Should women be forced to sit away from men at the back of a bus?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2013, 08:53 PM
RE: Should women be forced to sit away from men at the back of a bus?
(09-05-2013 05:29 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  She should be thankful she's allowed out of the kitchen. Angry

The back might afford here more room to whip up a tasty sammich
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2013, 10:06 PM
(09-05-2013 09:43 AM)I and I Wrote:  Drinking Beverage

There is an Israeli woman on this forum named Shiranl. We should all be happy for her, soon she will not be forced to sit at the back of the bus on Israels public transportation. In Israel women are forced to sit at the back of the bus, segregated from men due to religious reasons.

Now politicians are pushing to end this old custom. Hooray for Shiranl Thumbsup

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/05/09...FC20130509

Drinking Beverage

I hope that none of you here support this segregation. Drinking Beverage

This is the kind of crap that happens when a country is founded with religion at its core. It's encouraging to see political voices supporting these changes.

Tzipi Livni is a politician with standing in Israel. It would be nice to see more countries in the Middle East show the capacity for tolerating these kinds of voices in their government.
09-05-2013, 10:32 PM
Well now this is one helluva brain teaser......

On one hand, I can side with I and I, and champion this seemingly wonderful turn of events in favor of equal rights for women. The drawback, however, is agreeing with I and I, something I avoid under most circumstances since he's a punk.

Result: A win for equal rights, horay!

On the other hand, I can agree with Muffs and BK. Problem tjere's, now I'm taking the side of a couple of assholes. Once again, a less than desirable type to be siding with.

Result: Sammiches on the bus! Horay!

Consider

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 6 users Like Stark Raving's post
10-05-2013, 07:47 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2013 08:01 AM by shiranl.)
And again I&I is distorting the reality.

There are segragated bus lines in Israel- not by law, but by outing the law. They scram, and they curse and they intimidating women when they want to sit on the front of the bus. Those bus lines exist only in religious areas of Israel, certainly not in most of Israel. I have never went on a segrageted bus line- not because I didn't want to or because I avoided it, I just didn't need it since the clear majority of Israel's public transportation ISN'T segrageted. One of the reasons I became atheist is because the uncontrolled ultra-orthodox religious people we have in Israel, it doesn't mean they are the majority or that the law backs them up or that the majority of Israelis backs them up- we don't. They are the crazy minority who thinks they are allowed to do everthing in the name of their god. And, correct if I'm wrong- isn't that a problem EVERY secular country has?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes shiranl's post
10-05-2013, 07:58 AM
(10-05-2013 07:47 AM)shiranl Wrote:  And again I&I is distorting the reality.

There are segragated bus lines in Israel- not by law, but by outing the law. They scram, and they curse and they intimidating women when they want to sit on the front of the bus. Those bus lines exist only in religious areas of Israel, certainly not in most of Israel. I have never went on a segrageted bus line- not because I didn't want to or because I avoided it, I just didn't need it since the clear majority of Israel's public transportation ISN'T segrageted. One of the reasons I became atheist is because the uncontrolled ultra-orthodox religious people we have in Israel, it doesn't mean they are the majority or that the law backs them up.

Please don't confuse him with the facts. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
10-05-2013, 08:08 AM
I gave up on confusing him with the facts.
I'm more worried about the silent people here who read his post and don't know about his tendency of distorting the reality, and they actually listen to this mambo-jambo. People like I&I must have someone to counter-attack their BS.
10-05-2013, 08:31 AM
Imagine my pleasant surprise in opening this thread and learning that I've not been lumped in with a perceived group of gullible miscreants who support all of the evil done everywhere on the planet by anyone who does evil to anyone... ever.

Smile

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
[+] 2 users Like bbeljefe's post
10-05-2013, 09:13 AM

There are segragated bus lines in Israel- not by law, but by outing the law. They scram, and they curse and they intimidating women when they want to sit on the front of the bus. Those bus lines exist only in religious areas of Israel, certainly not in most of Israel. I have never went on a segrageted bus line- not because I didn't want to or because I avoided it, I just didn't need it since the clear majority of Israel's public transportation ISN'T segrageted. One of the reasons I became atheist is because the uncontrolled ultra-orthodox religious people we have in Israel, it doesn't mean they are the majority or that the law backs them up or that the majority of Israelis backs them up- we don't. They are the crazy minority who thinks they are allowed to do everthing in the name of their god. And, correct if I'm wrong- isn't that a problem EVERY secular country has?

Not excusing InI but, it's possible his inability to relate to a larger world view, may be due to his lack of contact with a diverse population. Hopefully, his time here on our international site will be able to provide him with a wider, more accurate glimpse of humanity on the whole. I trust he is a work in progress. Shy

Nearly every secular country does have some sort of religious extremist group vying for their place in the sun. Which on one hand is fine, until their place in the sun starts infringing on someone else's place under the same sun. Our sun is 432,450 miles (696,000 kilometers)... seems big enough for everyone to share; didn't these people learn anything in primary school?

As a rule, when dealing with any religious extremist, I personally have a phrase running through the back of my mind: give them an inch and they'll take a mile. On a geopolitical level, one must consider not only one's own view but also the view of those who want and perhaps even need the mile, however deserving of it anyone thinks they may or may not be. It's a balancing act of great consideration that not everyone feels obliged to participate in.

Some people just never get it, perhaps they just don't want to. One might think with all the praying, a god might have said something about consideration. Nothing like a deficient god to keep one scrounging for that extra dollar or that extra mile; how else is one to feel worthy? Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
10-05-2013, 12:36 PM
Should women be forced to sit away from men at the back of a bus?

Israel is not a secular nation. Europeans moved there and established a nation solely because their religion says that they should live there. That is not a secular nation. Interracial/interfaith marriage is not allowed in Israel either.

And no most secular nations don't have bus lines where women aren't allowed to sit wherever they want on the bus.
10-05-2013, 12:39 PM
I read the title and thought it has to another meaningless i&i thread...

And I was right. Sad

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon