Should the muslim population of Europe be reduced?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2015, 12:20 AM
RE: Should the muslim population of Europe be reduced?
(08-01-2015 11:53 PM)morondog Wrote:  I just had a thought... why is it that every solution to cruelty seems to involve more cruelty? It *doesn't fucken work*. I kinda get it. Revenge is a human instinct. But IMO the only way to counter cruelty is with lurve...

[Image: Cheer_Bear.jpg]

Deporting people will only make you more enemies.

How would that work in this situation exactly? A monthly offering of cartoonists to sate their appetite for petty, pointless murder?

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2015, 12:27 AM
(09-01-2015 12:20 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  
(08-01-2015 11:53 PM)morondog Wrote:  I just had a thought... why is it that every solution to cruelty seems to involve more cruelty? It *doesn't fucken work*. I kinda get it. Revenge is a human instinct. But IMO the only way to counter cruelty is with lurve...

[Image: Cheer_Bear.jpg]

Deporting people will only make you more enemies.

How would that work in this situation exactly? A monthly offering of cartoonists to sate their appetite for petty, pointless murder?

... How about not proposing douchey things like deportation? I'm not advocating giving these murderers a free pass, but I *am* considering TGAC's "Muslim problem", which is a problem IMO largely because everyone's doing the us and them dance.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
09-01-2015, 12:44 AM
Thought-provoking take on the problem.

"Ultimately, this is an intra-Muslim struggle for power and control wrapped in a debate over what it means to be a Muslim in today’s world and what the boundaries of justifiable action are. Defining those factors is one tool that can be used to gain power; attacks against the West and its interests, meant to force Westerners to pull out of Muslim lands or to attack Muslims and enforce the jihadist narrative, are another. This issue undermines efforts by moderate and progressive Muslims to advance the notion of freedoms based on an Islamic ethos.”

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/heres-w...2015-01-08

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
09-01-2015, 12:50 AM
(09-01-2015 12:27 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(09-01-2015 12:20 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  How would that work in this situation exactly? A monthly offering of cartoonists to sate their appetite for petty, pointless murder?

... How about not proposing douchey things like deportation? I'm not advocating giving these murderers a free pass, but I *am* considering TGAC's "Muslim problem", which is a problem IMO largely because everyone's doing the us and them dance.

I'm not really pushing for the deportation thing either. I just genuinely cannot think of a way to respond that isn't "cruel" (at least to people as ridiculously sensitive as them).

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
09-01-2015, 12:57 AM
After the Charlie Hebdo attack, I wouldn't mind reducing the Muslim population of Europe by three.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
09-01-2015, 01:24 AM
It should be, but people will just compare you to Hitler if you suggest it because everyone thinks Islam is a race. You can reduce Islam by educating people with reality rather than letting them go to muslim-only schools where they learn such things as 'Islam needs to take over the world' and 'the world sprung out of nowhere a few thousand years ago' and 'scientists are satan's pixies!'

It would help if people who walk around with signs demanding that everyone convert to islam or die, or who plan terrorist attacks, or who preach bizarre racist sermons, were deported, but that will probably not happen because "omg u racist".

It's funny the reason that is often given as an argument against sending islamic extremists back to their own countries is that their home countries are violent hell holes. "Islam is the religion of peace, therefore we can't send these islamic extremists back to those dangerous, backwards muslim countries they came from!" Well done.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
09-01-2015, 01:25 AM
(09-01-2015 12:50 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  I'm not really pushing for the deportation thing either. I just genuinely cannot think of a way to respond that isn't "cruel" (at least to people as ridiculously sensitive as them).

... Maybe by making it clear that Muslims are not the enemy but extremism is? Sure, can be hard when people are over sensitive but... it's not like proposing something different (and more compassionate) than deportation - a "solution" which will cause even more problems - is *hard*.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
09-01-2015, 04:24 AM
(09-01-2015 01:25 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(09-01-2015 12:50 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  I'm not really pushing for the deportation thing either. I just genuinely cannot think of a way to respond that isn't "cruel" (at least to people as ridiculously sensitive as them).

... Maybe by making it clear that Muslims are not the enemy but extremism is? Sure, can be hard when people are over sensitive but... it's not like proposing something different (and more compassionate) than deportation - a "solution" which will cause even more problems - is *hard*.

Extremism is not the problem.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
09-01-2015, 06:45 AM
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that." Martin Luther King, Jr

You don't fix the problem with deportation and bombing the piss out of their countries. You fix it with education and compassion. Empower their women with an education and skill sets, and they'd have a much harder time enforcing their oppression.

I would be okay with requiring *all* school age children to go to public school, where they are exposed to their neighbors of diverse backgrounds, sciences, philosophy, etc. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression there are Islamic schools and neighborhoods in France. Maybe they should look at mandatory integration with schools, perhaps? I would think it would benefit everyone. Don't let them isolate themselves where they can breed hate and intolerance.

One of the towns I lived in as a girl was quite racist (think I've mentioned that before, hell, they hated me because my accent wasn't "southern" enough". No fun to have your *only* friend be so emotionally disturbed she refused to talk). It was almost entirely white, with a migrant farmer Hispanic population. From my personal experience, the more integrated societies tend to be less racist, as well as friendlier. It's much harder to hate someone when you get to know them as a person, identify with their character, and not the color of their skin or their religion or their nationality.

Learning about standing up for equality was actually a HUGE part of the Alabama State history lesson plans. Learning about MLK and Rosa Parks had a monumental effect on how I view and treat others, that, and knowing what it's like to be treated poorly because of being "different." Even in Virginia the suburb I lived in was mostly segregated. It wasn't until I was 14 and living in North Alabama that I went to a school rich with diversity - multiple races, religions, and every rung of the socioeconomic ladder. Despite most of my experiences being with mostly white people until that point, I was fortunate enough to have an education that taught the importance of judging a person by the content of their character, not the color of their skin.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 6 users Like Nurse's post
09-01-2015, 10:13 AM
I also think mandatory integration of schooling k-12 would educate all ethnicities and create a more comfortable and more bonded citizenry... in any city.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post