Poll: Should "racist" jokes be acceptable?
Yes
No
I have no idea, I'm only voting so I don't feel left out
[Show Results]

Should "racist" jokes be acceptable?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-09-2013, 06:03 PM
RE: Should "racist" jokes be acceptable?
(19-09-2013 05:55 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I have black friends, but when we pass a bicycle, I'm going to say "Hey, I wouldn't advise you to steal that." and they'll respond "Shut up white girl."

And that's casual conversation, my friend. Smile

Stay outta my threads you equinsu ocha (brownie points for the reference btw)! Angry

Big Grin

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2013, 07:12 PM
(19-09-2013 06:03 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Stay outta my threads you equinsu ocha (brownie points for the reference btw)! Angry

Big Grin

You hepatitis gurgling slut. Get out of my grill, nignog.
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post
19-09-2013, 09:23 PM
It depends on the situation. Since everyone has a different tolerance to offensiveness, I don't think they can be considered acceptable across the board.
19-09-2013, 10:23 PM
I vote yes, but as others have pointed out, it all depends on context and circumstances. I can appreciate good humored jokes among friends when it is light-hearted and not meant to be hurtful in any way. The same jokes, coming from people you don't know, can be incredibly hurtful.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
19-09-2013, 10:38 PM
No short and simple
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-09-2013, 10:57 PM
The real question should be, Should people be offended by jokes?

If someone is attempting to make you laugh and you get angry at their attempt, then you have a lot personal problems. Jokes aren't meant to be taken seriously therefore if you take it seriously and get offended then you are doing it wrong.
[+] 1 user Likes I and I's post
19-09-2013, 11:24 PM
Life's too fucking short to be so goddamn serious all the time. Go ahead. Let's hear your best Hillbilly joke. I will only be offended if it sucks ass or I've heard it a million times before. Fucking holier than thou art pussies. Bring it! Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
19-09-2013, 11:50 PM
Allowed... yes.

Acceptable... depends who you ask.

A law could never be enforced that declared racist jokes "unacceptable". If you find a joke funny (racist or not), it's acceptable to you... whether or not the wider society finds it acceptable, or thinks it shouldn't be acceptable is an entirely different thing.

No one has the right to define what you are and are not allowed to laugh at.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-09-2013, 02:07 AM
"Censorship is telling a Man he cannot have a steak because a baby is not able to chew it" - Mark Twain

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
20-09-2013, 02:26 AM
it is a matter of judging jokes not racist jokes
the op is evil, it means to justify the reverse sense of laughter by limiting its lie about being funny to racism only

joke is evil like joker is the liar with dirty powers

that is why people that react negatively to jokes are always real people, and the jokers know that very well so they enjoy hitting more from there

what is funny ??? get back to basics

true fun is about enjoying being really

it is always due to the relative freedom being somehow objective, so always with others we have fun

why is it funny??? bc seeing the other relative freedom or being it is funny, like getting away from truth but dunno wat can invent, so the support of the other on the idea is making it real
but the fun is true only when the freedom is true so the subjective relation between same kind of relative conscious free means

but wat im saying is objective fact, so absolute reason
then it is a lie to mean fun by belittle another
so they invented the joke that is not supposed to b funny but u can take it that way as not doing the mean for real

so it is like the guy that must take the joke, would make oufff b happy bc it is not real, then they would laugh for real as he showed them how they have powers on his fear, while this is what is meant in depth of joke, without daring it

then the joke became the fun jokers are having, by inventing the terror on others faces they could do

again it confirms how powers means is always about taking advantage of others for everything, so power is never a positive source, this is a lie

and the more powers means are of real powerful other the more one must expect being in deep shit for real