Should women be required to register for the Selective Service System ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2016, 09:09 PM
RE: Should women be required to register for the Selective Service System ?
On the OP, I say no.

Women already got the shaft on having periods, having to carry pregnancies, and being generally more vulnerable to rape and physical attack. We can stick it to the men on this one IMO.

Men - required
Women - voluntary

That's my preference.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2016, 10:59 PM
(08-02-2016 06:31 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 01:45 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Well there is a higher chance of a man being raped in the military, but we still send them. I still say just drop it, so people can avoid assault.

A higher quantity, but not a better chance. 14k guys vs 12k women, where there a great many more guys in the service.

In a year. In one particular year, a few years ago. Presumably the years since have been similar, with our war machine churning out killers, corpses, rapists and the newly raped by the thousands and tens of thousands annually. Or per fiscal year, as the report had it.

Sometimes I think the flood wasn't such a bad idea.
08-02-2016, 11:24 PM
(08-02-2016 06:31 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 01:45 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Well there is a higher chance of a man being raped in the military, but we still send them. I still say just drop it, so people can avoid assault.

A higher quantity, but not a better chance. 14k guys vs 12k women, where there a great many more guys in the service.

Well my goal wasn't to dismiss the females getting raped, just adding more fuel to the fire.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
08-02-2016, 11:34 PM
(08-02-2016 09:09 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  On the OP, I say no.

Women already got the shaft on having periods, having to carry pregnancies, and being generally more vulnerable to rape and physical attack. We can stick it to the men on this one IMO.

Men - required
Women - voluntary

That's my preference.

And the longer life span ? That's the shaft ?
Pregnancy is a choice in 2016.
Your view of "weak women" is rather outdated, IMO.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
09-02-2016, 06:42 AM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2016 07:40 AM by Matt Finney.)
(08-02-2016 11:34 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 09:09 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  On the OP, I say no.

Men - required
Women - voluntary

That's my preference.

And the longer life span ? That's the shaft ?
Pregnancy is a choice in 2016.
Your view of "weak women" is rather outdated, IMO.

Right, I'm sure you have to worry about being date raped too bucky, and I'm sure you're terrified when you have to walk down those dark alleys alone....Drinking Beverage

The truth is that men, ON AVERAGE, are much stronger than women. This isn't my "view" or opinion, this is a fact. As far as life span....it might be due to the same thing that causes men to be "stronger, taller, faster and less likely to be overweight" (https://www.cmu.edu/CSR/case_studies/wom...ger.html), hormones. Testosterone makes men more reckless and may also be linked to disease. "Later in life, testosterone puts men at risk biologically as well as behaviorally. It increases blood levels of the bad cholesterol (known as LDL, for low-density lipoprotein) and decreases levels of the good one (HDL, for high-density lipoprotein), putting men at greater risk of heart disease and stroke." (https://www.cmu.edu/CSR/case_studies/wom...nger.html)

Sure, pregnancy is a choice, but in order for our species to continue its existence, some women HAVE to get pregnant. And don't even pretend that men and women make equal sacrifice when it comes to carrying a pregnancy. Let's face it, most men would break down to tears at the thought of having to give up beer for 9 months, let alone all of the other hormonal and physical changes.

The longer life span thing seems like a moot point to me, I still think women have it tougher. The truth is, men and women are not the same, and they're not equal, and it's turning a blind eye to say that they are.
09-02-2016, 07:28 AM
What does "stronger" have value toward? You said something about vulnerable to physical attack... but does "stronger" physically of someone militarily trained connect to being able to disengage physical attacks better? Not certainly if you're knowing what to do, which someone trained could know.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
09-02-2016, 07:37 AM
(09-02-2016 07:28 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  What does "stronger" have value toward? You said something about vulnerable to physical attack... but does "stronger" physically of someone militarily trained connect to being able to disengage physical attacks better? Not certainly if you're knowing what to do, which someone trained could know.

I'm just saying that in general everyday life, women have more to worry about than men, and specifically, it is being raped. I've never been in any situation where I've had any concern at all about being raped. How many women can say that?

I'm just saying that in general women have it a little tougher, and have a little more to worry about, because the average woman can't physically overpower the average man. Physically, men have an advantage, there's absolutely no denying that.
09-02-2016, 07:52 AM
(09-02-2016 07:37 AM)Matt Finney Wrote:  
(09-02-2016 07:28 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  What does "stronger" have value toward? You said something about vulnerable to physical attack... but does "stronger" physically of someone militarily trained connect to being able to disengage physical attacks better? Not certainly if you're knowing what to do, which someone trained could know.

I'm just saying that in general everyday life, women have more to worry about than men, and specifically, it is being raped. I've never been in any situation where I've had any concern at all about being raped. How many women can say that?

I'm just saying that in general women have it a little tougher, and have a little more to worry about, because the average woman can't physically overpower the average man. Physically, men have an advantage, there's absolutely no denying that.

Except that men are in fact raped by other men.
Consider that for the average male, half of the other men have a physical advantage, there's absolutely no denying that.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-02-2016, 08:22 AM
(09-02-2016 07:52 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-02-2016 07:37 AM)Matt Finney Wrote:  I'm just saying that in general everyday life, women have more to worry about than men, and specifically, it is being raped. I've never been in any situation where I've had any concern at all about being raped. How many women can say that?

Except that men are in fact raped by other men.
Consider that for the average male, half of the other men have a physical advantage, there's absolutely no denying that.

I would add that rapist don't fight fair which means that even if you are larger, stronger or even more skilled in hand to hand combat, you might fall victim any way; the fact that many if not most of these sexual agression and rape are linked to «initiation rituals» and you realise that physical strength isn't even a factor since these aren't physically coercitive rapes. Finally, rapist frequently have accomplices and tacite support from their peers and you would have a clearer picture. Sexual violence is a problem in most modern armies because the army itself uses sexual domination willingly and knowingly as a tool to encourage violent behavior in its soldiers (AKA killing people) and improve combativity (sex, power, courage and strength are closely related concept in military training and in the perception of what war and soldiers are). The remenents of a semi-tribal structure within the ranks of the army which produce those infamous «initiation rituals» is also encouraging that sort of behavior. Here is a little article on the subject that covers the base rather well.

http://cir.usc.edu/wp-content/uploads/20...litary.pdf

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
09-02-2016, 10:13 AM
"9 of every 10 rape victims were female in 2003"

https://rainn.org/get-information/statis...lt-victims

Women have more to worry about, yer nuckin' futs if you don't believe that. When comparing women to men, women are at a disadvantage.