Should we ban glitter?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-11-2017, 03:08 PM
Should we ban glitter?
Scientist say so. It's bad for fish and the environment.

https://www.livescience.com/61060-global...r-ban.html

Lots of stuff has glitter on it. At least a third of my Christmas tree ornaments have a little glitter on it. Weeping

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
30-11-2017, 03:10 PM
RE: Should we ban glitter?
(30-11-2017 03:08 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Scientist say so. It's bad for fish and the environment.

Lots of stuff has glitter on it. At least a third of my Christmas tree ornaments have a little glitter on it. Weeping

Made me think there was a user on here named Glitter

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 5 users Like JDog554's post
30-11-2017, 03:10 PM
I don't think I have anything with glitter Consider ...other than maybe some old eye shadow that I bought for New Year's Eve one year.
30-11-2017, 03:13 PM
To answer, glitter looks pretty but can be a pain in the ass to clean up when it gets everywhere. I don't think it should be banned though. I think there are things that do a lot more damage than glitter.

(30-11-2017 03:10 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I don't think I have anything with glitter

Your smile Big Grin ok I am gonna stop now lol

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
30-11-2017, 03:21 PM
Oh noes. Do I have anything without glitter ?
Just kidding ... I doubt I have anything .. the bunnies would eat it

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein It is objectively immoral to kill innocent babies. Please stick to the guilty babies.
30-11-2017, 03:24 PM
(30-11-2017 03:08 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Scientist say so. It's bad for fish and the environment.

It’s not like they’d make you get rid of your ornaments.

I stopped, personally, buying anything with glitter on it years ago. I don’t and refuse to buy glitter in any form.

The shit just gets everywhere. I think it should be banned. I also think they should stop making plastic bottles and bags too, but that’s a different issue.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
30-11-2017, 03:27 PM

There's lots of shit we should ban, but if we keep burning fossil fuels none of that other banning will mean shit.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
30-11-2017, 04:24 PM
Glitter is the herpes of the art world. Once you have it you can never get rid of it and will end up giving it to all your friends.

That said, a plastic cup full of glitter placed atop a rat trap strategically placed in the Oval Office...

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
30-11-2017, 04:28 PM
(30-11-2017 03:27 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  

There's lots of shit we should ban, but if we keep burning fossil fuels none of that other banning will mean shit.

I don’t disagree. But what good will any of it do, if we don’t change our habits? Change like this never happens from the top down, it must come from the ground up.

In other words if enough people stop buying cars with low gas mileage, the auto manufacturers will fall in line.

If everyone became aware about things like glitter then they’d stop buying them. Guess what? It wouldn’t need to be officially banned, it would just fall away.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

30-11-2017, 04:28 PM
(30-11-2017 03:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

It’s not like they’d make you get rid of your ornaments.

I stopped, personally, buying anything with glitter on it years ago. I don’t and refuse to buy glitter in any form.

The shit just gets everywhere. I think it should be banned. I also think they should stop making plastic bottles and bags too, but that’s a different issue.

When my youngest daughter was 3 or 4 there was nothing she liked better that something shiny and sparkly. She collected shiny stuff and kept it in a special box. The box was shiny too. I guess people over the millennia have loved sparkly things. Hence, diamonds, gold, silver and the like, but yeah glitter is messy stuff. It's in a lot of makeup now and that stuff gets washed down the sink.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.