Should there be a time limit for threads.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2014, 06:07 PM
RE: Should there be a time limit for threads.
(23-05-2014 05:47 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(23-05-2014 05:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  People here enjoy it. That makes it important. If it's not important to you, don't open it.

Oh I mean not to me, I mean like the threads that are labeled important. If this is the case we should then extend the span on how long it takes before a thread is closed.

Why do you think regular threads should be closed? The threads that usually get closed are problem threads or announcement threads that require no response.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2014, 06:09 PM
(23-05-2014 06:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(23-05-2014 05:47 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Oh I mean not to me, I mean like the threads that are labeled important. If this is the case we should then extend the span on how long it takes before a thread is closed.

Why do you think regular threads should be closed? The threads that usually get closed are problem threads or announcement threads that require no response.

I know which is why I said extended time. Maybe threads from about a year and a half ago with no responses for about a year and a half?Consider

[Image: hyena_icon_large_by_griffsnuff-d3juy9l.gif] All request for metazoa info and my larger projects should be sent PM
23-05-2014, 08:04 PM
Nah. Every idea is worth exploring if someone is interested in doing so. Doesn't matter how long it takes, so I think we should let all of the ideas presented here throughout the years be left open for discussion at any time.

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
23-05-2014, 08:14 PM
(23-05-2014 03:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-05-2014 03:01 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Just wondering. It is weird when necro-threads are brought back to life. So should there be a time limit. Maybe 2 months of no reply and the thread will automatically close? Just an idea.

No.

There is nothing inherently wrong with thread resurrection.

...other than making people look stupid arguing with ghosts. Angel

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
23-05-2014, 08:20 PM
Re: RE: Should there be a time limit for threads.
(23-05-2014 08:14 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(23-05-2014 03:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  No.

I'm fine with it. Better than people praying to ghosts.

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
23-05-2014, 08:22 PM
I think I float around about 20 message boards and most of them treat necro posting as some type of great evil. I've never understood the logic. I don't see how it really hurts anybody when someone else wants to post in an old thread, and atleast it isn't forgotten about. You might get your occassional weirdo responding to someone that asked a question 5 years ago, but that's kinda funny IMO.

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
23-05-2014, 08:23 PM
No. We don't need a proliferation of unnecessary rules. If someone is searching for an old topic, and wants to comment, then keeping it in the context of the prior discussion is much better than people saying "We already covered that *here*, and referencing the link.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Political skeptic .. if there is a bad reason something bad might have happened, you can bet your ass, that's why it happened.
23-05-2014, 08:25 PM
(23-05-2014 08:14 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(23-05-2014 03:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  No.

Yabut, that's on them. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
23-05-2014, 08:27 PM
(23-05-2014 08:23 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No. We don't need a proliferation of unnecessary rules. If someone is searching for an old topic, and wants to comment, then keeping it in the context of the prior discussion is much better than people saying "We already covered that *here*, and referencing the link.

Of course, if it happens too often, it could trigger the zombie apocalypse. So, there's that. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
23-05-2014, 08:29 PM
(23-05-2014 08:22 PM)Elskidor Wrote:  I think I float around about 20 message boards and most of them treat necro posting as some type of great evil. I've never understood the logic. I don't see how it really hurts anybody when someone else wants to post in an old thread, and atleast it isn't forgotten about. You might get your occassional weirdo responding to someone that asked a question 5 years ago, but that's kinda funny IMO.

Its funny when said person is either banned or unregistered.

[Image: hyena_icon_large_by_griffsnuff-d3juy9l.gif] All request for metazoa info and my larger projects should be sent PM