Should women be forced to sit away from men at the back of a bus?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2013, 01:11 PM
RE: Should women be forced to sit away from men at the back of a bus?
Either take it to the boxing ring, or shut your hole. Serious.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2013, 01:22 PM
(10-05-2013 12:36 PM)I and I Wrote:  Interracial/interfaith marriage is not allowed in Israel either.

This statement might be viewed as misleading.

Israel does not offer its citizens the option of civil marriage. Since 1953, the only marriages recognized as legal by the Jewish state are Orthodox Jewish marriages, and civil marriages performed outside Israel. While it does not prohibit interfaith and other religious marriages, Israel does not recognize them as legal unions.

If you are concerned about interracial/interfaith marriage not being allowed in Israel, maybe you should seek to marry a nice Jewish woman and live there, I / I. Then you can both ride the bus. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
10-05-2013, 01:54 PM
(10-05-2013 01:22 PM)kim Wrote:  
(10-05-2013 12:36 PM)I and I Wrote:  Interracial/interfaith marriage is not allowed in Israel either.

This statement might be viewed as misleading.

Israel does not offer its citizens the option of civil marriage. Since 1953, the only marriages recognized as legal by the Jewish state are Orthodox Jewish marriages, and civil marriages performed outside Israel. While it does not prohibit interfaith and other religious marriages, Israel does not recognize them as legal unions.

If you are concerned about interracial/interfaith marriage not being allowed in Israel, maybe you should seek to marry a nice Jewish woman and live there, I / I. Then you can both ride the bus. Shy

You say my post is deceiving then you go on to say exactly what I said. Drinking Beverage

Interracial/interfaith marriages are not recognized by the state just like gay marriage is not recognized here in the U.S. Sure, two people can live together and love each other, but the state will not recognize it.

And yes folks, any simple google search can bring up articles about the new legislation in Israel to stop gender segregation on PUBLIC BUSES. Shiranl tried to lie and imply that it doesn't happen on public transportation. It happens on public transportation while transportation is going through certain areas.

Shouldn't this make an atheist angry that bullshit religion can enforce bullshit practices?
10-05-2013, 02:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k37d6fiQG8s
10-05-2013, 02:19 PM
(10-05-2013 01:54 PM)I and I Wrote:  And yes folks, any simple google search can bring up articles about the new legislation in Israel to stop gender segregation on PUBLIC BUSES. Shiranl tried to lie and imply that it doesn't happen on public transportation. It happens on public transportation while transportation is going through certain areas.

Shouldn't this make an atheist angry that bullshit religion can enforce bullshit practices?

Shiranl Wrote:There are segragated bus lines in Israel- not by law, but by outing the law. They scram, and they curse and they intimidating women when they want to sit on the front of the bus. Those bus lines exist only in religious areas of Israel, certainly not in most of Israel.

Uh... who tried to lie, here? Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
10-05-2013, 02:22 PM
(10-05-2013 02:19 PM)kim Wrote:  Uh... who tried to lie, here? Undecided

Well it can't be that upstanding citizen who blew the whistle now can it ?
10-05-2013, 02:23 PM
(10-05-2013 12:36 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(10-05-2013 07:47 AM)shiranl Wrote:  And again I&I is distorting the reality.

There are segragated bus lines in Israel- not by law, but by outing the law. They scram, and they curse and they intimidating women when they want to sit on the front of the bus. Those bus lines exist only in religious areas of Israel, certainly not in most of Israel. I have never went on a segrageted bus line- not because I didn't want to or because I avoided it, I just didn't need it since the clear majority of Israel's public transportation ISN'T segrageted. One of the reasons I became atheist is because the uncontrolled ultra-orthodox religious people we have in Israel, it doesn't mean they are the majority or that the law backs them up or that the majority of Israelis backs them up- we don't. They are the crazy minority who thinks they are allowed to do everthing in the name of their god. And, correct if I'm wrong- isn't that a problem EVERY secular country has?

Israel is not a secular nation. Europeans moved there and established a nation solely because their religion says that they should live there. That is not a secular nation. Interracial/interfaith marriage is not allowed in Israel either.

And no most secular nations don't have bus lines where women aren't allowed to sit wherever they want on the bus.

So how do you call a country with a majority of non-religious people? And yes, we have a majority of non religious people in Israel.
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,...30,00.html

In Israel there are Jews from all around the world- Europe, Africa, Asia and South America.

Actually, no. We came here because everyone expelled us from where we were, and if they didn't- they treated us like a third class citizens. We had to go somewhere to save our lives, the religious backround just told us where that place should be. Or do you think you can lynch, kill and exterminate us and we won't choose to do something about it when we can? Am I historiclly incorrect when I say that the Jews were never welcomed among the non-Jewish majority?

Interracial/interfaith marriage are not performed by the rabbinical instituation in Israel, but they are allowed. They are allowed (but not recognized) when performed by non-orthodox rabbies (reform/conservative/secular), they are recognized when performed in other countries (same-sex marriage too) and they are definitely not against the law. More over, most of Israelis (about 70%) do not agree with the monoply the orthodox have on the marriage in Israel and there are multiple organizations and protests trying to change exactley that. Right now the second largest party in Israel has signed on its flag to establish civil marriage in Israel, and we have a majority of MK's who are known for their support of civil marriages.

You cannot make a simple statement on Israel's secular-religious relationship, since it is a very complicated subject that- believe me-every Israeli has a very strong opinion about it. It is the biggest internal problem Israel has, and there is no one single day it doesn't comes up on the news.
[+] 3 users Like shiranl's post
10-05-2013, 02:46 PM
Should women be forced to sit away from men at the back of a bus?
(10-05-2013 02:23 PM)shiranl Wrote:  
(10-05-2013 12:36 PM)I and I Wrote:  Israel is not a secular nation. Europeans moved there and established a nation solely because their religion says that they should live there. That is not a secular nation. Interracial/interfaith marriage is not allowed in Israel either.

And no most secular nations don't have bus lines where women aren't allowed to sit wherever they want on the bus.

So how do you call a country with a majority of non-religious people? And yes, we have a majority of non religious people in Israel.
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,...30,00.html

In Israel there are Jews from all around the world- Europe, Africa, Asia and South America.

Actually, no. We came here because everyone expelled us from where we were, and if they didn't- they treated us like a third class citizens. We had to go somewhere to save our lives, the religious backround just told us where that place should be. Or do you think you can lynch, kill and exterminate us and we won't choose to do something about it when we can? Am I historiclly incorrect when I say that the Jews were never welcomed among the non-Jewish majority?

Interracial/interfaith marriage are not performed by the rabbinical instituation in Israel, but they are allowed. They are allowed (but not recognized) when performed by non-orthodox rabbies (reform/conservative/secular), they are recognized when performed in other countries (same-sex marriage too) and they are definitely not against the law. More over, most of Israelis (about 70%) do not agree with the monoply the orthodox have on the marriage in Israel and there are multiple organizations and protests trying to change exactley that. Right now the second largest party in Israel has signed on its flag to establish civil marriage in Israel, and we have a majority of MK's who are known for their support of civil marriages.

You cannot make a simple statement on Israel's secular-religious relationship, since it is a very complicated subject that- believe me-every Israeli has a very strong opinion about it. It is the biggest internal problem Israel has, and there is no one single day it doesn't comes up on the news.

For most of Judaic history no, there were no mass expulsions of people that believe in Judaism. The most recent one, the European Christian vs European believers in Judaism was part of a much larger campaign for one country to rule Europe. Judaism was not the largest target and was not where most of hitlers military resources went towards. There is no instance in history where believers of Judaism were expelled either. Feel free to name some if you know of any.
10-05-2013, 03:02 PM
I like how in order to defend the deplorable treatment of women in Israel, Shiranl has to turn it into a "we were oppressed a long time ago" as if that is remotely related to treatment of women in Israel in 2013. Rolleyes

What does any treatment of believers in Judaism in the past have to do with they way they treat women in their country?
10-05-2013, 03:19 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2013 03:23 PM by shiranl.)
Really? you mean- apart from the Spanish Inquisition? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Inq..._conversos

That's funny- 'cause you were the first one to mention Israel's history.
And btw- it is NOT Israel's "deplorable treatment" of women. Israel treats women just fine. It is a lunatic ultra-orthodox minority deplorable treatment of women, which I REFUSE to be generelized in the same group as them, since I go and fucking PROTEST them MYSELF!

Stop distorting reality, stop lying, stop manipulating and go and learn some fucking history!