Poll: Should "territory born de facto citizens" have to take a citizenship test also?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Should "territory born de facto citizens" have to take a citizenship test also?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2012, 11:45 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2012 02:16 AM by PoolBoyG.)
Rainbow Should "territory born de facto citizens" have to take a citizenship test also?
It's very odd that people born on one side of an artificial border is given defacto citizenship (not even border, but territory, like foreign military bases), while those born on the other side of the artificial border must go to some lengths to "EARN" citizenship. There's no qualification for defacto citizens, who can be incredibly ignorant of their own country, and less "deserving" as the foreign person.

So, the question being thought is "Well, if these people fail their citizenship test - what then? Do we toss them over the border?" I'd like to hear what users who have voted "Yes" have to say about this point.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2012, 06:31 AM
RE: Should "territory born de facto citizens" have to take a citizenship test also?
There's no "I don't care" option, so I didn't vote.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
07-11-2012, 08:19 AM
Re: Should "territory born de facto citizens" have to take a citizenship test also?
I don't know if it was my district, county, state, or what... But in 7th grade we had social science class all focused on government.

If we did not pass a citizen test we were not able to pass that 7th grade course. I know the stipulations were a bit more lenient as we could miss up to 5 instead of just 3 questions.

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"