Should women be required to register for the Selective Service System ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2016, 05:04 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2016 05:08 PM by Chas.)
RE: Should women be required to register for the Selective Service System ?
(09-02-2016 11:34 AM)Matt Finney Wrote:  
(09-02-2016 10:34 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Sometimes people really just don't understand statistics.

Right. You don't understand statistics if you don't believe that the average female is weaker than the average male.

Do you not understand that those are ranges and the ranges overlap?
And that half of men are at a disadvantage compared to the other half?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
09-02-2016, 05:14 PM
This was required watching for my annual Sexual Harassment/Assault Response and Prevention training. I found it deeply and viscerally disturbing.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
09-02-2016, 05:25 PM
The problem should have been taken care of by now. We have don't rape people or kill yourself classes like every month, after all.

'Murican Canadian
09-02-2016, 05:31 PM
(09-02-2016 05:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  This was required watching for my annual Sexual Harassment/Assault Response and Prevention training. I found it deeply and viscerally disturbing.

I've never heard of it. I will watch. I'll say thx for sharing now because I may not think so afterwards. Sad

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
09-02-2016, 05:36 PM
(09-02-2016 05:25 PM)yakherder Wrote:  The problem should have been taken care of by now. We have don't rape people or kill yourself classes like every month, after all.

It's a judicial structural problem. They gotta take it out of the UCMJ chain of command reporting and prosecute it differently.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-02-2016, 06:45 PM
The first peacetime draft in the US was in 1940. I hope we don't face a situation like that again, but I wouldn't bet against it. I do remember reading that Senator Gerald P. Nye said that if the draft bill passed it would be the first step on a path that would inevitably lead to a fascist dictatorship headed by Franklin D. Roosevelt. At the time the US Army was 16th in the world, behind Bulgaria.
09-02-2016, 07:49 PM
(02-02-2016 07:46 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Males in the US must register on their 18th birthday, (even though there is no active draft), for the Selective Service System. If they don't, they can't get student loans, and risk all kinds of other Federally related consequences, (employment etc). Today some generals told congress women should have the same requirement.

What think ye ?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/02/...draft.html

Don't see why not. Of course I don't think anyone should have to be drafted, but that's another thing.
09-02-2016, 09:22 PM
(09-02-2016 05:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  Do you not understand that those are ranges and the ranges overlap?

Yes. Thank you for pointing out the most obvious thing that has ever been pointed out.

Yes. Thank you for pointing out the second most obvious thing that has ever been pointed out.
09-02-2016, 09:31 PM
(09-02-2016 09:22 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  
(09-02-2016 05:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  Do you not understand that those are ranges and the ranges overlap?

Yes. Thank you for pointing out the most obvious thing that has ever been pointed out.

Yes. Thank you for pointing out the second most obvious thing that has ever been pointed out.

You fucking troll.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
09-02-2016, 10:00 PM
(09-02-2016 09:22 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  

Your previous posts don't indicate that you understood those points. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]