Should the muslim population of Europe be reduced?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2015, 04:08 PM
RE: Should the muslim population of Europe be reduced?
(10-01-2015 03:19 PM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  
(09-01-2015 05:20 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  He also needs to precisely define "radical beliefs" (because you can't say who has them unless you can say what they are). Good luck with that.

Sorry, here: http://www.pewforum.org/files/2013/04/wo...report.pdf

That was interesting, thanks. But I can't find where it supports your claim. Only a few countries support suicide bombing in defense of Islam at levels of >25%: Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Egypt and the Palestinian Territory. The report actually makes the counterclaim that "Extremism [is] Widely Rejected".

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2015, 04:37 PM
(10-01-2015 04:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-01-2015 03:19 PM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  Sorry, here: http://www.pewforum.org/files/2013/04/wo...report.pdf

That was interesting, thanks. But I can't find where it supports your claim. Only a few countries support suicide bombing in defense of Islam at levels of >25%: Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Egypt and the Palestinian Territory. The report actually makes the counterclaim that "Extremism [is] Widely Rejected".

Yeah I support the counterclaim also that it is widely rejected however having radical beliefs and actually being an extremist differs. The definition of "radical beliefs" I'm referring to are literal/fundamentalist beliefs, such as apostasy = death, adultery = immoral, chopping off hands of thieves etc. This altogether makes radical beliefs circa 25%. I hope so anyway, I asked a friend to work it out so I'll look stupid now, doh. Now, I know the same (maybe more) percent of other religions also hold radical beliefs, but the danger is that Islam has one core difference which is the idea of Jihad.

What jihad means is debated among muslims BUT it is generally referred to as the struggle against oppression. Sounds all fine, but the concept of jihad considers a secular society to be oppressive. For example, if somebody thieves from a muslim they would expect the state to cut off hands as justice according to sharia. Obviously this doesn't happen in western societies - oppression. Jihad is permitted. Although most reject these radical beliefs it must be noted that it is still a large number of muslims who feel obliged to carry out jihad in situations like this. With their population growing, the percentages MIGHT stay roughly the same (i'd expect it to go down with more secular minded generations of muslims), if the percentage does stay the same it means the number of incidents like paris attacks will increase.

The cutting off hands law (don't know if it has a specific name) is just an example. I hope all that made sense, I'm pretty shit at english and often doubt I make sense after I finish writing!

Incidentally, my grandfather suggests that the muslims he grew up with in Britain were actually amazing people. He describes them as I see Sikhs now. (I live in a VERY multicultural area). Always giving things away, helping the needy, volunteer work etc. Contrary to this he says the youth seem far more radicalized.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
10-01-2015, 05:25 PM
People can use religious texts to justify doing some fucked up shit.
Jihad is a part of Islamic doctrine that I find very disturbing. Where do you draw the line when it's in God's name.
10-01-2015, 06:16 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2015 06:26 PM by kim.)
(09-01-2015 01:37 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Funny thing is... Al Qaeda wants you to think this. They want you to attack muslims, so that muslims will attack you.

What Muslim wants to attack? Maybe ...
[Image: Ahmed-Merabet-010_zpsdc29288f.jpg]
this Muslim?

People who think, are people who can reason and communicate.

People who's minds are clouded with obsessive delusion become murderous thugs.

Just because someone is born into a Muslim family doesn't mean they are faithful to Islam.
I might even go so far as to say, just because someone is faithful to Islam, it doesn't mean they are extreme in their views or even uphold a strict dogma.

It is the extremist faction of every religion that is most apt to lose their mind in obsessive delusion and kill.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
10-01-2015, 06:30 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2015 07:23 PM by SunnyD1.)
What I wrote before this edit is mistaken.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.