Should women be forced to sit away from men at the back of a bus?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2013, 07:59 PM
(11-05-2013 07:26 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(11-05-2013 07:15 PM)I and I Wrote:  There has been intermingling of the genitals in most of human history throughout ancient Middle East to modern times. What makes you think this happened on a far less scale in Judaism?

Because we have some honest-to-dog science to back up our claim.

Quote: Some of the best-known studies have compared the DNA of self-reported Cohanim (members of the Jewish patrilineal priestly line) from diverse backgrounds (both Ashkenazi and non-Ashkenazi) with cohorts of non-Jewish males from the same areas. The results reveal a remarkable similarity in the DNA sequence patterns of the Cohanim (who share what is termed the Cohen Modal Haplotype) across different continents but not shared by non-Jewish males from the same geographic locations, suggesting a shared a common origin in the Middle East well before the dispersion of Jews into separate communities.

You have a book written by someone with a stated agenda that falls apart when examined.

And you posted a link that uses bible verses. Get out of here you religious idiot.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2013, 08:08 PM
RE: Should women be forced to sit away from men at the back of a bus?
(11-05-2013 07:59 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(11-05-2013 07:26 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Because we have some honest-to-dog science to back up our claim.

You have a book written by someone with a stated agenda that falls apart when examined.

And you posted a link that uses bible verses. Get out of here you religious idiot.

Yes they did use a bible verse to show an idea had been around since before 1800. In fact here is the whole quote.

Quote:But if Sand rejects the notion of a Jewish nation, he must also find a way to discount its national consciousness and belief system. He therefore dismisses these as "implanted memories," contending that the notion of a Jewish exile as divine retribution and "the myth of the Wandering Jew" was only "adopted" from a "popular Christian myth" at a later time – around the fourth century CE.

He is wrong. This theme long predates the birth of Christianity. The Book of Jeremiah, written between 627-586 BCE during the period of the Babylonian exile, recounts Jeremiah's prophecies to Judeans warning them of impending destruction due to their idolatrous ways, and the Book of Lamentations written shortly after the exile, describes the punishment imposed by God. Both books (which are included in the Tanakh, or Hebrew Bible) establish the theme of the Jewish nation's dispersion from Israel in punishment for its sins, as well as the prophecy of salvation, restoration and return to the land. For example:

Jerusalem sinned grievously, therefore she became a wanderer (Lamentations, Ch. 1, Verse 8)

Thus saith the Lord: Refrain thy voice from weeping, and thine eyes from tears; for thy work shall be rewarded, saith the Lord; and they shall come back from the land of the enemy. And there is hope for thy future, saith the Lord; and thy children shall return to their own border. (Jeremiah, Ch. 31, Verses 15-16)

In that context I'd accept a biblical quote. The fact that you don't just shows your bias.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
12-05-2013, 04:50 PM
(11-05-2013 08:08 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(11-05-2013 07:59 PM)I and I Wrote:  And you posted a link that uses bible verses. Get out of here you religious idiot.

Yes they did use a bible verse to show an idea had been around since before 1800. In fact here is the whole quote.

Quote:But if Sand rejects the notion of a Jewish nation, he must also find a way to discount its national consciousness and belief system. He therefore dismisses these as "implanted memories," contending that the notion of a Jewish exile as divine retribution and "the myth of the Wandering Jew" was only "adopted" from a "popular Christian myth" at a later time – around the fourth century CE.

He is wrong. This theme long predates the birth of Christianity. The Book of Jeremiah, written between 627-586 BCE during the period of the Babylonian exile, recounts Jeremiah's prophecies to Judeans warning them of impending destruction due to their idolatrous ways, and the Book of Lamentations written shortly after the exile, describes the punishment imposed by God. Both books (which are included in the Tanakh, or Hebrew Bible) establish the theme of the Jewish nation's dispersion from Israel in punishment for its sins, as well as the prophecy of salvation, restoration and return to the land. For example:

Jerusalem sinned grievously, therefore she became a wanderer (Lamentations, Ch. 1, Verse 8)

Thus saith the Lord: Refrain thy voice from weeping, and thine eyes from tears; for thy work shall be rewarded, saith the Lord; and they shall come back from the land of the enemy. And there is hope for thy future, saith the Lord; and thy children shall return to their own border. (Jeremiah, Ch. 31, Verses 15-16)

In that context I'd accept a biblical quote. The fact that you don't just shows your bias.

Obviously the link you used didnt like the book because the book challenged Christian and Jewish notions of a unified racial lineage view of Jews. This view is a religious view and is supported only by making up history, like the ones in bible stories, hence your link using bible verses. How long have you been a fake atheist?

Any evidence that Jews are a race at all or at least a historical cohesive group to modern times? Oh that's right ZERO FUCKING EVIDENCE. Jews, like any other religious group spans many cultures and ethnicities and isn't contained in one race, culture or ethnic group.

And yes, religious people and rulers have made many pro-religious so called historical accounts that turned out not to have any historical evidence.

Hey pretend atheists, did you know that there is no evidence for a mass exodus of slaves from Egypt that were supposedly Jewish. Oh no, religious nut jobs making history up, what is a pretend atheist supposed to do.
12-05-2013, 04:52 PM
(12-05-2013 04:50 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(11-05-2013 08:08 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Yes they did use a bible verse to show an idea had been around since before 1800. In fact here is the whole quote.

Obviously the link you used didnt like the book because the book challenged Christian and Jewish notions of a unified racial lineage view of Jews. This view is a religious view and is supported only by making up history, like the ones in bible stories, hence your link using bible verses. How long have you been a fake atheist?

Any evidence that Jews are a race at all or at least a historical cohesive group to modern times? Oh that's right ZERO FUCKING EVIDENCE. Jews, like any other religious group spans many cultures and ethnicities and isn't contained in one race, culture or ethnic group.

And yes, religious people and rulers have made many pro-religious so called historical accounts that turned out not to have any historical evidence.

Hey pretend atheists, did you know that there is no evidence for a mass exodus of slaves from Egypt that were supposedly Jewish. Oh no, religious nut jobs making history up, what is a pretend atheist supposed to do.

Did you eat paint as a child? I have already link the genetic evidence that destroys that argument. Look if you want to hate the jews for being jews have fun but don't pretend it is anything other than that.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
12-05-2013, 04:55 PM
(12-05-2013 04:50 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(11-05-2013 08:08 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Yes they did use a bible verse to show an idea had been around since before 1800. In fact here is the whole quote.

What has Egypt got to do with anything? The Jewish diaspora was from the Middle East, not Egypt.

There is genetic evidence for the Jews sharing ethnicity, though much diluted over the centuries.
A 'race'? No. A 'chosen people'? No.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-05-2013, 09:55 AM
(12-05-2013 04:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 04:50 PM)I and I Wrote:  Obviously the link you used didnt like the book because the book challenged Christian and Jewish notions of a unified racial lineage view of Jews. This view is a religious view and is supported only by making up history, like the ones in bible stories, hence your link using bible verses. How long have you been a fake atheist?

What has Egypt got to do with anything? The Jewish diaspora was from the Middle East, not Egypt.

There is genetic evidence for the Jews sharing ethnicity, though much diluted over the centuries.

How does genetics prove ones ethnicity?
13-05-2013, 10:08 AM
(13-05-2013 09:55 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 04:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  What has Egypt got to do with anything? The Jewish diaspora was from the Middle East, not Egypt.

I should have used the term 'lineage', not 'ethnicity.

13-05-2013, 10:18 AM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2013 11:06 AM by DeepThought.)
(13-05-2013 09:55 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 04:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  What has Egypt got to do with anything? The Jewish diaspora was from the Middle East, not Egypt.

Had to snapshot this. Here is a prime example of I&I bringing the stupid.

Almost deserves a medal. Congrats.

Edit:
For a few individuals, it doesn't work. When you are talking about a large group of people like in this thread you can use genetics as evidence for ethnicity.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
13-05-2013, 11:38 AM
(13-05-2013 10:18 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  
(13-05-2013 09:55 AM)I and I Wrote:  How does genetics prove ones ethnicity?

Had to snapshot this. Here is a prime example of I&I bringing the stupid.

Edit:
For a few individuals, it doesn't work. When you are talking about a large group of people like in this thread you can use genetics as evidence for ethnicity.

Claiming that the evidence exists doesn't get one closer to actually providing evidence.

Evidence through DNA of a distinct "jewish ethnicity" And here you go not providing shit....Drinking Beverage
13-05-2013, 11:49 AM
(13-05-2013 11:38 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(13-05-2013 10:18 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Had to snapshot this. Here is a prime example of I&I bringing the stupid.

Edit:

Claiming that the evidence exists doesn't get one closer to actually providing evidence.

Evidence through DNA of a distinct "jewish ethnicity" And here you go not providing shit....Drinking Beverage

You can start here. Or here.