Should the Steelers and Texans Trade QB's?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-09-2013, 03:08 PM
Should the Steelers and Texans Trade QB's?
I saw this yesterday and it raises a good point. Big Ben is going to do nothing this year except maybe have a career ending injury and Matt Schaub is the reason the Texans are not 4-0. If Houston were to offer Pittsburg 2 1st round picks and Schaub should the Steelers take that deal?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-09-2013, 06:05 PM
RE: Should the Steelers and Texans Trade QB's?
(30-09-2013 03:08 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I saw this yesterday and it raises a good point. Big Ben is going to do nothing this year except maybe have a career ending injury and Matt Schaub is the reason the Texans are not 4-0. If Houston were to offer Pittsburg 2 1st round picks and Schaub should the Steelers take that deal?

Well if the Texans are not 4-0 specifically because of Schaub's bad play,....fuck I don't know! I mean I've seen what can happen when you put Todd Hailey in charge of an offense ran by a bad QB,....yes!!! things could get worse Undecided but if it's already time to think rebuilding (and their defense isn't working like it used to) then those 2 first round picks would be invaluable. But I don't know if Big Ben is too old, or if HE should be traded. Are you talking about getting Schaub (or someone else) to be the fall guy, & take hits until their O-line is worth a damn? That'd be a shit job Tongue

30-09-2013, 06:23 PM
(30-09-2013 06:05 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(30-09-2013 03:08 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I saw this yesterday and it raises a good point. Big Ben is going to do nothing this year except maybe have a career ending injury and Matt Schaub is the reason the Texans are not 4-0. If Houston were to offer Pittsburg 2 1st round picks and Schaub should the Steelers take that deal?

Well if the Texans are not 4-0 specifically because of Schaub's bad play,....fuck I don't know! I mean I've seen what can happen when you put Todd Hailey in charge of an offense ran by a bad QB,....yes!!! things could get worse Undecided but if it's already time to think rebuilding (and their defense isn't working like it used to) then those 2 first round picks would be invaluable. But I don't know if Big Ben is too old, or if HE should be traded. Are you talking about getting Schaub (or someone else) to be the fall guy, & take hits until their O-line is worth a damn? That'd be a shit job Tongue

The Steelers are old (oldest average age in the league) they have lost a step and are bereft of talent. In addition to Todd Haley bringing the worst offensive package ever they need some fresh young talent. Doing this would say to steelers nation we are rebuilding for the future but the present is going to suck. 2 1st round picks would be a fair deal for Big Ben and would let the Steelers restock the pantry.

For Houston they get a 2 time Super bowl winning QB and a definite step up at their weakest position. It is a win now move and with the AFC in the state it is in could put them in the running for the Super Bowl. Give Big Ben the weapons and protection that Houston has and he would probably put up career numbers.

If you were the GM of either team would you pull the trigger on this deal. I think I would if I was the Texans but am not sure if Pittsburgh is willing to swallow it's pride and admit it is no longer among the elite teams in the league.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
30-09-2013, 06:29 PM
(30-09-2013 06:23 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(30-09-2013 06:05 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Well if the Texans are not 4-0 specifically because of Schaub's bad play,....fuck I don't know! I mean I've seen what can happen when you put Todd Hailey in charge of an offense ran by a bad QB,....yes!!! things could get worse Undecided but if it's already time to think rebuilding (and their defense isn't working like it used to) then those 2 first round picks would be invaluable. But I don't know if Big Ben is too old, or if HE should be traded. Are you talking about getting Schaub (or someone else) to be the fall guy, & take hits until their O-line is worth a damn? That'd be a shit job Tongue

The Steelers are old (oldest average age in the league) they have lost a step and are bereft of talent. In addition to Todd Haley bringing the worst offensive package ever they need some fresh young talent. Doing this would say to steelers nation we are rebuilding for the future but the present is going to suck. 2 1st round picks would be a fair deal for Big Ben and would let the Steelers restock the pantry.

For Houston they get a 2 time Super bowl winning QB and a definite step up at their weakest position. It is a win now move and with the AFC in the state it is in could put them in the running for the Super Bowl. Give Big Ben the weapons and protection that Houston has and he would probably put up career numbers.

If you were the GM of either team would you pull the trigger on this deal. I think I would if I was the Texans but am not sure if Pittsburgh is willing to swallow it's pride and admit it is no longer among the elite teams in the league.

I agree it'd be a good move for the Texans, and if I were the GM for Houston, I'd jump on it! Though, speaking of swallowing pride = I think it would take an entire 16 game season's worth of disappointment to spur the Texans into making that trade! I don't see them giving up on Schaub just yet, for good or ill!