Should the word "creature" be banned from public schools?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1.5 Average
30-07-2013, 05:16 PM
RE: Should the word "creature" be banned from public schools?
(30-07-2013 02:43 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  And you sir.....are a fuddy-duddy.

Can we take a moment of silence for whatever the fuck a fuddy-duddy is?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Ferdinand's post
30-07-2013, 05:22 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuddy-duddy
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
30-07-2013, 05:23 PM
I must say....it doesn't fit.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
30-07-2013, 06:26 PM
Just....WHY?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-07-2013, 07:01 PM
(30-07-2013 01:18 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Just asking because "creature" implies the organism was created....possibly by God. By using that word, aren't we indoctrinating our children with religion?

Oh my god, you are completely right on this one! I can't believe I never saw the connection before. We should also ban the word "belt" because it may make children think of the Bible Belt and the obvious religious connotation. They should be banned from using terms like "gee" and "omg" due to their truncation of religious names. Cheerleaders should be banned from yelling "rah" because it sounds like Ra. There should be no astronomy classes since most of our planets and moons are named after gods. There should be no classes on Thursday since it's named after Thor. Finally, no schools should have any windows facing east, to ensure that no one pray that direction.

What a douche creature.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 4 users Like Jeffasaurus's post
31-07-2013, 06:18 PM
(30-07-2013 01:18 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Just asking because "creature" implies the organism was created....possibly by God. By using that word, aren't we indoctrinating our children with religion?

If we're removing everything with a theistic connotation, I think we'd have to toss out a good chunk of the English language.

I Will have My revenge on AlternateHistory.com, in this life or the next Evil_monster

~WrappedInShadows (AKA Me)
31-07-2013, 11:00 PM

I know your point here is sarcastic, but your argument implies that you understand that indoctrinating school children with religion is wrong. While no word should be "banned from school", we ought not to indoctrinate school children with religion. When you get angry and fume about public prayers being banned from school, think about how you'd feel if the prayers were directed at Allah. How would you feel if, instead of the 10 commandments on a school wall, you found verses from the Qur'an?

We can only have freedom of religion if we aren't forced to practice someone else's religious rituals.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-08-2013, 04:05 AM
Creature is an awesome word. We must promote it as much as possible.

Religious pansies can not be allowed to ban it.Cool
[+] 1 user Likes Juv's post
01-08-2013, 04:26 AM
Yes it MUST be banned, and banned as soon as possible.
Any use of the word should be severely punished with solitary confinement of at least 25 years, in maximum security, without the possibility of parole. Anyone heard using it must be reported to the word police. Repeated use of it should result in elinguation, and the Holy Bible states : Proverbs 10:31 "The mouth of the just bringeth forth wisdom: but the froward tongue shall be cut out."

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
01-08-2013, 04:38 AM
(01-08-2013 04:26 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Yes it MUST be banned, and banned as soon as possible.
Any use of the word should be severely punished with solitary confinement of at least 25 years, in maximum security, without the possibility of parole. Anyone heard using it must be reported to the word police. Repeated use of it should result in elinguation, and the Holy Bible states : Proverbs 10:31 "The mouth of the just bringeth forth wisdom: but the froward tongue shall be cut out."
No fun.