Should women be required to register for the Selective Service System ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2016, 07:46 PM
Should women be required to register for the Selective Service System ?
Males in the US must register on their 18th birthday, (even though there is no active draft), for the Selective Service System. If they don't, they can't get student loans, and risk all kinds of other Federally related consequences, (employment etc). Today some generals told congress women should have the same requirement.

What think ye ?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/02/...draft.html

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
02-02-2016, 07:47 PM
RE: Should women be required to register for the Selective Service System ?
Better them than me.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
02-02-2016, 07:49 PM
(02-02-2016 07:46 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Males in the US must register on their 18th birthday, (even though there is no active draft), for the Selective Service System. If they don't, they can't get student loans, and risk all kinds of other Federally related consequences, (employment etc). Today some generals told congress women should have the same requirement.

What think ye ?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/02/...draft.html

I don't have a problem with the idea. Seems fair to me.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
02-02-2016, 07:50 PM
I think people should be registered at birth and then if and when needed get their physicals/mentals to determine if or which they are acceptable for battle or non-coms jobs. People can serve even if they are not capable of fighting. If they are mentally or physically disabled they are excused.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
02-02-2016, 07:55 PM
While I have always thought it was discriminatory not to require this, if I had been in congress today, I think i would have taken the opportunity to tell the generals : "Ok boys, just as soon as it's proven we get equal pay for equal work, and everyone is safe from sexual assault in the military, you hurry your desk asses back here, and we'll talk about it". But that's just me. Angel

Tongue

But yeah, I do think it's fair. There are lots of jobs to do ... not necessarily just combat if that's not your capability.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 7 users Like Bucky Ball's post
02-02-2016, 08:02 PM
No one should have to register.
[+] 12 users Like I Am's post
02-02-2016, 08:08 PM
(02-02-2016 08:02 PM)I Am Wrote:  No one should have to register.

I tend to agree with that.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
02-02-2016, 08:12 PM
The mandatory draft is bullshit. If I got drafted, I'd "convert" to some pansy-ass religion like Jainism, and then file for conscientious objection on religious grounds.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
02-02-2016, 08:14 PM
(02-02-2016 08:12 PM)cactus Wrote:  The mandatory draft is bullshit. If I got drafted, I'd "convert" to some pansy-ass religion like Jainism, and then file for conscientious objection on religious grounds.

I'd move to Canada or something. I doubt it would come to that of course.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
02-02-2016, 08:33 PM
(02-02-2016 08:12 PM)cactus Wrote:  The mandatory draft is bullshit. If I got drafted, I'd "convert" to some pansy-ass religion like Jainism, and then file for conscientious objection on religious grounds.
Battlefield conversion, huh?