Should women be forced to sit away from men at the back of a bus?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2013, 06:46 PM
RE: Should women be forced to sit away from men at the back of a bus?
(11-05-2013 06:00 PM)I and I Wrote:  Religious people need bullshit like that to believe in their other bullshit.

No they don't. Most religious people only need a copy some holy textbook, a social group that believes the same shit they do, and weekly meetings to perform their rituals.

(11-05-2013 06:00 PM)I and I Wrote:  How can anyone with common sense believe that over thousands of years and over many contrives and cultures that there is only ONE LINEAGE OF JEWS.

You really like to divert the conversation elsewhere when people kick the shit out of your failed arguments.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2013, 07:00 PM
(11-05-2013 06:46 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  
(11-05-2013 06:00 PM)I and I Wrote:  Religious people need bullshit like that to believe in their other bullshit.

No they don't. Most religious people only need a copy some holy textbook, a social group that believes the same shit they do, and weekly meetings to perform their rituals.

(11-05-2013 06:00 PM)I and I Wrote:  How can anyone with common sense believe that over thousands of years and over many contrives and cultures that there is only ONE LINEAGE OF JEWS.

You really like to divert the conversation elsewhere when people kick the shit out of your failed arguments.

The idea of a one cohesive lineage of followers of Judaism is a myth THT was made up and is needed by religious people to help strengthen their bullshit argument about Jews being a chosen people or chosen race. The idea of Jews being a chosen people by god is a huge part of Christianity and Judaism. So in order to make this religious idea seem more legit Christian governments especially have propagated a false history to fit their religious views.

Are you guys really that stupid to not know that Jews in ancient Middle East have nothing in common with Jews that are European or even Jews that live in Iran. Just like Christians that live in Syria are different ethnically than Christians living in Alabama. What idiot doesn't know this?
11-05-2013, 07:08 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2013 07:28 PM by DeepThought.)
(11-05-2013 07:00 PM)I and I Wrote:  The idea of a one cohesive lineage of followers of Judaism is a myth THT was made up and is needed by religious people to help strengthen their bullshit argument about Jews being a chosen people or chosen race. The idea of Jews being a chosen people by god is a huge part of Christianity and Judaism. So in order to make this religious idea seem more legit Christian governments especially have propagated a false history to fit their religious views.

Are you guys really that stupid to not know that Jews in ancient Middle East have nothing in common with Jews that are European or even Jews that live in Iran. Just like Christians that live in Syria are different ethnically than Christians living in Alabama. What idiot doesn't know this?

Religion isn't based on fact so it doesn't need facts to survive. The idea that the major religions required a false history to survive is a load of shit. You have no understanding of religion.

You are an idiot.

11-05-2013, 07:09 PM
I love how questioning religion is a good thing, but questioning the many aspects of how religion has made up and exaggerated history or has influenced politics is somehow not accepted.

The "history" of most past events were shades heavily by religion. Why not question this also?
11-05-2013, 07:12 PM
(11-05-2013 07:00 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(11-05-2013 06:46 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  No they don't. Most religious people only need a copy some holy textbook, a social group that believes the same shit they do, and weekly meetings to perform their rituals.

The idea of a one cohesive lineage of followers of Judaism is a myth THT was made up and is needed by religious people to help strengthen their bullshit argument about Jews being a chosen people or chosen race. The idea of Jews being a chosen people by god is a huge part of Christianity and Judaism. So in order to make this religious idea seem more legit Christian governments especially have propagated a false history to fit their religious views.

That's not accurate. There was a diaspora of Jews from the Middle East and both the Sephardim and Ashkenazim are genetically related to those ancient Jews. There has been intermingling of genes with European populations, but your statement of 'no relationship' is incorrect.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-05-2013, 07:13 PM
(11-05-2013 07:08 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  
(11-05-2013 07:00 PM)I and I Wrote:  The idea of a one cohesive lineage of followers of Judaism is a myth THT was made up and is needed by religious people to help strengthen their bullshit argument about Jews being a chosen people or chosen race. The idea of Jews being a chosen people by god is a huge part of Christianity and Judaism. So in order to make this religious idea seem more legit Christian governments especially have propagated a false history to fit their religious views.

[Image: YOUR+ARGUMENT+IS+INVALID+meme+collection...2%2529.jpg]

Religion isn't based on fact so it doesn't need facts to survive. The idea that the major religions required a false history to survive is a load of shit. You have no understanding of religion.

You are an idiot.

You are an idiot for not knowing how religious people think. You see stupid, religious people make up all kinds of bullshit to make their religious ideas seem more legit lie for example: EXAGGERATING/COMPLETELY MAKING UP SHIT AND PASSING IT OFF AS HISTORY.

I am claiming that religious peeps have made up events and exaggerated events in history and you are claiming they don't do this?
11-05-2013, 07:15 PM
(11-05-2013 07:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  

That's not accurate. There was a diaspora of Jews from the Middle East and both the Sephardim and Ashkenazim are genetically related to those ancient Jews. There has been intermingling of genes with European populations, but your statement of 'no relationship' is incorrect.

There has been intermingling of the genitals in most of human history throughout ancient Middle East to modern times. What makes you think this happened on a far less scale in Judaism?
11-05-2013, 07:23 PM
(11-05-2013 07:15 PM)I and I Wrote:  There has been intermingling of the genitals in most of human history throughout ancient Middle East to modern times. What makes you think this happened on a far less scale in Judaism?

Oh my fuck....... When are you just going to concede the point? You have lost, this is a lost cause.

What point are you trying to prove?

11-05-2013, 07:26 PM
(11-05-2013 07:15 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(11-05-2013 07:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  That's not accurate. There was a diaspora of Jews from the Middle East and both the Sephardim and Ashkenazim are genetically related to those ancient Jews. There has been intermingling of genes with European populations, but your statement of 'no relationship' is incorrect.

There has been intermingling of the genitals in most of human history throughout ancient Middle East to modern times. What makes you think this happened on a far less scale in Judaism?

Because we have some honest-to-dog science to back up our claim.

Quote: Some of the best-known studies have compared the DNA of self-reported Cohanim (members of the Jewish patrilineal priestly line) from diverse backgrounds (both Ashkenazi and non-Ashkenazi) with cohorts of non-Jewish males from the same areas. The results reveal a remarkable similarity in the DNA sequence patterns of the Cohanim (who share what is termed the Cohen Modal Haplotype) across different continents but not shared by non-Jewish males from the same geographic locations, suggesting a shared a common origin in the Middle East well before the dispersion of Jews into separate communities.

You have a book written by someone with a stated agenda that falls apart when examined.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
11-05-2013, 07:58 PM
(11-05-2013 07:26 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(11-05-2013 07:15 PM)I and I Wrote:  There has been intermingling of the genitals in most of human history throughout ancient Middle East to modern times. What makes you think this happened on a far less scale in Judaism?

Because we have some honest-to-dog science to back up our claim.

Quote: Some of the best-known studies have compared the DNA of self-reported Cohanim (members of the Jewish patrilineal priestly line) from diverse backgrounds (both Ashkenazi and non-Ashkenazi) with cohorts of non-Jewish males from the same areas. The results reveal a remarkable similarity in the DNA sequence patterns of the Cohanim (who share what is termed the Cohen Modal Haplotype) across different continents but not shared by non-Jewish males from the same geographic locations, suggesting a shared a common origin in the Middle East well before the dispersion of Jews into separate communities.

You have a book written by someone with a stated agenda that falls apart when examined.

What "science" do you use to support a claim that is written in religious books about believers in Judaism being of a distinct ethnicity or race?