Poll: Should we have a "Christian Theology" sub-forum?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Should we have a "Christian Theology" sub-forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2012, 07:40 PM
RE: Should we have a "Christian Theology" sub-forum?
I know I'm usually glib, but this is for real:
I'm actually offended you suggested the idea.

I'm not for censorship, but this is not a theology forum, this is a fucking atheist forum. Why the fuck do I want to discuss how many angels can dance on the head of a pin? We get enough of that shit as it is.

Otherwise, I'm pretty apathetic. Let the forum gods do what they will.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2012, 07:46 PM
To give an example of subforum, I moved creationism into Atheism/Theism. It can be moved back any time, so relax!

Now you can imagine the forum being added to this as a sub-category.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
29-03-2012, 08:07 PM
(29-03-2012 07:40 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I know I'm usually glib, but this is for real:
I'm actually offended you suggested the idea.

I'm not for censorship, but this is not a theology forum, this is a fucking atheist forum. Why the fuck do I want to discuss how many angels can dance on the head of a pin? We get enough of that shit as it is.

Otherwise, I'm pretty apathetic. Let the forum gods do what they will.

How dare you. Did you know that the dancing on the head of a pin thingy is now a Quantum Gravity topic ?

http://www.improb.com/airchives/paperair...ls-7-3.htm Weeping

It would be useful to debunk stuff.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
29-03-2012, 08:53 PM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2012 08:54 PM by Anjele.)
(29-03-2012 04:40 PM)kineo Wrote:  I don't know... I'm sort of on board, but skeptical. I guess I need more information.

I don't mind having a place where people can learn about what Christianity is and all of the different sects, history, etc. This is all useful information in debating Christians, especially when it includes secular sources.

But I don't really want to see a forum where we can't debate Christianity, or where religion gets a free pass. Is that what you're suggesting?
(29-03-2012 04:40 PM)kineo Wrote:  I like learning about the different beliefs. There are some podcasts I have listened to about the Mormons. I used to work with a woman who was struggling to escape the JWs. I learned so much from her that I didn't know before. I agree that it's good to know where people are coming from in their particular flavor of Christianity (or whatever) it makes it easier to know what you are dealing with when talking to them regarding religious belief and lack thereof. I grew up around all Catholics and we sure weren't taught anything about other religious teachings. I am ignorant on these things and would like to learn more.

Where they hell did that snip come from? Damnit!

...good to know what...

that part was snipped...

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
29-03-2012, 08:59 PM
(29-03-2012 08:53 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(29-03-2012 04:40 PM)kineo Wrote:  I don't know... I'm sort of on board, but skeptical. I guess I need more information.

I don't mind having a place where people can learn about what Christianity is and all of the different sects, history, etc. This is all useful information in debating Christians, especially when it includes secular sources.

But I don't really want to see a forum where we can't debate Christianity, or where religion gets a free pass. Is that what you're suggesting?
(29-03-2012 04:40 PM)kineo Wrote:  I like learning about the different beliefs. There are some podcasts I have listened to about the Mormons. I used to work with a woman who was struggling to escape the JWs. I learned so much from her that I didn't know before. I agree that it's good to know where people are coming from in their particular flavor of Christianity (or whatever) it makes it easier to know what you are dealing with when talking to them regarding religious belief and lack thereof. I grew up around all Catholics and we sure weren't taught anything about other religious teachings. I am ignorant on these things and would like to learn more.

...good to know what...

that part was snipped...

Click on the snip. It expands.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
29-03-2012, 09:00 PM
(29-03-2012 08:59 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

...good to know what...

that part was snipped...

Thumbsup

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
29-03-2012, 09:01 PM
(29-03-2012 08:59 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

...good to know what...

that part was snipped...

That's what she said. Blush

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
29-03-2012, 09:02 PM

...good to know what...

that part was snipped...

Woah, I didn't write that second quote. I'm confused. Confused
29-03-2012, 09:15 PM
(29-03-2012 02:34 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  You are correct. I'm an idiot.

I just wanted to highlight that part. Tongue

No. One conspiracy theory forum is enough.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
29-03-2012, 09:19 PM
(29-03-2012 09:15 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(29-03-2012 02:34 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  You are correct. I'm an idiot.

I just wanted to highlight that part. Tongue

No. One conspiracy theory forum is enough.
[Image: RVa0e.gif]

~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post