Should women be required to register for the Selective Service System ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2016, 08:02 AM
RE: Should women be required to register for the Selective Service System ?
I haven't time to read the whole thread now - but I think that they should register if they are not the sole caregiver to offspring. In that case, only one of the parents should have to register, the other needs to care for the kids. They can figure out between them who does what...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2016, 08:22 AM
The appropriate question is "why shouldn't they register, and sign up if they're called".
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-06-2016, 09:00 AM
Women are more valuable to society than men. They should not be forced into combat except in extreme dire situations.

I don't have a problem with them registering for a draft provided the men are drafted first.
22-06-2016, 09:06 AM
(22-06-2016 09:00 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Women are more valuable to society than men. They should not be forced into combat except in extreme dire situations.

If they're more valuable to society why wouldn't they be drafted first?
22-06-2016, 09:07 AM
(22-06-2016 09:00 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Women are more valuable to society than men. They should not be forced into combat except in extreme dire situations.

I don't have a problem with them registering for a draft provided the men are drafted first.

Bla bla bla.
No one says they have to be in combat. National service should be required of everyone. But thanks, Blowjob, for demonstrating how out of touch you are with reality and 2016.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
22-06-2016, 09:36 AM
Time to bring up Starship Troopers yet?
22-06-2016, 09:37 AM
(22-06-2016 09:07 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Bla bla bla.
No one says they have to be in combat. National service should be required of everyone. But thanks, Blowjob, for demonstrating how out of touch you are with reality and 2016.

You sir are the one who is out of touch with reality because we are talking about drafting women to fight. Even if we did not draft women fight we would be drafting them into positions that make them targets.

Bucky, it seems that as time goes on, your becoming less and less coherent. Perhaps you should seek medical care.
22-06-2016, 09:46 AM
(22-06-2016 09:37 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 09:07 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Bla bla bla.

You sir are the one who is out of touch with reality because we are talking about drafting women to fight. Even if we did not draft women fight we would be drafting them into positions that make them targets.

Bucky, it seems that as time goes on, your becoming less and less coherent. Perhaps you should seek medical care.

What an out of touch fool. Obviously you were never in the military. Many people who were drafted had non-combat roles. Woman would serve in the capacity they are capable of serving, just like men do. Anything else is outright discrimination.

You IN NO WAY supported your claim that women were more valuable than men, Blowjob.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
22-06-2016, 10:49 AM
(06-02-2016 12:55 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(05-02-2016 11:14 AM)Aliza Wrote:  First of all, I disagree with the draft. We have plenty of people who sign up willingly, and if people are refusing the fight in a war, then the government needs to recognize that the people don't support the war that's being fought.

With that said, I would have been more than happy to register on my 18th birthday to help in whatever way I'm capable of helping. But let it be known that I have no upper body strength what-so-ever. My arms get tired just hauling loaded laundry baskets around.... I will not be doing a single chin up and nor will I be lifting heavy weapons to fire them.

But you could be a drone pilot, how cool would that be.

The thing is that you still have to be, as yakherder puts it, "a killer". It's not just a video game. There are real people on the other end, and you are responsible for ending their lives. You have to be able to deal with that psychologically.

Vijay Iyer & Mike Ladd did a CD that dealt with the subject of veterans and how they dealt with the aftermath of combat (specifically in Iraq and Afghanistan). Real veterans were involved in this, one of them a female "drone pilot". The job gave her nightmares. It's a great CD, regardless of how you feel about war. Some pretty intense stuff on there.

https://www.amazon.com/Holding-Down-Vete...B00E9E4DIS
22-06-2016, 11:09 AM
(22-06-2016 10:49 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(06-02-2016 12:55 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  But you could be a drone pilot, how cool would that be.

The thing is that you still have to be, as yakherder puts it, "a killer". It's not just a video game. There are real people on the other end, and you are responsible for ending their lives. You have to be able to deal with that psychologically.

Vijay Iyer & Mike Ladd did a CD that dealt with the subject of veterans and how they dealt with the aftermath of combat (specifically in Iraq and Afghanistan). Real veterans were involved in this, one of them a female "drone pilot". The job gave her nightmares. It's a great CD, regardless of how you feel about war. Some pretty intense stuff on there.

https://www.amazon.com/Holding-Down-Vete...B00E9E4DIS

This is about the draft, if you are drafted you don't have a choice to be ready for it.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze