Poll: Should "racist" jokes be acceptable?
Yes
No
I have no idea, I'm only voting so I don't feel left out
[Show Results]

Should "racist" jokes be acceptable?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2013, 02:37 AM
RE: Should "racist" jokes be acceptable?
like why if u know better then others, u cant explain what u know without having to b in shit

how being in shit is what others need to see

it is a lie

there are powers the mean to possess all knowledge wether they mean protecting their properties or they want to possess that knowledge, they put the being in shit and let around him also take his space freedom right, so everything is then to them when the freedom doesnt exist

to me it proves, how the center of rights defense, is to point criminals not to defend victims

a lot of people are not perfect even me, but nobody is supposed to b judged on the contrary, everybody should get the compensation of having to b for nothing

being relative is nothing merde
but criminals is what must constantly being pointed

no hides anymore, it is clear hundrepercent

cant but expect action from truth freedoms anytime
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes absols's post
22-09-2013, 08:45 AM
(18-09-2013 12:09 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  This oughta be contentious, it was inspired by the exchange between TBD and muffs in the CC. Should so-called racist jokes be acceptable?

Personally, I don't see what the big problem is. I make racist jokes. I make them about all manner of people, including myself (I'm white, I can't dance, that's life). I've never really understood why people object so much (other than they are taught they should and blindly go along with it).

Firstly, a "racist" joke is a joke that plays upon a stereotype regarding the colour of a person's skin, people deem this wrong. Yet jokes that play on a stereotype about a person's nationality are deemed comedy gold. I don't see why there is a difference. In some circles it's decided whether a joke is acceptable based solely on which nationality is the butt of the joke. Jokes about American's are hilarious, jokes about Africans are offensive. Ironically, this is the most racist approach of all. People in this bracket are basing their opinion of what is and isn't acceptable on the colour of a person's skin. This is far more racist than any joke.

Secondly, do people not understand the concept of a joke? It is not a statement of belief, it is not a declaration of viewpoint. It is a statement that tries to use some form of wit for comedic effect. They are not supposed to be taken seriously, and anyone who can't see that probably shouldn't be watching comedy in the first place.

Anyone else got any views on this?

PS. The poll is a private one so no non-FT members will be able to see what you vote.

I would say no. Racist jokes made by racists are not funny. Perhaps when you tell the joke to people you know well, and they know that you are not a racist, perhaps then it would be OK. But if you tell a racist joke to strangers, they will think that you are a racist.
[+] 1 user Likes black_squirrel's post
22-09-2013, 09:39 AM
o really.. how interesting ...wat did u say exactly, wat is a racist??? can u define it??? no
so wat u said is nothing, u didnt speak u didnt express anything out of urself
22-09-2013, 09:47 AM
What if you said a racist joke and said "no racist" at the end?... (Like saying "no homo")

I think racist jokes are okay as long as you're not actually racist. Full on racists are usually hateful, upfront and personal about their racism- that's not funny. Believe me, a difference can be differentiated. Smile
22-09-2013, 11:50 AM
it is been pointed right before from somebody else that the real racists are friends with what is looked at as inferior race
it is true, a lot of people enjoy the relation with others on terms of inferiority so it would b easy to sit comfortably by having others always around as things to use

like a lot of people chose their best friends being actually some dogs they buy

so no u didnt define racism to justify being saying anything right or anything at all

while i have a definition of racism that u could never guess
22-09-2013, 01:49 PM
Should racist jokes be acceptable here?

Yes! This is a place of ideas. Any idiotic idea one can have should be up for discussion here. If you want to open a forum on the virtues of nigger bashing, please do!

Those of us who find racist jokes and nigger bashing offensive will be able to defend our ideas.

Let's not send the ignorant away. Let's pull up our sleeves and tell um to bring it on!
22-09-2013, 02:41 PM
^
Joke is a joke, it's not an idea.

My take on this is simple. If u're offended by a joke - fuck u.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
22-09-2013, 03:27 PM
Should "racist" jokes be acceptable?
(22-09-2013 02:41 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  ^
Joke is a joke, it's not an idea.

My take on this is simple. If u're offended by a joke - fuck u.

I disagree. Jokes ARE ideas. Practically any message, no matter how offensive, can be packaged as a joke.
Saying that people should not be offended by a joke means that they should not be offended by
anything.
22-09-2013, 03:44 PM
[Image: 3satn.jpg]via Imgflip Meme Maker

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
22-09-2013, 04:58 PM
(22-09-2013 08:45 AM)black_squirrel Wrote:  I would say no. Racist jokes made by racists are not funny. Perhaps when you tell the joke to people you know well, and they know that you are not a racist, perhaps then it would be OK. But if you tell a racist joke to strangers, they will think that you are a racist.

Why should the default position be to assume someone's a racist though? I'm more of an innocent until proven guilty person, if someone I don't know tells me a "racist" joke I will assume they aren't a racist until I have information to assume otherwise. Also, there are far more non-racists than racists telling "racist" jokes (let's be honest, we all do it and I would contend that there are more non-racists than racists in the world) so it's the only logical approach to take.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.