Poll: Should we have a "Christian Theology" sub-forum?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Should we have a "Christian Theology" sub-forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2012, 01:30 PM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2012 01:42 PM by kingschosen.)
Should we have a "Christian Theology" sub-forum?
Since the majority of TTA is either a recovering Christian or a Christian, I think it would be a good idea to have a "Christian Theology" sub-forum under The Heavy Stuff forum.

This forum would differ from the A&T forum because it would be for specifically discussing the thousands of different theologies set up by Christians. Since it is a Christian themed forum, the Bible would be an authority; however, this would also provide a specific place to debate the Bible's claims.

I think this would also be a good draw (and maybe a little more inviting) for new Christians that come to TTA.

Examples of discussion would be:

Doctrine of Election vs Doctrine of Freewill
Differing views on origins
Differing views on the end times
Different Bible translations
Canonized books vs non-canonized books
Traditional denominations vs non-traditional
Christian views on homosexuality
etc, etc, etc

Again, this forum would be for specifically discussing Christian Theology; nothing else. The A&T forum covers everything under the sun when it comes to atheism and theism.

Thoughts?

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2012, 01:46 PM
RE: Should we have a "Christian Theology" sub-forum?
A & T covers it IMO. You practically own A & T anyway. I vote against Wink Also I don't like the idea of saying "you have to take the Bible as an authority as given". *You* can answer, you yourself, with that caveat, as you did in the Ask a Theist thread, but please no imposing restrictions on others hmmm? By all means start a *thread* exploring the diff between the different brands of crazy, but unless there can be shown to be a need a whole new sub forum seems a bit much? Plus I see the same thing happening as happened with TT&TOT and Casual coffeehouse.

Hope I wasn't too harsh Smile
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
29-03-2012, 01:47 PM
Perhaps a subforum to "Atheism and Theism"?

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-03-2012, 01:49 PM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2012 01:50 PM by kingschosen.)
(29-03-2012 01:46 PM)morondog Wrote:  A & T covers it IMO. You practically own A & T anyway. I vote against Wink Also I don't like the idea of saying "you have to take the Bible as an authority as given". *You* can answer, you yourself, with that caveat, as you did in the Ask a Theist thread, but please no imposing restrictions on others hmmm? By all means start a *thread* exploring the diff between the different brands of crazy, but unless there can be shown to be a need a whole new sub forum seems a bit much? Plus I see the same thing happening as happened with TT&TOT and Casual coffeehouse.

Hope I wasn't too harsh Smile
Nah, dude, I always appreciate your input.

And, the only reason I said that the Bible would be an authority (besides the threads challenging the Bible) would be because Christians generally view the Bible as an authority; as such, since it's a Christian Theology forum, the Bible would be authoritative to that theology.

Does that make sense?

(29-03-2012 01:47 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Perhaps a subforum to "Atheism and Theism"?
That's a good idea as well.

Can we sub a sub-forum though?

29-03-2012, 01:51 PM
(29-03-2012 01:49 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Nah, dude, I always appreciate your input.

And, the only reason I said that the Bible would be an authority (besides the threads challenging the Bible) would be because Christians generally view the Bible as an authority; as such, since it's a Christian Theology forum, the Bible would be authoritative to that theology.

Does that make sense?
No, but nothing you say makes sense Big Grin I think I maybe get where you're coming from now. Somewhere where something like Kineo's links to the Augustine and Pelagius stuff could be posted, so people are well up on what the different ideas are. Think I could get behind that.
29-03-2012, 02:05 PM
(29-03-2012 01:51 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(29-03-2012 01:49 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Nah, dude, I always appreciate your input.

Does that make sense?
No, but nothing you say makes sense Big Grin I think I maybe get where you're coming from now. Somewhere where something like Kineo's links to the Augustine and Pelagius stuff could be posted, so people are well up on what the different ideas are. Think I could get behind that.
Yeah, it would be a place and resource where Christian theologies could be fleshed out and discussed.

Usually, theological discussion happens randomly in a thread and then gets lost.

29-03-2012, 02:25 PM
(29-03-2012 01:49 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(29-03-2012 01:47 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Perhaps a subforum to "Atheism and Theism"?
That's a good idea as well.

I believe you can, but if you're just asking if we can make "Christian Theology" a sub-forum to "Atheism and Theism", I know we can. That's not a sub-forum.

- Terry Pratchett
29-03-2012, 02:28 PM
(29-03-2012 02:25 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(29-03-2012 01:49 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  That's a good idea as well.

I believe you can, but if you're just asking if we can make "Christian Theology" a sub-forum to "Atheism and Theism", I know we can. That's not a sub-forum.
Wait... I thought A&T was a sub of Heavy Stuff.

29-03-2012, 02:32 PM
(29-03-2012 02:28 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(29-03-2012 02:25 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  I believe you can, but if you're just asking if we can make "Christian Theology" a sub-forum to "Atheism and Theism", I know we can. That's not a sub-forum.
Wait... I thought A&T was a sub of Heavy Stuff.

Heavy Stuff isn't a forum in and of itself. It's just a label for a group of them. You can't actually post threads in it.

- Terry Pratchett
29-03-2012, 02:34 PM
(29-03-2012 02:32 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(29-03-2012 02:28 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Wait... I thought A&T was a sub of Heavy Stuff.

Heavy Stuff isn't a forum in and of itself. It's just a label for a group of them. You can't actually post threads in it.
You are correct. I'm an idiot.