Should violent criminals be castrated?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-02-2013, 10:46 AM
Re: Should violent criminals be castrated?
It actually did work out for finding out info on the human biology. It's just not very respectable, But if you're willing to castrate a man...

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
26-02-2013, 10:48 AM
RE: Should violent criminals be castrated?
(26-02-2013 10:46 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  It actually did work out for finding out info on the human biology. It's just not very respectable, But if you're willing to castrate a man...
Yeah it's hard to draw a line of what is "respectable" and "acceptable" when it comes to punishment.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
26-02-2013, 11:15 AM
(26-02-2013 10:44 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Yeah. She's a very harsh kind of person. But I wouldn't call her a waste of skin. Kind of an uninformed statement. Shes been my best friend since I was 14. I'd hate for her to be leader of anything however. lol.
Technically, I didn't call her a waste of skin now, did I? Plus, if people like this are allowed to exaggerate like that (I can only hope she is exaggerating), so am I.

Also, I kinda assumed it was a guy. So much for the gentler sex Dodgy

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
26-02-2013, 11:30 AM
(26-02-2013 11:15 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(26-02-2013 10:44 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Yeah. She's a very harsh kind of person. But I wouldn't call her a waste of skin. Kind of an uninformed statement. Shes been my best friend since I was 14. I'd hate for her to be leader of anything however. lol.
Technically, I didn't call her a waste of skin now, did I? Plus, if people like this are allowed to exaggerate like that (I can only hope she is exaggerating), so am I.

Also, I kinda assumed it was a guy. So much for the gentler sex Dodgy
Lol. There is certainly not a lot terribly gentle about her, she's not exaggerating. She really does feel that way.

She is a fierce friend though, I adore her. Smile

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
26-02-2013, 12:26 PM
Should violent criminals be castrated?
If everyone agrees, gimme a framing hammer and I will play Thor with the perverts. From toes to head.
Smile

Everyone has a past, in the case of rapists maybe they were a victim too. I don't care. Hitler had a harsh childhood, that doesn't give anyone a permit.

The problem relies on cases like say Michael Jackson, maybe the cases against him were fake, maybe not. So will I hammer down a man flat because of been found guilty of something he didn't do?

On the other hand, what do we do about females? I had a creepy aunty that will chase me all over the place to grab my dick when i was lil... even tho I was crying, everybody thought it was funny. Today, I call her a creep on her face and I have told my whole family what I think about that. That was wrong and if she was a man people would think different... I would have beat the shit out of her years ago but she is a woman so I can't touch her. I hate that bitch.

I Heart Qualia Soup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-02-2013, 06:12 PM
"Also, I kinda assumed it was a guy. So much for the gentler sex [Image: dodgy.gif]"

In the famous Milgram obedience experiments, women scored just as high as men in their willingness to inflict electroshock on another individual... even after being told that the individual being shocked suffered heart problems. In a later obedience study that I can't recall at the moment, the ladies scored about 20% higher than the men.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
26-02-2013, 06:30 PM
bbeljefe meet [quote][/quote]
[quote][/quote] meet bbeljefe

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
26-02-2013, 09:58 PM
(26-02-2013 06:12 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  "Also, I kinda assumed it was a guy. So much for the gentler sex [Image: dodgy.gif]"

In the famous Milgram obedience experiments, women scored just as high as men in their willingness to inflict electroshock on another individual... even after being told that the individual being shocked suffered heart problems. In a later obedience study that I can't recall at the moment, the ladies scored about 20% higher than the men.
I see a huge difference between normal people, in a lab, being asked to do weird things to each other for the sake of science....and a serial rapist.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
26-02-2013, 10:07 PM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2013 10:13 PM by Cardinal Smurf.)
(26-02-2013 02:46 AM)Vera Wrote:  To those who think that some may deserve it - like others on these boards have pointed out, castration doesn't really prevent sexual crimes, neither those of paedophiles nor of ordinary rapists. I'm sure I don't need to explain to anyone how someone can be raped even by an impotent man/or by a woman (which is not what castration causes anyway).

But hey, high horses are fun, aren't they?
OK, I went and looked at the thread you linked. I saw claims, perhaps I missed citations? What I've read so far (sure, superficial at best) seems to indicate more controversy surrounding the effectiveness of castration as a means of reducing or removing libido. I see nowhere where it's been proven to the level of confidence you guys seem to have in it that castration does not remove libido, nor that the current methods of chemical castration (Alan Turing died in 1954, Girly) are ineffective or completely unsafe. There are recorded side effects, yes. But I'm not seeing reports that point to the conclusions made in Girly or Dom's posts.

So, enlighten me. What am I missing?

EDIT: Just read more about Alan Turing's death. Doesn't sound like even those who were close to him were blaming the estrogen treatments as the cause of his (currently) alleged suicide. But, it doesn't sound like we continue to use such a method today anyway. Unless I am mistaken about the nature of Depo-Provera or cyproterone acetate.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
26-02-2013, 10:21 PM
"I see a huge difference between normal people, in a lab, being asked to
do weird things to each other for the sake of science....and a serial
rapist."

Me too but thanks for pointing that out.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb