don't have any answers, nor can I offer any alternatives... doesn't mean I have to support this shitty system we all live under.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
12-02-2013, 08:57 AM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2013 09:01 AM by Zat.)
(12-02-2013 08:43 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  I have and did not like it and took the steps to do better.
Some do not and those are the ones I target.
You don't believe in no-win situations do you?

Just because you were able to do better does not mean that everybody can.

And, if they can't, it may not be for lack of trying or for just plain laziness.

Some are handicapped, burdened with dependents (not necessarily their fault), limited in abilities and talents, exploited by the vultures every time they make an effort.

They say you should try a small business if you can't get a job.

Once you do, all the bedbugs crawl out of the woodwork and suck you dry. You end up making money for everyone else (I have been there too).

It is very easy to say: I was lucky that nobody destroyed me before I succeeded -- easy and stupid and lacking in understanding and in compassion.

A thousand others who tried just as hard as you did never had a chance because they did not have your luck and were pushed back down by the jackals all lurking out there, waiting for weak and easy prey.
[+] 1 user Likes Zat's post
12-02-2013, 09:46 AM
Should only taxpayers be allowed to vote?
The original question presupposes that voting is somehow a good idea. In reality, it is saying that there is this system that is not working properly so what we should do is write some (more) opinions on paper and then have some people with guns enforce those opinions on other people.

The trouble is that the whole notion of voting and giving a small group of people the exclusive right to the initiation of force is the reason why you have the problem you're trying to fix now. Doing the same thing over again will not produce different results.
12-02-2013, 11:22 AM
(12-02-2013 08:06 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  
(11-02-2013 10:35 PM)BryanS Wrote:  Poll taxes were one way former confederate states minimized black people voting. I'd rather it be the case that more people pay taxes.

Others mentioned there are a variety of taxes the poor pay--in the US as in many placed, that is of course true. However the US also has the 'earned income tax credit' that essentially rebates many of those taxes (they have a negative income tax rate). A tax system that encourages the electorate to demand government spending without any obligation to paying for the demanded expenses is missing a critical check against government excess.

Well put.
I was starting to wonder where the thinkers were.
Only 2 so far.
That is from MPOV of course.
Let me try to post this again although the system here is screwing it up.

T
he current system seems to allow for some fairly obvious abuse. For example, some politicians attempt to buy votes by expanding the welfare state massively - inventing new ways of buying voters' loyalty with tax credits and other hidden taxpayer’s money. It nearly works. In fact left wing governments in the UK have a track record of spending vast amounts of money on welfare and ending up in financial trouble. It's an easy vote winner because there are a lot more poor and middle class people than there are rich people.

Maybe those who get benefits should be excluded from voting because they are only voting for your money and negating your vote. If you happen to be a taxpayer.
My basic view is what the law of the land in many countries in the past was; no taxation without representation. In effect that says that if you do not pay taxes or are a taxtaker you have not earned representation
through a vote. IOW, if you do not pay for representation, you do not get it.

The logic is clear. Government is a service and services are never free. The logic is thus sound.

Tax is a payment but do not fixate just on that. Payment can be made in various ways so do not think I am going after the poor. In the case of Vets, representation can be earned by serving to protect the country. Those who sometimes pay taxes and at other times take taxes would have to be looked at once a standard is set. If a person pays 15 years out of 20 for instance, he would vote. Someone who only paid 5 years out of 20 and was on the dole or public purse for 15 may not get a vote.

The point is that when more and more fall into the poor categories, their vote can and is bought by the unscrupulous politicians who
are elected by promises of a raise in welfare checks.
The rich are getting richer and the poor better off and the middle is squeezed by both side and any election basically becomes a war against the middle thanks to the fact that politicians are owned by the rich.

This is unjust and unsustainable and must end.

Regards

DL

I don't know if anyone has had this conversation with you or not. See, the thing is (at least I'm sure this is how it works), if it's funny, it's okay; however, if it's just stupid, then after a while, it gets annoying.

That usually applies to comedy in general. I think it's more the effort going in to being funny than it is the results, and that might give you a chance.

I would suggest looking up irony and satire, as I think that is what you are working toward. I really can't describe it well, but the key is to find the perfect balance between seriousness and joking. Right now you seem to be a little too far on the serious side, so I'd have to advise that you attempt a more sarcastic tone.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell