Should we pass a law to euthanize morons after they reveal themselves?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-08-2017, 08:58 AM
RE: Should we pass a law to euthanize morons after they reveal themselves?
Wait...I must be bored. I replied to it...

Of course it does keep me away from the political topics. Smile

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-08-2017, 05:34 PM
(27-08-2017 08:57 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  Of course if you follow that slippery slope all the way, you end up believing that aborting females is a good idea in order to control the population and/or sterilizing those deemed unfit.

It seems to me that if I wanted to properly control the population, I would abort/sterilize the genetically unfit males.

#sigh
27-08-2017, 05:36 PM
(26-08-2017 08:15 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Someone being a moron is subjective.

We have established objective criteria for morons.

#sigh
27-08-2017, 05:57 PM
(27-08-2017 08:57 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  What was that science fiction movie where reaching the age of 30 sent one to the.... what? That I think was the name of the movie.

Logan's Run.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
27-08-2017, 08:01 PM
(27-08-2017 05:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-08-2017 08:57 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  Of course if you follow that slippery slope all the way, you end up believing that aborting females is a good idea in order to control the population and/or sterilizing those deemed unfit.

It seems to me that if I wanted to properly control the population, I would abort/sterilize the genetically unfit males.

The Nazis implemented that during their heyday.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
27-08-2017, 08:14 PM (This post was last modified: 27-08-2017 08:17 PM by GirlyMan.)
(27-08-2017 08:01 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(27-08-2017 05:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  It seems to me that if I wanted to properly control the population, I would abort/sterilize the genetically unfit males.

The Nazis implemented that during their heyday.

One thing I never hear the Nazis accused of being is stupid. More like reason gone mad. Math and science in the hands of very bad and very capable men. A cautionary tale in my mind to be careful not to elevate reason above more fundamental common concerns which require no analytical treatment to discern their truth.

“In choosing your god, you choose your way of looking at the universe. There are plenty of Gods. Choose yours. The god you worship is the god you deserve." - Joseph Campbell

I suggest we are capable of choosing wisely. ... but it's still an open question and remains to be seen.

#sigh
27-08-2017, 08:27 PM
(27-08-2017 08:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  One thing I never hear the Nazis accused of being is stupid. More like reason gone mad. Math and science in the hands of very bad and very capable men. A cautionary tale in my mind to be careful not to elevate reason above more fundamental common concerns which require no analytical treatment to discern their truth.

“In choosing your god, you choose your way of looking at the universe. There are plenty of Gods. Choose yours. The god you worship is the god you deserve." - Joseph Campbell

I suggest we are capable of choosing wisely. ... but it's still an open question and remains to be seen.

"To be beneficent when we can is a duty; and besides this, there are many minds so sympathetically constituted that, without any other motive of vanity or self-interest, they find a pleasure in spreading joy around them, and can take delight in the satisfaction of others so far as it is their own work. But I maintain that in such a case an action of this kind, however proper, however amiable it may be, has nevertheless no true moral worth, but is on a level with other inclinations. ... For the maxim lacks the moral import, namely, that such actions be done from duty, not from inclination."
-Kant

There is but a short step from this inhuman abomination to this. It was his "duty", after all and such "inferior" things as compassion and sympathy should never enter into anything. God, I loathe Kant.

"I had to appear cold and indifferent to events that must have wrung the heart of anyone possessed of human feelings. I might not even look away when afraid lest my natural emotions got the upper hand. I had to watch coldly, while the mothers of laughing or crying children went to the gas chambers. On one occasion two small children were so absorbed in some game that they refused to let their mother tear them away from it. Even the Jews of the Special Detachment were reluctant to pick the children up. The imploring look in the eyes of the mother, who certainly knew what was happening is something I shall never forget. The people were already in the gas chamber and becoming restive and I had to act. Everyone was looking at me. I nodded to the junior noncommissioned officer on duty and he picked up the screaming struggling children in his arms and carried them to the gas chamber, accompanied by their mother who was weeping in the most heart rending fashion. My pity was so great that I longed to vanish from the scene; yet I might not show the slightest trace of emotion."
- Rudolph Hoess

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
27-08-2017, 09:06 PM
(26-08-2017 08:15 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  The answer is "no.". Someone being a moron is subjective...

Is there any particular reason you've resurrected a thread that's nearly 4 years old FFS? Don't you think we already have a sufficient number of current threads to keep us occupied?
Half its respondents haven't posted here for years. No

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
27-08-2017, 09:23 PM
(27-08-2017 09:06 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(26-08-2017 08:15 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  The answer is "no.". Someone being a moron is subjective...

Is there any particular reason you've resurrected a thread that's nearly 4 years old FFS? Don't you think we already have a sufficient number of current threads to keep us occupied?
Half its respondents haven't posted here for years. No

Since he decided to resurrect four or so threads yesterday morning that were all from 2014 and about contentious topics, I have come to this conclusion from his posts:

He and his woman got in a fight and he got taken to jail (he said prison, I think) so he decided it's the fault of the Feminazis that he was jailed and not her...'cause that just isn't fair. Then, on his way to work he was cut off in traffic by someone driving an Audi (so the driver is probably not poor)...he needed to vent.

I know I missed some of the low points of his posting hissy fit.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
27-08-2017, 09:31 PM (This post was last modified: 27-08-2017 09:37 PM by GirlyMan.)
(27-08-2017 08:27 PM)Vera Wrote:  "To be beneficent when we can is a duty; and besides this, there are many minds so sympathetically constituted that, without any other motive of vanity or self-interest, they find a pleasure in spreading joy around them, and can take delight in the satisfaction of others so far as it is their own work. But I maintain that in such a case an action of this kind, however proper, however amiable it may be, has nevertheless no true moral worth, but is on a level with other inclinations. ... For the maxim lacks the moral import, namely, that such actions be done from duty, not from inclination."

But that's only half the full sentiment, he continues,

"Put the case that the mind of that philanthropist were clouded by sorrow of his own extinguishing all sympathy with the lot of others, and that while he still has the power to benefit others in distress, he is not touched by their trouble because he is absorbed with his own; and now suppose that he tears himself out of this dead insensibility, and performs the action without any inclination to it, but simply from duty, then first has his action its genuine moral worth."

Kant here is proposing a radically disinterested form of morality based on a sense of shared duty and creed and participation as citizens of the human race above and beyond any which could provide personal gratification or satisfaction.

I swear I just saw this not long ago on TV, .... lemme look ... there it is. Smile

"Only in darkness are we revealed. Goodness is not goodness that seeks advantage. Good is good in the final hour, in the deepest pit, without hope, without witness, without reward. Virtue is only virtue in extremis." - Moffat

#sigh