Should violent criminals be castrated?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-02-2013, 10:36 PM
RE: Should violent criminals be castrated?
(25-02-2013 10:15 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Zactly. So what to do? Do we wait around to get cancer and then try to fix it or do we avoid things that cause cancer in order to prevent it?

Of course not. Let's do some research first to fix the problem. I may not know how to fix this problem, but I do want it fixed. Correctly.

No Gods Or Kings. Only Man.

http://www.youtube.com/user/EuclidsParadox?feature=mhee
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-02-2013, 10:47 PM
"Of course not. Let's do some research first to fix the problem. I may
not know how to fix this problem, but I do want it fixed. Correctly."

That research has been in process for years now. Sigmund Freud made some breakthrough discoveries but he bailed out when he had apply his findings to his own past.

Here's a thread on the topic:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ion--14629

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-02-2013, 11:18 PM
Nah. Televised blood sport. American Gladiator for reals. Make money off of 'em rather than having them cost us money. I'm only partially kidding. Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
25-02-2013, 11:41 PM
(25-02-2013 11:18 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Nah. Televised blood sport. American Gladiator for reals. Make money off of 'em rather than having them cost us money. I'm only partially kidding. Angel
Spoken like a true Carlin fan. Big Grin

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
26-02-2013, 02:46 AM
To those who think that some may deserve it - like others on these boards have pointed out, castration doesn't really prevent sexual crimes, neither those of paedophiles nor of ordinary rapists. I'm sure I don't need to explain to anyone how someone can be raped even by an impotent man/or by a woman (which is not what castration causes anyway).

But hey, high horses are fun, aren't they?

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
26-02-2013, 10:19 AM
In the situation of rape or molestation, I could see a fracture or castration of a penis okay. Because it was used in the offense.

But if we are talking about thievery, I say we cut off their hand.
Perjury, cut out their tongue.
Murder, death.

Castration seems like a bit much if it wasn't used in the offense.

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

26-02-2013, 10:24 AM
Castration is wrong, no matter what the offence.

By that logic we'll still be cutting off hands for thievery and will have the death penalty all over the world, instead of just in countries which refuse to join the rest of the world in the 21st century.

26-02-2013, 10:39 AM
I have a friend who feels that violent criminals should be used for medical/science testing. *shrug*

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
26-02-2013, 10:42 AM
(26-02-2013 10:39 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I have a friend who feels that violent criminals should be used for medical/science testing. *shrug*
Yeah, 'cause that worked out great for the Japanese. No offence, hobbitgirlie, but some people are a waste of skin.

26-02-2013, 10:44 AM
(26-02-2013 10:42 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(26-02-2013 10:39 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I have a friend who feels that violent criminals should be used for medical/science testing. *shrug*
Yeah, 'cause that worked out great for the Japanese. No offence, hobbitgirlie, but some people are a waste of skin.
Yeah. She's a very harsh kind of person. But I wouldn't call her a waste of skin. Kind of an uninformed statement. Shes been my best friend since I was 14. I'd hate for her to be leader of anything however. lol.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard